Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :(

+10
fluffiebunnie
racheld69
Tracyuk
Sixer
Happy Hoppers
buddabun
Laura
SarahP
rallybunny
Pringle
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :( Empty Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :(

Post by Pringle Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:47 pm

I am so upset and just stressed/drained etc!! over past 4ish weeks Pringle has had a large blockage of poo. It feels like BIG balls in his tummy, he had been back and forward to vet nearly everyday/second day getting gut injections, fluid, x-ray etc. Their was no blockage on the x-ray and after a week and a bit it cleared up and his tummy was fine. Then he got it a few days later again, Both times he got it he got mite injection so i thought maybe it was that but now its been a couple of weeks since his mite injection and it seems to have been worse last night and today, he went to vet again today and she gave antibiotics home which is to kill any bacteria he may have inside his tummy. He is always doing round poo's but the blockage is still their, hes not poo'd as much today but about ten mins ago he done a few large poo's.

I just do not know what is causing it and i am so worried. He has acted normal up until today and he seems a lot quieter and its just not him. I am just fearing the worst... what if it just doesnt go away Sad.The vet said if it continues much longer then they may have to go inside and see whats happening, hes not really eaten today which is not like him, he has eaten fine all through this apart from today. He is on 0.5ml of gut stimulate three times a day and 0.5ml of this other gut stuff twice a day...He also has the recovery powder to get once a day.

What is going on with him😢Crying or Very sad
Has anyone experienced anything like this before as i have never heard of it. Vet is not sure either!!

Im soooooo worried, feel so sad Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sad

Like i say, i dont want the "worst" to happen Sad..

xx

Last edited by Pringle on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :( Empty Re: Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :(

Post by rallybunny Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:04 pm

I don't know. Evo has had some tummy problems recently, but it doesn't sound as bad as Pringle's. Sending him some vibes.

What meds has he had? What have the xrays shown? Has he had any other tests?
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :( Empty Re: Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :(

Post by Pringle Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:06 pm

He is on 0.5ml of metoclopromide 3 times a day. Ranitidine (sp?) 0.5ml twice a day and 0.5ml of baytril twice a day (which started today). His x-rays showed no blockage and he has had no other tests. Vet hasnt reccomended any, not sure what he could have? xx

So sorry Evo hasnt been too well xxx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahP Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:15 pm

What about his teeth? I assume they've been checked. Personally I'd test for E Cuniculi too.

Really hope you get to the bottom of it - I know how stressed you must be. Sad
SarahP
SarahP
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:24 pm

poo blockage go away vibes xx
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:44 am

Ditto the above. I have nothing useful to add except I really hope he poos soon!
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:04 am

When you say a 'blockage' do you mean in his small intestines-ie hard currant poos- or in his caecum (bowel)-ie- a build-up of caecotrophs?

If the latter then this can be due to insufficient long fibre in the diet. It can also be the result of a condition called Dysautonomia which effects the nerve supply to the caecum. It is not possible to get a definitive diagnosis of Dysautonomia in a Bun still with us.

Metaclopromide can cause gripey tummy pains so that might be why Pringle is much quieter within himself now.

What is his fluid intake like? Subcutaneous or IV fluid therapy can be a helpful addition to the treatment of severe gut problems.

Has he had a blood test to check on his Kidney and Liver function?

Has he been treated with Fenbendazole (Panacur/Lapizole) ? Some Vets believe that EC can also effect the gut.

I hope he starts to feel better soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 am

Dysautonomia is grass sickness isn't it?

Is Pringles abdomen extended or gassy as well? I notice you havn't stated that he is receiving painrelief on his medical data.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am

Sooz wrote:Dysautonomia is grass sickness isn't it?

Similar to Equine Grass Sickness, yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks everyone, Pringle is in the vet on a drip:( he wasnt looking good this morning. Sy took him as i was at work and they said he wasnt looking very well, they are unsure of what it is and was going to phone around different vets to see if they have suggestions. He does have bad teeth problems but this has been happening for about 4weeks now and he has just got his teeth done so shouldnt have anything to do with them.

