Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh no now Lucy Rose is ill/ Blockage/ EMERGENCY VETS / PTS

+21
Vegan_bunny
paullp
marleyNfriends
Sixer
gentl
JoeyBunsMum
Rachel&Nibbler
Big Ears
Sue_pawz
Zo
FluffSlave
icedancer
thezookeeper
Amelia66
NickieM
Dotdot
KatieB
Thumper2001
fiver
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
25 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Oh no now Lucy Rose is ill/ Blockage/ EMERGENCY VETS / PTS  - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh no now Lucy Rose is ill/ Blockage/ EMERGENCY VETS / PTS

Post by icedancer Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:40 am

How's Lucy-Rose this morning?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Oh no now Lucy Rose is ill/ Blockage/ EMERGENCY VETS / PTS  - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh no now Lucy Rose is ill/ Blockage/ EMERGENCY VETS / PTS

Post by Sixer Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:45 am

Oh goodness, Maysie. For some reason I couldn't get onto HH yesterday and missed this.

Am thinking of you and sending loads of vibes for Lucy-Rose. She is an amazing bunny to hace come through this, and with yours and Mike's care she must have the best possible chance of a recovery.

You are so lucky to have Honor too.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:29 am

Update Tuesday 11:24 am

Well we now know her gut is working again as this morning 'Ewwwwwwwwwwww' big mess all over ! and I changed her bed completely and so that's a good sign, Lucy Rose is also not in a good mood being stuck in an indoor cage as she is use to being free range so I'm hoping after her vet appointment today she is allowed out again as I worry about her legs as she really need's to be using them as much as she can.

The vet nurse at the emergency vet's was amazed to hear Lucy Rose was eating an hour after her op....but she was! Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Good girl Lucy Rose! Very Happy

Stop sulkingz, mummy will let you out as soon as she is allowed to! Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Brilliant news! I'm so proud she has recovered so well Smile
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:50 pm

im so relieved well done lucy rose Love Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:03 pm

cheers well done Lucy-Rose!!
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Good girl Lucy-Rose Very Happy Love Love Love

I hope you are back to terrorising the kitchen Laughing

(Humum says she remembers a little grey and white bun who, after her spay, wolfed down everything in sight then broke out of her pen three times until they gave in and let her doze behind the sofa Twisted Evil )
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:25 pm

UPDATE ON VET APPOINTMENT

Lucy Rose is on her way back from the vet's after her check up and the vet is amazed how good she look's, everything is brilliant, she can go back out when she get's home Happy Dance
but she has to lose a little weight Embarassed

So maybe tonight we will get some sleep and a nice tea Happy Dance

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:36 pm

She is amazing cheers Happy Dance Love Love Love

Well done, you two - I reckon many people would not have caught it so soon, and that is what has given her the chance to make such a fabulous recovery. You are amazing too Very Happy Love Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Aw, good lass Lucy rose!
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by thezookeeper Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Oh that's brilliant new Maysie!! Happy Dance .
Well done Lucy Rose and you too Maysie for bring her to the vet so quickly Thumbs Up
thezookeeper
thezookeeper
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1071
Location : In my rabbit hole reading with Jenna bun in Kent - England.
Registration date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:23 pm

This is just fabulous! What a fighter she is!

If she had been with any other owners she may not have pulled through
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Yay!!! Fantastic news!!

And don't worry Lucy-Rose, the best of us have to lose some weight!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:00 pm

That is fab news cheers

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Thank God Lucy Rose Love is a Tuckerbunny! Good girl Lucy Rose! Have fun helping Mommy in the kitchen!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:11 am

Well done Lucy Rose and Maysie and Mike! Very Happy
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Update Thursday 3:56 pm

Lucy Rose is doing very well but she has a touch of diarreah at the moment and we have got her on Imodium as the vet said just put her on it for a couple of days, she is very quiet and so I think her tummy must still be sore but then when you look at the scar no wonder it's a long cut which they had to make as her blockage went back so far, but she seems to be eating more each day.

I've also noticed she doesn't want her carrot cruncher at the moment so when she finally does I think we will know she is a lot better.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:18 pm

I'm glad Lucy Rose is continuing to do well Very Happy

I hope her little problems clear up soon and she is back to munching her Carrot Crunchers again! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Im sorry ive missed this Maysie, i havent been on over the last week or so as ive had loads of work and have had visitors.

Im so glad she seems to be doing well, I paniced when i read the title Crying or Very sad Shes such fighter though, bless her. Fingers, toes and paws crossed that she continues to improve and that shes snatching those Carrot Crunchers again soon!!

I dont know how much i will be online at the moment, will Mike mind keeping me updated if anything changes? Hugs Hugs Hugs Lots of vibes and gentle snuggles coming for Lucy Rose xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Im sorry ive missed this Maysie, i havent been on over the last week or so as ive had loads of work and have had visitors.

Im so glad she seems to be doing well, I paniced when i read the title Crying or Very sad Shes such fighter though, bless her. Fingers, toes and paws crossed that she continues to improve and that shes snatching those Carrot Crunchers again soon!!

I dont know how much i will be online at the moment, will Mike mind keeping me updated if anything changes? Hugs Hugs Hugs Lots of vibes and gentle snuggles coming for Lucy Rose xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes we will let you know how she goes on, I didn't text you about it as I didn't want you to get upset as I know you have a soft spot and concern for her and she is doing so well. Honor said she has never known a rabbit to eat an hour after having major surgery for a blockage and yet Lucy Rose was tucking into her greens there is a photo on this thread of her somewhere eating after her op. Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:53 pm

She is doing amazingly well considering what an invasive operation she went through Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:42 am

Update Saturday 16th March ( Don't read if you are eating )

At the moment she has really bad diarrhea and she went in the front room yesterday afternoon and I went in to check her and it was all over the floor and she had hidden and I'm sure she hid because she had messed on the floor. I cleaned it all up and told her she was a good girl and couldn't help it as she is poorly and she gave me a kiss as if to say Thank You. I had to change all the vet bed as well that she sit's on as that was covered and it really smells bad.

Mike said when they do the Op they filled her with this saline fluid which protects her insides from infection and her body absorbs the fluid and this is what is coming out now, Honor the vet did say she could have diarrhea some do some don't.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:54 am

As long as shes continuing to get better. I've been thinking about her. Imagine if she was still in that awful grazing ark!? She probably wouldn't be here now, bless her. She's such a happy loving girl, despite everything. Love
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:02 am

marleyNfriends wrote:As long as shes continuing to get better. I've been thinking about her. Imagine if she was still in that awful grazing ark!? She probably wouldn't be here now, bless her. She's such a happy loving girl, despite everything. Love

I saved those photos of her in that awful grazing ark and everytime I look at them I cry to think they kept a bunny so loving and as gentle as Lucy Rose is...in that!
she so want's to be loved and she is. All the customers love her and look for her and give her a stroke, she is just a wonderful bunny and a very brave one at that! Love Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next