Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floppy the nutter

4 posters

Go down

Floppy the nutter Empty Floppy the nutter

Post by dizzylynn Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 am

Think time to make out door set up for floppy, if having him done doesnt help that is, he has the run of the kitchen but poops EVERYWHERE and is now widdling at door near the gate to get in. He knows how to get our attention to, climb, on what ever us low enough for him to jump on, which is the bun & dogs food buckets, he gets up on the bun bucket then proceeds to empty the recycle bin on the floor by grabbing the cerial boxes or milk cartan and throwing them all over place, ok boss needs emptied, if that doesnt get him extra attention he finds some other way of getting it. He has been spending time with the cat last few days, just sitting together, she tries to groom herself but hes that close she gets him instead, which he seems to enjoy. I would like to get him a female partner but dont have room to keep her till they can be bonded. My other worry about him in the kitchen is him eating crumbs the kids drop, incase he gets stomach problems. More active than the othe buns I think, he has just distoyed my oven glove hat was to go in the washing machine while I typed this out lol.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Floppy the nutter Empty Re: Floppy the nutter

Post by dizzylynn Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 am

Aurghhh great start to day, rat food fell off the cage, it was everywhere, nugget bounced into kitchen, floppy ate it before realised it went that far, god hope hes ok.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy D Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:36 am

Laughing Sounds like a right handful. As long as he doesn't eat lots of crumbs and stuff I'm sure he will be fine.

When I had Pickles castrated he calmed down a bit but didn't really change his behaviour. Is he litter trained? If he's only young he might just be being a teenager lol
Daisy D
Daisy D
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:46 pm

I can sympathize, Lynn! Our living room STINKS! We found a place where he has been peeing on the carpet!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Am trying not to feel smug cos I have outdoor bunnies! Floppy sounds a wonderful character Laughing

This is interesting though - when Herbie, Hollie and Rosie and then Gabe and Noo wintered indoors they weed and pooped everywhere. As soon as they moved outdoors they overnight started to wee and poop only in their (same) litter trays. It was obviously fine to trash the human's accommodation but a different story when in their own Rolling Eyes
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:10 pm

I have 3 out door buns, charlie is a very calm placid boy lion head x english, loves his face snuggles with daddy or the boys, twins (not actual twins just brother & sister) rex x english very cheeky but sweet when they get in your arms, tend to spar a bit at meal times, tried feeding them apart but they insist on sharing the same bowl, can lay them on their backs to do teeth checks etc, floppy no hope in hell have to wrap him in a towel for safety he fights & kicks, he was a rescue, not sure if will build him a set up out side or wait see how opp goes, I have to time it so he can adjust for next winter, going to book him in soon for the opp. He is a mini lop, their little confident cheeky charactors by nature so probs would only stop the teritorial stuff not the getting into mischief. Just had him out in the back green on the harness, he seemed to enjoy it, bright & alert not scared looking, grazing away in the grass.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down