Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know you all know this but just in case....

+5
Amelia66
c.bolduan
Velvet.Tears
iiisecondcreep
Tuckerbunnies
9 posters

Go down

I know you all know this but just in case.... Empty I know you all know this but just in case....

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:15 pm

I know you all know this but just in case.... DONOTBATHEYOURRABBIT

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

I know you all know this but just in case.... Empty Re: I know you all know this but just in case....

Post by iiisecondcreep Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:26 pm

I have seen this posted on FB quite a few times by various rescues etc and the amount of people who just say 'oh I've been bathing mine for years and they're fine' Mad 
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

I know you all know this but just in case.... Empty Re: I know you all know this but just in case....

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:19 pm

iiisecondcreep wrote:I have seen this posted on FB quite a few times by various rescues etc and the amount of people who just say 'oh I've been bathing mine for years and they're fine' Mad 

I know I get people boarding their buns and saying they have bathed the rabbit before they have brought it Shocked and I tell them to please not ever do it again. I am going to put this poster up on my welfare wall .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:26 pm

I was not pleased with yesterdays DR rabbit. Should know better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:40 pm

To be fair I used to bath only on occasion Paris and Holly now they loved having a little shower and getting dried with the hair dryer had it on low but they loved it they were always a bit strange
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:42 am

Mhmm, bathing bunnies? In emergencies-yes
Here is a true funny story.
Howard and me were to celebrate our anniversary. Got a bottle of champagner from posh shop.
Bert was on free run and in the kitchen most likely trying to get some treats.
I opened the bottle and it literally exploded, unfortunately giving my sweetheart a shower as on a formula 1 celebration
Poor soul soaked in champagne and frightened to death by the bang produced starter to groom and leak off as much of booze as possible.
That was the only time for a bath otherwise alcohol intoxication would have been the result with a massive hangover
Needless to say there was only 1/3 of content left:Sad(

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:16 pm

Have never ever had to bath a bunny so i don't see why anyone would? we shot a scene in my bfs kitchen where someone had to get shot, so we used a blood packet that exploded for the blood under the shirt. Well forgot to move the rabbit before doing it, got the shot and ended up with a pink rabbit :lol:we just let it grow out, didn't do him any harm
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:39 pm

ordinarily I would never bathe a rabbit but unfortunately bluebell has a dirty bottom and I bath just that and completely dry her but must say am finaly making headway as she gets only a very few around twenty nuggets then the rest is hay she hates the diet but its a nescesity her dirty bottom is far less as bad but i feel it could be partly because of her ill treatment before I got her as well

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:23 am

I think the poster refers to people immersing bunnies in a washing up bowl of water or even in the bath. I have seen a bunny I think on You Tube in the bath.

You have to wash or bathe their bottoms when they are dirty else they would get fly strike so that is a must but I would never bathe a rabbit as such, I never washed down horses when I worked with them as it washes all the oils out of their coat that protects them and the same goes for rabbits.

Here is an example below this makes me so angry, and deeply upset as everything about it is wrong, and it's certainly not funny! No 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:19 am

Mad  Do I feel a posting marathon coming on?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:32 am

Found now when I water the grass in the runs all mine will run out to be mist sprayed not for long just a few seconds and Daisy will stand queeking at me till I have spayed him
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Oh bless, it must be refreshing for the little love.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:20 pm

that video made me so upset for the poor bunny No

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down