Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry looks like a right rat bag...

4 posters

Go down

Henry looks like a right rat bag... Empty Henry looks like a right rat bag...

Post by woodwench Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:45 pm

This moult is nothing like the one in Feb/Mar. He is really going for it this time and there are patches of fur of all lengths all over him and there's wisps floating off in his slip stream as he charges around. I spend ages brushing/plucking him. He looks a right mess, but he's full of energy and eating like a dozen buns ... the hay is disappearing so fast, which makes me very happy. But I can't remember any of my other rabbits ever moulting like this.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Henry looks like a right rat bag... Empty Re: Henry looks like a right rat bag...

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Oh bless him. Holly being a Rex, sheds very little fur but there are the odd strands which are showing up quite regularly.  When I have had longer haired bunnies I found it very therapeutic plucking the lose strands out of their fur, they seemed to like it too.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Henry looks like a right rat bag... Empty Re: Henry looks like a right rat bag...

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:47 pm

I've always found the summer coat moult worse than the winter coat moult!!

My two haven't started yet... Junior has bad moults but Molly's aren't too bad.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:48 pm

Junior looks very like a golden-brown Henry. His coat looks of a similar type as well, dense and fine. The ears are quite similar too.
Yes, plucking is theraputic. Henry quite likes it too, until I inadvertently tug at a rooted bit!No
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Charlie looks like hs is starting as he is all tufty! they have only just finished their last moult!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:25 pm

Ha ha Woodwench love, I have done that a couple of times and she wasn't best pleased LOL!!

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down