Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shall I Bond my 2 pairs? opinions please :)

5 posters

Go down

Shall I Bond my 2 pairs?  opinions please :) Empty Shall I Bond my 2 pairs? opinions please :)

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:51 pm

As some of you may know I have 2 M/F pairs whom are all neutered , Flopsy will be 6 next month and he is bonded with Lily and they've been together 1 year and 4 months, Lily is a year & half ish then I have Bella who is 4 & half and shes bonded with Pickle who is my rescue rabbit and he is roughly a year & half and they have been bonded 6 months now, Before I got Pickle I did try Bonding Bella with the Lily& Flopsy and to try a trio , Bella & Flopsy got on great and were grooming within seconds Love they were okay for maybe about 10 minutes and then Lily started nipping Bella and i did not want to continue as i was worried it may interfere with Lily & flopsy's bond, when i did take Bella out Lily & Flopsy had a scuffle. So then obviously we went to the rescue and Bella was matched up with Pickle Love

But I was just wondering would it be worth bonding them , it will mean they will have the whole of the shed which is currently divided in half and each pair has 4.5ft x 7ft and a second level, But it would be great for them to have the whole 9x7ft shed with a 7ft second level, and the 2 8x4ft runs which we could join up to make a 8x8ft run which would be my dream, and then when our garden is fully fenced they could all free range.. Very Happy

However I have got to think about Bella's health really as in October she developed heart problems and she has heart disease but she is on medication and is responding very well and gaining weight so I dont think there would be much of a problem , I just don't want her to get stressed ect. :?

Would 2 males and 2 females work?? is it worth the risk?? :? Decisions ,Decisions ahhh!! thanks in advance Wave
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Shall I Bond my 2 pairs?  opinions please :) Empty Re: Shall I Bond my 2 pairs? opinions please :)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 pm

I don't think I would bond them all togther as they are use to their usual partners and I think you do have to think about Bella's heart it just might
be to much stress for her .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Shall I Bond my 2 pairs?  opinions please :) Empty Re: Shall I Bond my 2 pairs? opinions please :)

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I don't think I would bond them all togther as they are use to their usual partners and I think you do have to think about Bella's heart it just might
be to much stress for her .

Thank you, You are right Maysie, I would hate to ruin their bonds, as they are both pretty close . would be amazing if they could instantly fall in love and bond Love
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Humum wouldn't have two males together again. Although some people have apparently had success with this, it's not something she'd be willing to risk. She also had difficulty with trying to bond a single into an existing pair, to the point that she gave up despite the fact she has never really struggled to bond m/f pairs (except me, but I'm special Embarassed). I was in a trio of girls - we were bonded very young - and that was the closest bond Humum had ever seen until we tragically lost Molly and I got poorly Sad

Our quad is one male and three females who have been together all their lives. We started off with a group of nine but one boy after another got bullied out of the group until we gave up and bonded each boy with a girl, leaving lucky Smudge with his three girls.

Anyhoo - I agree with Maysie, I would leave yours as they are. They have fabulous living quarters as it is Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm

nice to see you back and hope you are ok Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi Fiver Wave I was gobbled up by aliens and was just spat out Smile
Hope you and the bunnies are okay Smile
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm

I did have a two male bond that worked well for over 18 months (when one of the buns died) but it never looked as stable as a male/female bond and it only worked because one bun was very submissive and the other was prepared to accept him.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:23 pm

BellaPickleFlopsyLily wrote:Hi Fiver Wave I was gobbled up by aliens and was just spat out Smile
Hope you and the bunnies are okay Smile
ROFL ROFL ROFL
yes were good thanks Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down