I have panacur in the house to treat them all but i havent given it to Pringle yet as i didnt want to give him that as well as all the other meds he has been on. He has had that before though Sad. Vet has only given him an xray no other tests, they seem confused what it is, i may ask them to check for E.Cuniculi etc. What causes Dysautonomia?. He has not been on painkillers i think thats becuase he has acted completly normal up until yesterday. All of his tummy feels big lumps and clumps Jane so i dont know where it is Sad.

The vet spoke to Sy about puting him to sleep if he didnt improve, Sy said that was my decision not his. I have come home from work. I am so worried, the last thing i want is to have to say bye to him SadSad.. Im so worried SadSadSad

Thanks for all your help.
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:52 pm

And their is no gas in his tummy x
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahP Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:35 pm

So sorry to hear this. Sad I hope he's getting some pain relief at the vets. Assuming he does come home (I do hope so), I would definitely be tempted to try the Panacur.
SarahP
SarahP
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:41 pm

I have panacur in the house ready to treat all the bunnies so he will definaely be getting that. Just waiting on a call back from vet going to ask about blood tests, E.cunuculi etc. Sad xx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:27 pm

Sending loads of vibes. I hope there is some good news for you soon xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:43 pm

Sending lots of vibes for Pringle. XXX

Evo was at the vets for 2 nights last week and he came home. Smile Maybe if Pringle is on a drip, it will hydrate the blockage and help it pass through. He was also given Buscopan, which I believe relaxes the lower gut / helps spasms in the gut (not 100% though), don't know if this would help Pringle? I'm not sure if it can be given alongside Metaclopramide either.
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Well my vet tracey phoned another vet to ask if they had a drug (cant remember the name) but its illegal to get it in the uk you need a licence for it. Luckily when the receptionist was asking the vet a woman in the waiting room over heard and had this drug Lynda from C.A.R.R.O.T rescue Very Happy! went through to pick it up and took it to the vet. I got to see my little man Sad didnt want to leave him Sad.... he had eaten some food, carrot and broccoli as well as some pellets and he had been drinking a little....still no poo though. I spoke to the receptionist for ages she was really nice Smile. Tracey spoke to me about pringle and said his legs were a bit weak and he was dehydrated so they didnt want to do anymore tests until things improved a little. She is keeping him in over night Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad to give him drugs throughout the night to try move things along... I am so sad, as it could be so many things, but what if we cant figure out what it is Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sad.... he has still not poo'd which is a worry, i gave him a tummy rub when i went to see him and the receptionist got some hay out of her car (she has a bunny) and gave him a litter tray to help encourage him to poo.

Their is a vet school in Edinburgh which they phoned to see if they could advise anything, and i told the vet i was willing to get a referel their as they are meant to be quite good so hopefully things improve SadSadSad

Can you all send millions of vibes for my little man... its not time to say goodbye Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sad...

I feel so sorry for him being alone.. and poor Sophie is outside looking lonely....
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Heres my wee angel at the vets Smile.

Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :( DSC04392
Help with LARGE blockage of poo!! U/D 14th no poo :( DSC04393
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:59 am

Am hoping there been some poops overnight.

Sending loads of love and vibes to you all xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:00 pm

Come on Pringle, have a good poo!
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Any news on Pringle today?
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:02 pm

Pringle is now home!! thank goodness! i have missed him so much Sad poor boy has a shaved ear/back legs and front. He is tucking into some hay now, and i am going to reunite him and sophie, going to have to keep a close eye though as i want to monitor pringles poo.

The vet done blood tests which came back ok, not perfect but she feels thats because of him being poorly and not eating. She did mention Dysautonomia which im worried about Sad one of the vets went on a vet forum and they mentioned this and said its more common in white rabbits with spots. (pringle). Im scared its this as thats the nerve supply and say they cant tell for certain and their isnt much they can do for nerves Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad i just hope he continues to poo and eat...

Poor wee boy, please send millions of vibes, i appreciate all your kind words

xxx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:03 pm

And he has a pile of poo at the vet this morning Very Happy and i got him home at approx 5.30pm and he has done a few poos Very Happy xx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Glad he is home and poo'd!!!! Smile
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:28 pm

glad he is home. sending vibes.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Pringle Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Thank you, he has got a pile of poo now since he has come home. Im just worried if he poo's it all out it will come back Sad xx
Pringle
Pringle
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next