Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combi vaccination and now there's something wrong with Molly

+5
gentl
Sparky
jolovesbunnies
paullp
Thumper2001
9 posters

Go down

Combi vaccination and now there's something wrong with Molly Empty Combi vaccination and now there's something wrong with Molly

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:28 pm

Molly and Junior had their second combi vaccination tonight and Molly hasn't been right.

She wouldn't eat her tea and she was just lazing about with one of her ears at a 90° angle. She did come to life a bit after I gave her some pineapple juice, she ate some readigrass.

I've just put them to bed and checked her bum and I swear her bits look swollen pale Not ridiculously so but still swollen. Has anyone heard if this is a common side effect? I'm away to google anyway!

I noticed no side effects last year.

This is just typical, my brother is getting married tomorrow and I'm out of here at the crack of dawn Crying or Very sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Combi vaccination and now there's something wrong with Molly Empty Re: Combi vaccination and now there's something wrong with Molly

Post by paullp Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:36 pm

could it be the stress of the vet trip? Myrtle has been off food and a bit lethargic after vet trips before but it doesn't last long. Sending lots of vibes for them both for a speedy recovery.
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Combi vaccination and now there's something wrong with Molly Empty Re: Combi vaccination and now there's something wrong with Molly

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:42 pm

I guess it could explain her being lethargic and not eating but not sure about it having anything to do with her bits being a bit swollen Sad

She's just bounced around the pen for her bed time crunchie so she's def perkier than she was.

Thanks for your thoughts and vibes Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Lots of love on its way hun, I am so glad she is feeling better.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:08 pm

We've had a couple of buns be a bit 'off' for a day or two after their vaccines. I must admit we've never thought to look at their bits. Because the vaccine involves basically giving them a tiny dose of Myxi, it would not surprise me if a Myxi-like symptoms can be a side-effect. I have certainly heard of buns getting slight swellings round their eyes, which is another one. It's not common but not uncommon, if that makes sense (i.e. it is being reported by people who a) have their buns vaccinated, and b) notice the slightest thing different about them afterwards).

I would inform the vet so he can report it to the vaccine manufacturers, but not be overly worried about Molly. Hopefully she'll be back to the norty bouncy bun we all know and love in a day or two Thumbs Up 

Just-in-case vibes coming her way Hugs Hugs Hugs 

And I hope your brother's wedding is a wonderful day and he and his bride have a happy-ever-after Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:44 pm

I hope Missy Molly Love  gets back to her feisty self fast! Sending lots of vibes her way.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:28 pm

I've not heard of this before hunni - but sounds reasonable . I don't think you should be massively worried Hun as I expect it will pass. Let us know hunni. Hope all goes beautifully for your brother tomorrow :-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:35 pm

I expect its the stress of the vet trip, and thats what made you look into it more - would you have noticed that she was a bit swollen if you hadn't off noticed her being off in the first place - sometimes I think once an alarm goes off we see additional things that if the first thing hadnt alerted us to we never would have seen - if thats making any sense! Let us know how she is x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:49 am

I have no idea, but sending lots of vibes.

I wonder if its possible for buns to get mild symptoms after a vaccine, like us humans sometimes do after a jab?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:16 pm

How is she?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Sorry for being slow to update :oops:Molly moo is fine, thank you. After an uneasy sleep on Thursday night I got up yesterday and she was right as rain Very Happy

Thank you for all your posts, although I didn't get round to replying I was reading them when I could. I do think I would have noticed the swelling anyway because I do do daily bum checks all year round... All but one of my carpets is cream so there's extra motivation to make sure that it is done Laughing BUT one thing that did occur to me when I woke in the middle of the night was she got very angry in the carrier after her vaccination and nail trim. She was angrily digging at and humping the fleecy blanket under her the whole time Junior was having his turn with the vet.

Perhaps she'd *just* irritated her bits with the blanket, perhaps it was the vaccination... Who knows, but she's back to her cheeky self now Very Happy

Thank you for the wedding wishes for my brother and SIL too Smile It was a lovely but exhausting day. I'm still a bit floored Embarassed Sleep

Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:59 am

I'm glad Molly is back to herself and that your brother's wedding went so well. I'm sending vibes for you to recover Laughing Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Lots of huggy vibes from here too love, I am glad she is all right.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Thumbs Up  great news!
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down