Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vibes for bluebell please/RECOVERED

+13
Oggie & Flower
Thumper2001
Rachel&Nibbler
marleyNfriends
thezookeeper
Sue_pawz
jolovesbunnies
Sixer
FluffSlave
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
Sparky
fiver
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

vibes for bluebell please/RECOVERED - Page 2 Empty Re: vibes for bluebell please/RECOVERED

Post by fiver Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:34 am

no change this morning she will be at vets this morning but may not be able to update as my screening is scheduled afterwards and will not be able to drive or use a computer for a while but will as soon as I can Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

vibes for bluebell please/RECOVERED - Page 2 Empty Re: vibes for bluebell please/RECOVERED

Post by fiver Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 am

go to be quick as cab is on it's way but just got back from vets and they have checked her and said she has a bit of compaction and her teeth seem ok but they don't want to sedate her this soon so they said she can have cat metacam for 5 kilo's weight twice a day and she has got some fibreplex and metoclopramine solution 5mg/5ml every eight hours but if no change then they will take her in

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 am

Poor Bluebell Sad

Sending vibes to her and you, Rob. I hope your screening goes well and Bluebell gets better soon Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:30 am

Poor bluebell. Lots of vibes for her Rob Hugs
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:47 am

Rob, sorry to keep banging on about this but I am still concerned that the amount of metacam for Blue is not enough for her. With the dose that has been prescribed today Blue will be getting 0.5mg metacam a day.

A general prescribing rule is 0.2 to 0.6mg per kg of bunny every 24 hours.

How much does Blue weigh? If she weighs 2.5kg then the dose suggested would meet the minimum as per the above guideline. If she weighs more than 2.5kg then she should be on more.

I feel a right nag, sorry, but am worried.

Is Blue drinking plenty, if there is a compaction then plenty of fluids will help. Warm water always encourages drinking in our house.

Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Sending mega Vibes for Bluebell hope she will be ok Rob.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Sixer wrote:Rob, sorry to keep banging on about this but I am still concerned that the amount of metacam for Blue is not enough for her. With the dose that has been prescribed today Blue will be getting 0.5mg metacam a day.

A general prescribing rule is 0.2 to 0.6mg per kg of bunny every 24 hours.

How much does Blue weigh? If she weighs 2.5kg then the dose suggested would meet the minimum as per the above guideline. If she weighs more than 2.5kg then she should be on more.

I feel a right nag, sorry, but am worried.

Is Blue drinking plenty, if there is a compaction then plenty of fluids will help. Warm water always encourages drinking in our house.

Im worried too.

The syringe you have is per kg dose. The rule from JC is 5 x as much twice as often. So if you had a bun that weighed 1kg it would be to the number 5 on your little red syringe twice a day.

Daisy weighs 1kg and has to the number 5 twice a day. Charlie weighs 2.5 kg and has to the number 12 twice a day (and there is room for him to have a little more). They have no adverse affects from this, but they are pain free.

Im not a vet obviously and I cannot tell you what to do but I am concerned that Blue is in pain when she doesnt need to be. Even if you gave her half this dose it would still be better than what she is on at the moment. I think you need to push this with your vet.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:10 pm

cant read very well vision not good but I hope my typing is readable
blue is not well they have given meds as she seems to have a bit of compaction they have altered her metacam too and have to find a way to pick it up it's the dog one now but am waiting vet phoneing with dosage confirmation but sounding like 15 drops twice a day maximum but as I say am waiting will keep you all updated i'm worried too xxxx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Hope you are ok rob xxxxx

Let us know what they say x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Sending mega vibes for the gorgeous Blue, hope she's feeling better soon Hugs
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:45 pm

The doseage of the dog metacam sounds more like it.

Am thinking of you and sending loads of vibes for beautiful Blue xxx

Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:46 pm

It sounds like they are listening to you at least (although maybe it shouldn't be you having to tell them).

If she has a compaction the key is to get it broken up if possible, but at least moving along and out before it becomes a blockage. Please, please make sure you get plenty of fluids in her - if you need to, get the vet to show you how to do it by sub-cutaneous injection. If she does not have enough fluid in her intestines, stuff won't be moving along like it should. It might be worth asking for some Bio-Lapis, which is a pro-biotic the vet should have. Some buns like the taste so drink more if that is in their water. Same goes for Pro-C if you are able to get some.

One other piece of advice - if she seems to bloat or shows real signs of pain please get her in for an x-ray straight away.

I'm still a bit worried about the true cause of this and not entirely convinced it's due to the original spurs and mouth ulcer.

Lots of vibes for Bluebell Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:05 pm

thanks sparky,
I am syringing water and a watery critical care too as well she has just had 3ml water and 4ml critical care and her fiberplex.
I always use pro-c in all their waters since I got bluebell over a year ago Thumbs Up
she is looking comfortable at this moment Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Poor Bluebell Sad

I hope she starts to improve soon.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:07 am

just finished feeding blue again by syringe she had 4ml critical care fine grind and also 4ml water by syringe she was not too keen but accepted it and now cleaning her muck mouth and dewlap dribble Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:27 am

How is she doing Hun?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 am

fiver wrote:just finished feeding blue again by syringe she had 4ml critical care fine grind and also 4ml water by syringe she was not too keen but accepted it and now cleaning her muck mouth and dewlap dribble Thumbs Up

That's good Rob if you can just give her about 4ml water each time you syringe feed her at least then she is getting some fluids plus the water should help thing's along with her compacted tummy.

Topping up the Vibes for Bluebell xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:42 pm

I am sending lots more vibes for beautiful Bluebell Hugs

How is she Rob?
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:35 pm

whew busy day and shopping but blue is doing ok she is putting up with me feeding her with the syringe Laughing
but still not independently yet
look how mucky she got this morning No do they do bibs for buns Laughing Laughing
she yanks her self away sometimes just as I squeeze the syringe Laughing
vibes for bluebell please/RECOVERED - Page 2 EB882E18-2E05-400F-8D75-676F3DE58075-1364-0000012F3879F4D6

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Aww 'Mucky chops' Bless her Smile

Has she passed anything yet Rob as if she is a bit compacted ....you will when she does but that will be a great sign Very Happy

Topping up those Vibes for your special girl xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

not yet but waiting with the bear trap just in case Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:54 pm

fiver wrote:not yet but waiting with the bear trap just in case Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Glad to hear your mucky pup is doing okay Rob!

She is adorable - even covered in CC Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm

some really encouraging news
blue would not even touch fresh herbs for the last few days but just gave them all some coriander and blue tucked in and ate three shoots I know it's not much but it is such a huge improvement to me Happy Dance Happy Dance

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Keep it up Bluebell honey, you are doing really well and Auntie Jo sends lots and lots of love.

Hugs

JOxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next