Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't think Helen is well/ UD 'Just a dirty bottom' :-)

+4
Sparky
fiver
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
8 posters

Go down

I don't think Helen is well/ UD 'Just a dirty bottom' :-) Empty I don't think Helen is well/ UD 'Just a dirty bottom' :-)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:50 pm

We have both noticed that for a few days now Helen and Baby Saint haven't eaten all their greens and herbs we haven't been to worried as they all seem to go through phases of not eating their greens, sometimes they don't like the cabbage and we have had chopped cabbage for a couple of days and thought it could be that but I've just noticed their food has hardly been touched and I know Baby Saint won't eat until her Mummy Helen does.

Helen is sat in the corner it is all their ' bunny siesta' time but I am now wondering if Helen is not well, she has an old hernia and a twisted spine and I know she can suffer with back pain. Mike has given them both some Metacam.

I've just been and looked at her again and she is now eating , am I worrying to much?

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

I don't think Helen is well/ UD 'Just a dirty bottom' :-) Empty Re: I don't think Helen is well/ UD 'Just a dirty bottom' :-)

Post by KatieB Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:18 pm

You are right to keep a close eye on them. We bunny mums (and dads) know our buns best and we should follow our instincts.

Sending vibes that they are ok xxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

I don't think Helen is well/ UD 'Just a dirty bottom' :-) Empty Re: I don't think Helen is well/ UD 'Just a dirty bottom' :-)

Post by fiver Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:30 pm

you know your buns so i would definately keep a close eye on her Thumbs Up
sending some early vibes just in case Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Just-in-case vibes from here too.

As has been said, I think if they seem 'off' then you should trust your instinct. But hopefully it is nothing more than an off day or two Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 pm

When Helen was checked she had a dirty bottom so we think that was why she was quiet, our bunnies make me laugh if they have a dirty bottom they seem to hide away and I'm sure it's a case of 'Oh no if they know I've a dirty bottom they will pick me up and clean it....Noooooooooo" Laughing

But they don't win as we can sniff them out Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:When Helen was checked she had a dirty bottom so we think that was why she was quiet, our bunnies make me laugh if they have a dirty bottom they seem to hide away and I'm sure it's a case of 'Oh no if they know I've a dirty bottom they will pick me up and clean it....Noooooooooo" Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
thats exactly how i know with bluebell she goes and runs into hiding when i go to fuss her only when botty is dirty Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:54 am

Sending vibes just in case!

I think it is funny when they will give you the 'butt in the face' when they are mad...sometimes up close and all to personal. But when we TRY to look at their butts....no way!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Sending some just-in-case vibes for Helen and hoping it is just a dirty bottom and nothing more Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

I don't think Helen is well/ UD 'Just a dirty bottom' :-) Empty UPDATE HELEN SATURDAY 5:31

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Helen is ok and was quiet because she had a dirty bottom as soon as it was cleaned she was different again Smile

What is she like Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Oh Helen, you do know how to scare your mummy and daddy don't you! Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:56 pm

I am so glad she is better love. I don; think mums and dads can every worry too much and I am sending lots of love and cuddles.

Hus

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:18 pm

So glad Helen is better, it's adorable that baby saint won't eat unless her mummy did but I can imagine it isn't helpful!

Tuckerbunnies wrote:When Helen was checked she had a dirty bottom so we think that was why she was quiet, our bunnies make me laugh if they have a dirty bottom they seem to hide away and I'm sure it's a case of 'Oh no if they know I've a dirty bottom they will pick me up and clean it....Noooooooooo" Laughing

By dirty bottom do you mean a bit of a runny bum? Jeeves has this, this evening. He did look a bit coy tonight as if to say 'nope, nothing to see here!'
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:22 am

How is the sweet angel tonight? Bottom dry and fluffy?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down