Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good mat or something for carrier floor?

4 posters

Go down

A good mat or something for carrier floor? Empty A good mat or something for carrier floor?

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi

I took Dougal the vets today and was very careful his carrier was level and held it and put seatbelt in it, because he kept chewing the towel and when I put it in I had to leave it out so he had nothing on his floor which he likes to lie in it i the bedroom to cool down with nothing on it and it was warn today anyway I did not have anything else I could use so did without. He was fine and did not slide as I was very careful but he did get pee all over his hind legs which I hate myself for and he was not happy about Sad . Is there something else I could use, I was gonna put his grass mat in but needed to get going so we would not be late. I would try vetbed but I think he would just chew it and eat it tbh. Any suggestions.?
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

A good mat or something for carrier floor? Empty Re: A good mat or something for carrier floor?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:36 pm

He will probably chew everything. Vet bed is a good choice as it keeps urine away from the bun. Fleece blankets are also good. I use a cotton quilt that I made for the purpose. But Bruce and Flo chew it and dig it. That is somehting you need to resign yourself to with buns. Laughing

Back to top Go down

A good mat or something for carrier floor? Empty Re: A good mat or something for carrier floor?

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Okay thanks, I might try vetbed then, Laughing yep.

Where is the best place to get vetbed?
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:34 pm

I got Molly and Junior's vet bed from eBay. An eBay shop, not second hand.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:43 pm

Vet bed is brilliant stuff Thumbs Up

If you can't get any in time for his neuter, pop his towel in for him anyway. It's not the end of the world if he chews it, and buns like to have something to beat up on the way home Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Laughing no probs, I don't mind him chewing stuff as long as he does not eat it too much and get ill. He has a tent he loves to pund, he jumps in it flips it over a few times whilst in it and then chews it ROFL so funny to watch. He always bullies it. He also chews the ties on his tubes that you can attach to the tent, he flosses on them Laughing

I have no probs if he wants to punish vetbed, I just was not sure if it wa safe is all, thanks everyone and ye do not worry my bun wont get used stuff only the top psh brand new for Dougal. Very Happy
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:13 pm

It is well known in the rabbit world that all blankies and soft beds are incredibly norty and need a good duffing just to keep them in line! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Laughing indeed, they have to have something to bully, it is so much fun, he made me laugh many times today as usual but when he could not have his own way trying to chew the wallpaper as it was 1 of the days he wanted to play mischievous boy he ran to another bit which he does then cos I would not let him he kicked his back legs and then dived into his carrier and flopped down Laughing .

I better go keep the husband company now or he will be getting jekous that Dougal gets all my time Laughing , getting him into game of thrones atm. I love that series , he is watching the blu ray with me of season 1.

Will post some pics tomorrow.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:31 pm

Oooo I love game of thrones!!!!

Mine have a soft fleece in their carriers - they chew it and love to beat it up!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Just ordered vet bed now, non slip 1 with paws on it :Dhope it is the genuine stuff, it says so but ya never know with good old ebay Laughing.

I love Game of thrones too, Tyrian is my favourite, he is so damn funny.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down