Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes Please For Florence

+9
jolovesbunnies
gentl
Rachel&Nibbler
FluffSlave
fiver
Dotdot
Tuckerbunnies
marleyNfriends
icedancer
13 posters

Go down

Vibes Please For Florence Empty Vibes Please For Florence

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:14 am

Over Christmas Florence had a couple of dirty bottoms, but was still very active and eating, so I just cut out all veg. They've had no veg since Christmas Day.

Yesterday I offered her a Fenugreek crunchie but she refused, unusual but I assumed that she just wasn't hungry.

We have a little routine in the evening, I shut the living room door and by the time I'm at the pen she is sat by the door waiting to come out. I done this last night and she refused to budge. Now Florence not wanting to come out is a major concern.

She is eating, but not as much as normal, and she has had some hairy poos so I don't know if its just tum ache. But I'm worried because she just isn't Florence.

Can you all send vibes over please!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Vibes Please For Florence Empty Re: Vibes Please For Florence

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:39 am

Oh no! Seems to be a just lot of poorly bunnies at the moment. Lots of vibes for Florence. X x x
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:49 am

I am taking note of these rabbit's with dirty bottoms and upset tummies as my vet said she is seeing more and more with digestive problems and we have certainly had our fair share of digestive problems with our bunnies to the point we are thinking of putting them back on pellets and finishing with the greens.

I certainly have noticed a lot more serious tummy problems in rabbit's on this forum and other's. Something is wrong somewhere.

Sending Florence lots and lots of get well Vibes xxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 am

Its strange, even Dougal had a slight dirty bottom over Christmas and he never does. It was at that stage I took them both off greens and they are on pellets/hay/hay based food only. Plus the Pro-C is back. I'm wondering if its because they are both moulting, but she's just so quiet. Florence is a very lively girl, so the difference is noticeable.

I wonder if its something to do with a brand of pellets, seeing as it is happening a bit. Mine are on a combination of excel and supreme. How abouts yours Maysie?

I'm WFH today in the living room so I can monitor her, and I've just put in some pineapple juice. She knocked over the first bowl No so now I've put some more in.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:32 am

icedancer wrote:Its strange, even Dougal had a slight dirty bottom over Christmas and he never does. It was at that stage I took them both off greens and they are on pellets/hay/hay based food only. Plus the Pro-C is back. I'm wondering if its because they are both moulting, but she's just so quiet. Florence is a very lively girl, so the difference is noticeable.

I wonder if its something to do with a brand of pellets, seeing as it is happening a bit. Mine are on a combination of excel and supreme. How abouts yours Maysie?

I'm WFH today in the living room so I can monitor her, and I've just put in some pineapple juice. She knocked over the first bowl No so now I've put some more in.

Our lot are on just hay and greens but we are now thinking of putting them back on SS Adult and hay. We use to give them Excel Adult but so many of them had dirty bottoms we took them off it and put them on SS and we have had a lot less dirty bottoms since. Excel tends to be oily if you get a sheet of kitchen towel and put some Excel pellets on it and you can see the oil, someone told me to do that and we did.

We have never had so many with tummy upset's and we again are having to throw the cabbage away and I've half a large tub of it all bought the other day Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Jeeves had an upset tummy last week to the point of runny caecatrophes, but it was just for a few hours and then he was fine again. He doesn't have cabbage either but is starting a moult and I'm now becoming a firm believer that moult can cause upset tummies and messy bums. It's happened other times he started moulting too...

Can you try her with some pineapple?

Vibes for Florence!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:46 pm

mega vibes for Florence I hope she gets better soon Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
try a little pineapple juice as she has hair in her poo it may help a little Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Oh I know all too well how worrying this is at the moment Sad

Sending lots of vibes to Florence Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Sending lots and lots of vibes your way. I do hope it's nothing serious and she's ok Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Sending mega vibes for precious Florence Love via hare-Mail! I know you must be very concerned about her lack of nortiness.

I'm a firm believer in pineapple juice and even little juicy tidbits of pineapple that have been packed in it's own juice. Lots of fiber and moisture.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Of course you can have lots of vibes sweets and loving ones as well. I was just saying to Paul that there does seem to be so many poorly buns at the moment. Please keep us updated love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:24 pm

How's Florence now Carla ?

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Lots and lots of vibes for Florence, I hope she is feeling better now Hugs Hugs Hugs

We get a mix of SS and Burgess (both normal adult pellets, more SS than Burgess). Veg-wise we go heavy on the herbs - lots of coriander, a little parsley, basil, dill, mint. They also get rocket and one mange tout each. Then occasionally really teeny bits of kale, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, fennel, watercress, spinach - whichever Humum happens to pick up. Nobunny here has had a mucky bum for ages (except Layla producing excess caecotrophs when Hudad let her have the parsley and cranberry tree treat for too long over Christmas No).

