Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeing John Chitty with Flopsy. U/D 10th may 2013

+12
Sixer
gentl
Thumper2001
jolovesbunnies
thezookeeper
fiver
KatieB
FluffSlave
Tuckerbunnies
Sparky
Velvet.Tears
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Seeing John Chitty with Flopsy. U/D 10th may 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeing John Chitty with Flopsy. U/D 10th may 2013

Post by fiver Thu May 02, 2013 11:37 pm

yes please any news ?

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Seeing John Chitty with Flopsy. U/D 10th may 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeing John Chitty with Flopsy. U/D 10th may 2013

Post by gentl Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 am

Waiting for news! Please may it be GOOD! Sending mega vibes!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri May 03, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm sending loads of vibes to the little man, and hugs for you Hugs

How is he?
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Fri May 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi everyone I'm really sorry I didn't update you all before. I thought I had already posted but it obviously hadn't! Embarassed

Flopsy is doing great surprisingly! He was eating straight away so obviously the grass and things in his diet has really been helping a lot.

He had the xray and thankfully nothing abnormal was shown. No organ enlargements or tumours ect, all well there. He did have to have to have a dental as he did have some spurs and nasty pegs, John graded his teeth condition 3 out of 5. Even though he had to have a dental apparently the teeth weren't too bad this time. His last dental was beginning of February so 3 months for him isn't too bad.

John did take bloods because the xray came back inconclusive so they had to take the bloods to investigate further. We're still awaiting the blood results, we phoned Anton today and John wasn't working today number should receive the results tomorrow.

I am pretty hopeful that nothing will be found on the bloods as nothing was found on the xray so surely there isn't anything serious going on? Maybe a kidney infection? I just don't know but I'm relieved he's doing really well and eating Very Happy.
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri May 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Oh Jack, this is fab news for you and Flopsy! You must be so relieved! Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 04, 2013 3:12 am

Oh I am so glad to hear that nothing abnormal was shown as I was worried for Flopsy and you.

Topping up the Vibes for your special little guy xxxx Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat May 04, 2013 5:17 am

Vibe top up for Flopsy! Love And Hugs for you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat May 04, 2013 7:23 am

Glad he is eating Jack, all I can suggest is to keep that grass coming:-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat May 04, 2013 9:53 am

Am glad to hear that nothing showed up on the X ray. Am sending some more vibes xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat May 04, 2013 11:10 am

i'm so glad nothing showed up sending vibes to ickle flopsy Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 04, 2013 11:21 am

Grass is the best food there is for rabbit's especially their teeth and if I were you I'd consider growing some in pot's or window boxes for the Winter for Flopsy Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Sat May 04, 2013 11:31 am

Thank you maisy I definitely will Very Happy

The bloods came back.... Sad
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat May 04, 2013 11:33 am

what has the results of bloods come back saying ??

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Sat May 04, 2013 3:22 pm

The blood results have come back this morning, John rang my mum and then she woke me up to tell me.

The blood tests have flagged up a concern with his Kidney and the functioning. John has done a quantitative test for E.Cuniculi and the results will be back on Tuesday.

I really do not know much about E.C or kidney/renal failure so I will be doing a lot of research and If anyone can advise me here I will be very grateful. John said something about Flopsy could be managed on Fortekor which is a drug for heart and renal failure in cats/dogs. Bella was on fortekor and it worked wonders for her.
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 3:43 pm

E.C. often lays dormant and then flares up when stress is occuring. I suspect any flare up now will be due to the renal problems. John is absolutely the best person to advise you on this. I am thinking you may well need to discuss diet with him as well. Something like the vetcareplus urinary tract formula may be worth investigating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 04, 2013 3:55 pm

One of our buns back in 2010 lost a lot of weight very quickly and stopped eating and we rushed her to the vets and they did tests and she had kidney trouble but she had also gone into renal failure and we lost her we didn't even get chance to try her on Fortekor as it was to late for her.

This is Holly https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t14166-our-bridge-bunny-holly?highlight=holly

Helen and Baby Saint both have e.cuniculi and have been on a course of Panacur. We found out when Helen had the ulcer on her eye as this can be one of the symptoms of e.c

Topping up the vibes for Flopsy xxxx Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Sat May 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:One of our buns back in 2010 lost a lot of weight very quickly and stopped eating and we rushed her to the vets and they did tests and she had kidney trouble but she had also gone into renal failure and we lost her we didn't even get chance to try her on Fortekor as it was to late for her.

