Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scamp is at Emergency Vet/UPDATE: He is Home

+3
buddabun
Maizy
Josephine
7 posters

Go down

Scamp is at Emergency Vet/UPDATE: He is Home Empty Scamp is at Emergency Vet/UPDATE: He is Home

Post by Josephine Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:33 pm

Just had to rush Scamp to the vet. He managed to get into Dexy and Bonnies area of shed and during ensueing fight his ear has been very badly ripped. At first I thought there had been just the usual fur pulling, which always looks worse than it actually is in my experience. then I noticed what I thought was a bit of fuchsia stuck to his ear, it looked like he was wearing an earring. Anyway I then realised he was injured. the vet is giving him GA and will try to mend as best he can. Sad
So can we have lots of vibes for Scamp.
>>>>>>>>>>VIBES<<<<<<<<<<

Last edited by jomart on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Scamp is at Emergency Vet/UPDATE: He is Home Empty Re: Scamp is at Emergency Vet/UPDATE: He is Home

Post by Maizy Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:47 pm

Oh poor thing, such a worry when they scrap. Sending loads of ((((((( GET WELL VIBES ))))))
Maizy
Maizy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Scamp is at Emergency Vet/UPDATE: He is Home Empty Re: Scamp is at Emergency Vet/UPDATE: He is Home

Post by Josephine Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:52 pm

Maizy wrote:Oh poor thing, such a worry when they scrap. Sending loads of ((((((( GET WELL VIBES ))))))
Thanks for that. Should know within an hour that all is well.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Maizy Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:18 pm

Maddie ended up with a cut lip after a fight with Alfie last year. They'd been together about 6 weeks, so I thought they were looking good as a couple. Luckily I was in the kitchen with the door open and I heard a din coming from the shed. Dived out the door to find Maddie with a cut lip and enough fur flying to stuff a duvet. My nerves couldn't cope with leaving them to it and I separated them. Luckily she didn't need stitches but she had to come indoors to heal for a while and ended up bonding with Flynn. I'm still nervous and they have been together 8 months now. Let us now how he get's on.
Maizy
Maizy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:33 pm

oh poor Scamp. BIG vibes coming your way... Sad
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Sending vibes for Scamp

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:55 pm

I hope his op' goes well and that his ear will soon heal up

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Sending (((VIBES))). Hope his ear just leaves him with a sexy battle scar, the doe's will dig it!
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Thanks everyone. Scamp is home now but is still a bit wobbly. He has some soluble stitches in his ear, but had to have a chunk cut out at the edge. I guess he is never going to win a most handsome bunny in the world contest now.
He had his op about 1.30 today. Should he have started eating and drinking by now.
Goes off to check in Rabbit care section...............
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Aww poor Scamp... hope he is ok now x
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:08 pm

my vet say if they don't start eating in the next 24 hours bring them back - i think it sometimes takes a few hours to get over everything. perhaps try some treat food?
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:34 pm

I would try to get him to have a drink. He probably wont start to eat til the early hours of the morning. A heat pad would help him 'come round' too.

More vibes on their way Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down