We've definitely seen an improvement having gone away from spring greens and the cabbagey type veg to herbs and tiny amount of other things.

It's just so difficult to tell whether it is a food upsetting them or an illness Hmmm
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Thank you for all the vibes.

She's picked up a lot this afternoon, I took the pen away to "make" her move which caused Dougal to have a mega strop Laughing She made a break for freedom into my bedroom where she isn't allowed (and she knows it) Laughing

She came out again tonight, she didn't run around as much as normal but she did do a couple of bunny 500s. One of them done an absolute stinky cecal earlier, I imagine Florence. I've done a bum check and they are both clean, although Dougal is still sulking about the pen incident.

Now I *may* have come to a conclusion. Florence is a tiny rabbit, should she be on the dwarf and junior excel? They are on the oregano adult, and I'm about 99% she did not get a dirty bottom while on the dwarf and junior one, it was what she was weaned onto as a baby.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:34 pm

icedancer wrote:Thank you for all the vibes.

She's picked up a lot this afternoon, I took the pen away to "make" her move which caused Dougal to have a mega strop Laughing She made a break for freedom into my bedroom where she isn't allowed (and she knows it) Laughing

She came out again tonight, she didn't run around as much as normal but she did do a couple of bunny 500s. One of them done an absolute stinky cecal earlier, I imagine Florence. I've done a bum check and they are both clean, although Dougal is still sulking about the pen incident.

Now I *may* have come to a conclusion. Florence is a tiny rabbit, should she be on the dwarf and junior excel? They are on the oregano adult, and I'm about 99% she did not get a dirty bottom while on the dwarf and junior one, it was what she was weaned onto as a baby.

If Florence did that stinky poop I think you will find she will be much better now and that she had a touch of tummy ache. We usually celebrate when one of our bun's with a tummy upset does a stinky poop as we know they are on the mend Smile

So glad she has picked up.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Sorry to highjack your thread Carla, but coincidently Willow and Mojo had been having Spring Greens quite recently before her tummy upset. I wonder if there is a link?

Although I'm not sure the veg alone would have upset her to the point of pure diarrhoea scratch

Sending Florence loads and loads of vibes - glad to hear she did a few bunny 500's for you Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:40 pm

I am so glad Florence is feeling better Very Happy

Herbie stopped eating last week, I did suspect his teeth but he did start eating again after some metacam and tummy meds. Herbie is just the worst to dose, he tucks his head right into his chin and being so fluffy it is really difficult to get a syringe anywhere near his mouth. Overnight he produced some very small and also some mishapen poops.

I am not a big fan of Excel - our first rabbit Barney produced masses of excess caecotrophes when given the junior variety. SS also had the same effect - hence I now use Bunny Basics T. This is timothy hay based as opposed to alfalfa which is what the Excel and SS were based on at the time. I am not sure if this is still the case.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:38 pm

yay go Florence go Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm glad our little Florence is feeling brighter Very Happy Love

Humum has always wondered about the 'Junior and Dwarf' rabbit food - surely a small adult rabbit needs the same nutrition as a large adult rabbit Hmmm

I'd agree with trying to get them off the Excel onto something else, or a mix with something else - we have a mix of Excel and SS and tummy problems have massively reduced since the amount of Excel we have was reduced.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:24 pm

This morning I only gave them supreme, and she is a lot brighter. Tonight when I done our usual routine she was waiting by the pen door for me Love then tried to get behind the TV No

Her poops still are "right". They have been on hay/hay based products/pellets for two weeks now, no veg at all (and previous to that very little veg) and while she is doing some golden ones, there are also some small dark ones, and a few strings of pearls but not as many. She's also pooing a lot out of the litter tray, which isn't Florence behaviour. She is the bunny who litter trained herself at 9 weeks old, and has never done poos out of the tray. But I'm guessing her tummy is still a bit sore. As I type she's sprawled out on the rug by my feet Love

Thanks for all the vibes and thoughts guys. It was the not wanting to play that got me, Florence ALWAYS wants to play!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Oh bless her, I am glad she is back to her old self love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:22 am

Give the beautiful Florence a cuddle for me and a snuggle for Dougal!

Hugs for you Carla!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:52 pm

I am so pleased to hear that she is on the mend. Bunnie tummies are so stressful.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 pm

How is she doing today hun??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 pm

That is great to hear. It is always so worrying when they suddenly start being unwell. You never know if it is just something and nothing or a more serious problem. Hugs Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down