Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ...

+12
jolovesbunnies
FluffSlave
Thumper2001
paullp
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
c.bolduan
BugsBunny
Sixer
gentl
Amelia66
Sparky
16 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Rosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ...

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:45 pm

thinking of you both? How is Dougal today?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Rosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Rosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ...

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Fingers tightly crossed here!

Will check back later.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Fingers and paws crossed here for Roogal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:36 pm

How is everyone? Buns and hoomins?

Sending vibes Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Top up vibes are on their way love, please keep us informed.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Rosie has some sort of internal abscess in her groin area. She'll be on abx (Baytril pale) and metacam for 10 days. The vet is a bit baffled as, although the area apparently looks a bit bruised, the skin is not broken so there's really no sign how an infection has got in there. Humum is picking her up shortly so should be able to have a better conversation with the vet.

She's going to ask for abx for Dougal too. He seemed clearer this morning but has got really snotty again this evening.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:54 pm

Sad  I am so sorry to hear this, I really hope they are both well soon, poor buns, give them a head rub for me, I do not think Dougal would appreciate a nose rub when he is snotty.

Hugs Hugs Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Love to Roo. Hugs for Humum! vibes for FAST healing!!!!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:06 pm

Oh poor Rosie. Loads of vibes that the baytril sorts the abscess out. More vibes for Dougal too xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:20 pm

More vibes for all. Hope they get better soon.
Those monsters are not doing a good job then No No 
Leave off the nose rubs at present but cuddles instead. Plenty, plenty, plenty....................

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:02 pm

Oh no! Poor Rosie Sad

I'm sending vibes for her and Dougal, and hugs for humum Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:20 am

How are they today hun?
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Rosie: seems a lot more mobile. Takes Baytril with very little fuss  Shocked (the towel got a duffing up but that was general displeasure at being disturbed in the middle of an explore  Laughing). Humum mentioned surgical removal to the vet, as she knows what a nightmare abscesses* are to get rid of in rabbits, and the vet said it was such a big mass she would want it to get a lot smaller first, so they will re-assess at her next appointment on the 20th.

Dougal: Seems to be slowly improving with the nebuliser, but now has a course of Alamycin to help him along a bit. He's had the first injection tonight, then another six to go three days apart.

Graham: Had a slight head-tilt last night and did not want her tea. Humum spoke to the vet who okayed a dose of metaclopramide and she ate after that and ate her breakfast. She's been to the vet tonight and has a slight ear infection one side (she is a pasteurella bun too) so is on a course of Septrin and also a just-in-case course of Panacur.

The kitchen: is full of bottles of medicine, syringes, nebulising kit, sterilising kit and carriers Laughing 

*and to spell  Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:42 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Graham is poorly now too - Humum must be nearing the end of her tether.  

It does seem all under control though and everybun has an action plan with must be a help.  

How are you getting on Sparky?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajones3169 Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:43 am

Hi my bunny had sprained her ankle on her left foot and she was hold in it up as we'll ;( not good but she doing lot better now hugs nose rubs for her from me gizmo mo hope all goes good at vets for her WinkRosie, Dougal, Graham, Ronnie and Sparky :( ... - Page 2 16dea0bd3610e6ef05b239311d065b2b_zpsfacb6f39 Hugs Love Love
Ajones3169
Ajones3169
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2014-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Oh I didn't know about Rosie hope she is ok , we have had our fair share of abscesses to deal with over the years but Jeff's was one of the worse and we used Manuka honey and Hypocare on it and you can't even see now where it was.

Your kitchen sounds like our's for bottles and stuff  Laughing 

Sending mega 'GET WELL' Vibes for Rosie , Dougal and Graham xxxxxx

and some of these for your Humum Sparky  Hugs  Hugs  Hugs  Hugs  Hugs 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 pm

I am sorry to hear that Graham is under the weather too.

I think my Rosie has come out in sympathy with your Rosie - she wasn't for putting one of her front paws down yesterday teatime. There was nothing obviously amiss when I checked it so she just had a dose of metacam. This morning she is using it so I am hoping it is nothing more than a slight sprain. I did intend to give her some more metacam but her highly tuned 'bunny catch and pick up radar' put paid to that.

Loads of vibes are coming your way xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:37 pm

I am glad they are doing better and sorry Graham is not well too, it always happens all at once doesn't it.

I hope they are all well soon and I can imagine all the meds all over the kitchen.

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm

I am so pleased that they are getting back to their old selves hunni. Lots of heal fast vibes are on their way.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Thanks all  Smile 

Katie - you will be pleased to hear that I am doing just fine  Very Happy 

Maysie - this is an internal abscess, which is even more worrying because it's even harder to monitor and treat  Sad She'll have the ten days on the abx to try to shrink it then they will consider surgery to see inside and perhaps try to get it out.

Sixer - vibes for your Rosie, I hope she is ok. Or having you on  Wink 

Rosie is doing better each day. The meds must be helping as she is more mobile and seems quite comfortable. Humum just fears never getting completely rid of the poxy thing, or if they open her up and find others  pale 

Dougal is stable and we're hoping to see fairly quick improvement now he is on the abx.

Graham is the worry - she is incredibly quiet and won't eat when Humum is watching, so Humum ends up peering round the edge of the shed to make sure she has joined the others at mealtimes. We're not sure she is eating a lot though. But if we take her out of the group she gets so stressed she won't eat then anyway. Humum is hoping another couple of days on the abx will help her to feel better. If she's not seen a big improvement by then she thinks she'll be going back to see Claire sooner than expected. Because Humum suspects that Graham has had a pasteurella for quite some time, although seeming dormant, she is also concerned about what might be going on internally in the way of lesions etc. Molly's post-mortem showed that we never had a hope of saving her and Humum is starting to wonder if it might be the case with Graham too.

It's a very , very worrying time for the Warren. We lost Taffy in March 2013 and Mrs D in March 2012 and Humum would quite like to break the cycle. Although she would not settle for losing somebun in April either...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm sorry you've got so much bunny worry and illnesses at the moment! Sad

I'm glad to hear Sparky is doing well though Very Happy

Sending vibes for all of the Wood Warren Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:01 pm

Top up vibes for all bunnies and a nose rub plus crunchies for Sparky.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 pm

I am really sorry to hear that wood bunnies are still having such a bad time and you hun. I feel so bad for them and you and I do hope everything works out, and that they all come thorugh it, espciallly Graham who sounds like she is the wrose of the 3 atm. I am sending mega vibes their's and you way hun. I am sad to know that those swee tbuns are suffering atm.

If you need my help with anything there let me know, you knnow my number and where I am hun.

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:21 pm

How is everybun today?

Your humum's nerves must be shot to pieces, Sparky! Be nice to her!

Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:57 pm

I really hope that there has been more improvement in the bunnies today especially Graham who sounds as though she is difficult to treat. I can totally empathise with trying to watch her eat and judge how much she is havinh. Spring can be a so and so at times for not eating when I am watching. I end up sneaking around (as if she can't hear me coming) and peering through her window trying to catch her at the food bowl.

Loads of vibes coming your way xx

Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next