Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Dolly Monster!

+4
gentl
fiver
Tuckerbunnies
marleyNfriends
8 posters

Go down

Oh Dolly Monster! Empty Oh Dolly Monster!

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:25 pm

Ive never known anything like it, theyre smarter than we give them credit for!

Having them out all night is fab, but being woken up by Dolly every night is really starting to take its toll. She clearly finds it amusing though as shes getting worse every night! On friday i got the fright of my life, when i put my reading book down to find her sat directly behind it! I didnt even know she was on the bed!!! Shocked This morning, she was either digging her way into my bed or digging me out of it! Laughing Its a blimmin good job i love them to bits...seriously though, the broken sleep is doing my head in, I just dont know how to stop her from getting up! Rolling Eyes

ETA: Im a bit concerned about her at the moment though, as shes started to drink rather a lot of water! We have been here before though, so im going to keep an eye on her for a week or 2 and if it continues, take her for a check up. 700ml in 24 hours seems like an awful lot for 2 little bunnies. Last time she did this, it was her teeth, but she lost a lof of weight too, whereas her weight has remained stable for ages now. Im hoping it will just pass, and maybe shes too hot. If it continues and its not her teeth, ill have to get some blood tests done i think.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Oh Dolly Monster! Empty Re: Oh Dolly Monster!

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:10 am

Oh Dolly Monster let your Mummy get some shleep Laughing

I must agree 700mml of water in 24 hours is a lot to drink but it could be a number of reasons, is she moulting that could be one, it could be the heating and getting use to it after being outside, have you cut down on the greens at all? they could be eating more hay which will make them drink more water, have you changed their food at all ?

I think all you can do is what you said just keep an eye on her and see how she goes on and if she keep's drinking a lot of water and losing weight I think blood tests would need to be done. I'm sure she will be ok though Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:46 am

ROFL shows how much they miss you when you sleep Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:15 pm

How is the Dolly Monster today? Still drinking too much?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:08 pm

I hope she is back to normal love. I had to laugh about your being woken up, she just loves her mum.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Oh it's such fun when they wake you up in the night isn't it? I have to say, although I really miss having Willow in my room I do NOT miss that Laughing Seriously though, I hope she packs it in. I know how annoying it can be.

And sending vibes that all is ok re: the water drinking. How is she today? Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:26 pm

how is she doing now hun?

Is she still drinking lots?

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Laughing She must be much more graceful than Molly and Junior, they can't jump up on anything without everyone in the house hearing it Laughing

When I was reading your post I was thinking that her excessive drinking might be down to the change of environment. Fingers crossed that's all it is.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi folks, sorry for my late reply, i was lurking on my phone earlier, but didnt bother replying as its a total pain!

Im not too concerned at the moment, i think some of the probems were having are more than likely down to the change in environment, as Marley was having a problem with excess cecals the other week, and i came home to find a fair few tonight, some quite big ones too. Im just going to continue to keep an eye on them both and see how we go.

As they are indoors, they wont require as much food to keep them warm, plus the weight had been creeping on the pair of them. Over the last few weeks i have been slowly reducing their pellets more and putting them in a treat ball. They have also been having veggies every other day with a cup of excel country garden herbs on the days where they havent had veggies. They have been eating a lot more hay, which was the aim, but i have a feeling the dried forage may be causing the excess cecals, so im going to stop feeding them that again, and see how we go.

She doesnt seem to have drank quite as much as she had yesterday, but the dog bowl was almost empty again! Shocked
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm glad you're not too panicked. I hope there is a simple and non-worrying explanation for her drinking so much! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down