Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Single House Buns

+5
Karina
racheld69
Becca6
jayms_fallen_angel
Catsknickers
9 posters

Go down

Single House Buns Empty Single House Buns

Post by Catsknickers Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:36 pm

O/H and I have had big rows over the last few days as he doesn't want me to take on another bun. This would mean that Chance would have to be a single housebun.... anyone got one and what can I do to ensure he is happy? He lost his wife 4 weeks ago today.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Single House Buns Empty Re: Single House Buns

Post by jayms_fallen_angel Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:44 pm

So long as you spend a lot of time with your bun and show a lot of attention your bun will probably be happy living alone. Bunnies like company and if you can't get another bun,your company is the next best thing.
jayms_fallen_angel
jayms_fallen_angel
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-07-01

http://jaymsfallenangel.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca6 Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:53 pm

My special bun Harv was a single bunny and he was a very happy bun. Even working full time I don't think he missed out as he spent most of the day snoozing anyway. From the minute I came home until going to bed, and all day Saturday and Sunday, he'd be with me. I don't think he missed out - he didn't know any different - and I know he was a contented bunny as he smothered me with bunny kisses and came and lay in my arms every evening. Boy do I miss that bun.

I think Chance would be fine as a single bun - he has you loving him and paying attention to him, and I think buns can bond with people - Harv certainly bonded with me (he also loved the cat and they'd curl up together).
Becca6
Becca6
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 738

Back to top Go down

Post by jayms_fallen_angel Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:13 pm

Oh yes, Charm was single for six months and he'd come sleep with me, come for fusses and follow me around the room. My mum said he was a lapdog in a bunnies body.
jayms_fallen_angel
jayms_fallen_angel
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 77

http://jaymsfallenangel.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:09 pm

do what i did and convince him to let you get another one and get 2! seriously though my OH was a defo no and then within 2 weeks i had turned him into a yes! Very Happy
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:19 pm

My youngest bun dodge is a single house bun. He constantly has attention, I know that my company is no substitute for him having a bunny friend but he is happy.
Karina
Karina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:20 pm

I think if rabbits have always been single house buns then they lov eyour company as they dont know what its like to be with a friend, and if youre aroudn them all the time they are happy.

But only you can tell whether he has adapted well to being without princess, or if he is lonely. If he has adapted well, and it happy to be around you, and doesnt appear to be lonely then just continue with what youre doing Smile

if you feel that he is lonely, and misses his bunny friends then i would work on convinching your OH
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:21 pm

I see no problems for you, Bertie is a singleton and loves the space he shares with us. Granted, he has known no different, but the bond we have formed with him is lovely, and he gets all the attention he wants. I wouldn't worry unless Chance is showing signs of boredom, depression or lonliness. He's in very good hands, and I'm sure his quality of life will be great. although you may have at the back of your mind that you are not doing everything right for him, well, who does? If he's well kept, cared for and loved, which he will be, and has company, which he has, then he is a lot better off than some of the buns we all know about, so accept it, if this is the way it has to be, and enjoy being his substitute bunny albino
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:56 pm

I think it depends on the bunny. albino

I am kind of in the same situation now with Meggie, she has been a lone house bun for a month now and I feel she is lonely so am going to be getting her a friend, as even though she gets lots of company from me and she has been getting loads more friendly I think she will always miss having another bunny to love (was previously part of a pair). When she plays in the garden I have to cover the others up as they would go mental if they saw her but she sits and listens to them, sniffs round and tries to look under the covers Sad

Only you will know how he is on his own, why is your OH saying he doesn;t want you to have another bun?
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahP Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:35 pm

I've got the same situation. Clover died in March, and Dusty has been on her own ever since. I'm with her virtually 24 hours a day, due to having no life ( Embarassed ). I kind of feel that she isn't unhappy, but that she could be happier with another bunny. So I don't think it's an unhappy life, as such.
SarahP
SarahP
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down