Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not sure if I'm worried or not.

+2
Thumper2001
woodwench
6 posters

Go down

I'm not sure if I'm worried or not. Empty I'm not sure if I'm worried or not.

Post by woodwench Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:50 pm

As you all probably know Henry had a horrendous time with his moult this summer but once over the hairy-tummy and fur-stuffed nose (with infection) he really perked up. He was a real live wire but still kept to his routine of sleeping/dozing from about 11am to 4pm with his most active time from 7 or 8 pm through the night till 11am next day.
Well, he's had another mini moult over the last couple of weeks, just losing fur from his underside. He did have a few hairy poos but in general his poo didn't worry me, there was plenty of it and all were good sized. He seems to be over this moult now.
His poos are still okay and his pee is normal; he's not drinking any more or less than normal. He's eating like a horse and is always eager to get stuck into whatever meal is on offer.
But, he's very quiet. Oh, he can dash over for food but the rest of the time he spends dozing. When I go to bed at night he's having his last feed of greens and herbs and when I get up he's waiting for his 4+. But as soon as he's eaten he goes to his current favourite spot behind my armchair and sleeps. He doesn't come and sit beside me during the evening either.
He's just quiet. He looks splendid: beautiful coat, all glossy and soft, eyes clear and breathing free and silent; he moves around freely and there's no stiffness and he grooms himself easily; there's NO sign of anything wrong. Like I said, his appetite is great. Looking at him he's a fine, fit rabbit but why is he so dozy all of a sudden?
Should I be worried?  I'm not joking and expecting anyone to say "Beware, he's plotting something!". I'm serious ....
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

I'm not sure if I'm worried or not. Empty Re: I'm not sure if I'm worried or not.

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:19 pm

It's funny you should say this, because just before I came on HH I was thinking that Molly and Junior have been pretty quiet the last few days.

Could it be a change of season/weather thing perhaps?

Anybody else out there got quiet bunnies just now?

So long as he's eating and pooping well, I wouldn't worry to much. Easy to say, I know...
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

I'm not sure if I'm worried or not. Empty Re: I'm not sure if I'm worried or not.

Post by woodwench Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Henners has been quiet for about a couple of weeks now. I just want him to ERUPT and dash around and investigate everything in his old inimitable style. It's like having a stuffed rabbit .... apart from the feeding etc.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:05 pm

Soundwave had started to get sleepy and quiet before we got Miranda, It was when he started molting. I thought it was just him hitting puberty maybe it the molting???? scratch
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:44 am

Hi, Gemma... Henry had an awful moult during June, July and August and he was extremely poorly as a consequence, but this wasn't anything like that moult. In fact I think this belly shedding was probably the final stage of the big job. No, he's just lethargic. Maybe it's the season, with the nights drawing in and winter approaching he may be conserving his energy/strength for the bad weather; I've noticed outdoor rabbits do this before and I believe Henry was a hutch rabbit before I got him last year.
It could also be his age: he's turned four now and is a medium to large rabbit which means he's into middle age.
On the subject of bunny puberty.... that's usually when all Hell is let loose!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:40 pm

maybe it a bit of both dark nights and middle age,
Is there a rough age when rabbits tend to get slower?

All hell has broke loose lmao
Xx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:15 pm

I have noticed that this is generally a quiet time for bunnies hun so I hope it is thing to worry about.  I know that Holly being a Rex does not have proper moults as such, but I do notice her being lethargic at certain times.  That is a great post Woodwench love, I think you may be right.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:38 pm

The temperature has really dropped in the last week - could he be adjusting to that?

I want to curl up too!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:51 pm

He seems much brighter today .... funny that because today has been the darkest and coldest day yet in my corner of Lincolnshire.
Yes, he was quite active all morning and spent a lot of time hauling his tunnels around the sitting room. He has three of those nylon tunnels that you can join end to end or in mid section and he was close to becoming a bl**dy nuisance with them this morning. I think if he had carried on like that a couple of weeks ago I would have been doing time now for murdering a rabbit! But today I was just so glad he was feeling so lively and he did a few binkies that had me whooping aloud.
He also had a big parcel of goodies arrive this afternoon and was keen on inspecting all the packages of plantain, nettle & dandelion root, apple chips etc.
Why is it his parcels are always bigger than mine?
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:05 pm

I a so glad he is brighter love, perhaps he was just having a couple of off days.  Like the bit about the parcel, I know what you mean LOL!!

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:01 pm

That's good he feeling better Very Happy

I wish I got parcels filled with food and treats mines tend to be envelopes full of bills Hissy
What a life to be a spoiled bunny Laughing Laughing Laughing
Xx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:54 pm

He's my Henners again .... little sod!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Ha ha Gemma love, I would like mine filled with money and chocolate LOL!

I am so glad he is back to normal sweetie. Thumbs Up

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:32 am

Sorry Dee I completely missed,this post. Gosh that bunny boy keeps you on your toes.
Glad he is brighter and of course a personal delivery of treats may have helped along a little.
Bless his not so cotton socks.Laughing

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Aye ... bless is woolly scut! Laughing
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down