This is Holly https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t14166-our-bridge-bunny-holly?highlight=holly

Helen and Baby Saint both have e.cuniculi and have been on a course of Panacur. We found out when Helen had the ulcer on her eye as this can be one of the symptoms of e.c

Oh Maysie I am so sorry you lost Holly to renal failure Crying or Very sad She was gorgeous, Just had a look at the photo's of her on that thread. Love

I have never experienced E.cuniculi before, Just read up on it a bit more and have a bit of a better understanding now. I suppose if he comes back positive he will need a 28 day course of panacur? What about Lily (his hunbun) and Pickle and Pixie? I am so worried now that they are all going to be affected. Crying or Very sad

In a way Its probably better my precious Bella is not here as if she contracted E.C she would of not left peacefully like she did. I Just hope Flopsy has longer with us than Bella did. She was only on fortekor 5 months with her heart disease and she passed Crying or Very sad

I suppose he wont be allowed his metacam any more as I heard it does not do any good when rabbits have kidney/renal failure?

I am just emailing John now to see if he could explain to me things in detail x
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 04, 2013 4:10 pm

BellaPickleFlopsyLily wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:One of our buns back in 2010 lost a lot of weight very quickly and stopped eating and we rushed her to the vets and they did tests and she had kidney trouble but she had also gone into renal failure and we lost her we didn't even get chance to try her on Fortekor as it was to late for her.

Oh Maysie I am so sorry you lost Holly to renal failure Crying or Very sad She was gorgeous, Just had a look at the photo's of her on that thread. Love

I have never experienced E.cuniculi before, Just read up on it a bit more and have a bit of a better understanding now. I suppose if he comes back positive he will need a 28 day course of panacur? What about Lily (his hunbun) and Pickle and Pixie? I am so worried now that they are all going to be affected. Crying or Very sad

In a way Its probably better my precious Bella is not here as if she contracted E.C she would of not left peacefully like she did. I Just hope Flopsy has longer with us than Bella did. She was only on fortekor 5 months with her heart disease and she passed Crying or Very sad

I suppose he wont be allowed his metacam any more as I heard it does not do any good when rabbits have kidney/renal failure?

I am just emailing John now to see if he could explain to me things in detail x

Yes Holly was beautiful and we had planned to bond her with Pud as they would have made an excellent pair both being butterfly lops.

If I were you but have a word with John first I would give Lily certainly a 28 day course of panacur and if Pixie and Pickle are in contact with the other two at all them as well but see what John say's.

Don't worry Jack about e.c it's not the end of the world it can be managed Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 4:12 pm

E.C is very difficult to manage once the symptoms are showing but if there are no symptoms it should be easily treated.

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Sat May 04, 2013 4:15 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:E.C is very difficult to manage once the symptoms are showing but if there are no symptoms it should be easily treated.

Oh dear Sad His symptoms at the moment are dramatic weight loss, weeing outside of litter trays (only started a few weeks back) which I presume is connected to his kidneys. I don't think there are any other symptoms at the moment. Maybe thirst too.
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 04, 2013 4:16 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:E.C is very difficult to manage once the symptoms are showing but if there are no symptoms it should be easily treated.

I did actually mean as Flopsy is now , although I have seen e.c buns with advanced symptoms that have done really well on panacur in the past.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 4:17 pm

Those are kidney symptoms thought, not e.c. ones. E.C. symptoms tend to be head tilt, issues with hind legs, head scanning, fits. It doesn;t sound like he has those at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Sat May 04, 2013 4:18 pm

I am just typing up an email, I would appreciate if somebody could check it first Wave

I will Pm you if you are able to check it for me Smile thank you Hugs
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:

I did actually mean as Flopsy is now , although I have seen e.c buns with advanced symptoms that have done really well on panacur in the past.

I realised that Maysie, I just felt that Jack had probably read some horror stories about E.C. and needed some reassurance as Flopsy does not appear to have e.c. symptoms. I think we were both coming from the same direction really. Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat May 04, 2013 4:22 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

I realised that Maysie, I just felt that Jack had probably read some horror stories about E.C. and needed some reassurance as Flopsy does not appear to have e.c. symptoms. I think we were both coming from the same direction really. Thumbs Up

Yes we are on the same page Cheryl Thumbs Up Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next