Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :(

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :( Empty Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :(

Post by iiisecondcreep Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:24 pm

So MJs eye has been really sore for the last week, normally it clears up after a few days of Isathal get but unfortunately not this time. I brought him to our vet this afternoon, the result was my vet getting calling the D!ck vet for an urgent appointment with the Ophthalmic vet. They initially said no - emergencies only but we got a call at 8pm confirming they'd managed to get the app.

So it was a different vet that called at 8, we had the option of bringing him in tonight but as he's eating normally and the ophthalmic vet won't be in until tomorrow morning my vet thought its probably best to keep him at home overnight as theres a good chance he will need surgery. We've upped his dose of Loxicom, hes also got tramadol and hes got special eye drops that he's to get every 2 hrs through the night. She also warned me that there is a possibility that his eye might rupture.

So I'm dropping him off at 8am tomorrow, unfortunately due to covid restrictions Philip can't go with him Sad
So everything crossed for MJ tomorrow xx
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :( Empty Re: Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :(

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:04 pm

Aw no! Poor MJ!

I hope they can sort him out. Do keep us posted please.

How rubbish they won’t let Philip go in with him. I can see the logic behind the vast majority of the restrictions but I’m not convinced by this one! They’re coming from the same home for goodness sake!

When Junior was PTS they let me and Molly in to see him afterwards.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :( Empty Re: Emergency app with ophthalmic vet for MJ in the morning :(

Post by iiisecondcreep Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:13 pm

Not the news I was hoping for, his eye is already perforated so can’t be saved and the pressure in his other eye is extremely high, both will be very painful. The vet asked first if we really want to put him through surgery at his age with his other conditions. And it’s a risky surgery. The other option being PTS. They dono if they can treat the other eye either. Absolutely I want to give him every possible chance so he’s high on the list for surgery ASAP but they are v busy with emergencies so could be a few days.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:29 pm

The pressure in his left eye has gone down slightly but its still way too high. He had blood tests on Friday to check everything is ok for anaesthetic, the initial results looked normal which is good. He's being kept in over the weekend for lots of drugs, extra feeding to try and get his weight up a bit and fluids. All going well he will have surgery on Monday, they will prioritise the right eye and then as long as he's still stable they'll remove the other eye.

In other news we're starting Philip on a course of Panacur in case the falling over is caused by EC. We know MJ has it so its likely Philip has too, so hopefully it'll help.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Don't know how I missed this, I check in most days, know I've not been in a good place this week ... but still.
Dear MJ. Hope things pick up and go well for him. Eye pain is awful, I know, I have AACG.
How is Philip doing?
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Philip is ok apart from his wobbles. Missing MJ. Not coming in to the living room anywhere near as much as usual. Had his first panacur tonight, he did not like it. He's on loxicom long term and he takes that no problem it must taste a lot better.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

woodwench likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:32 pm

So sad they can't be together.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:12 am

Oh goodness! Poor boys. I hope they can get MJ all fixed up and that the panacur helps Philip.

Keeping everything crossed for them x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:37 am

Vet school called just after 10, thats MJ in for his surgery now. They did get the pressure in his left eye down to 37 however as he is blind in that eye and 37 is still uncomfortably high the plan is still to remove that eye also.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:03 am

Wishing him (and Philip) all the best luck possible. Do hope it all goes well.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:29 pm

Vet school just called, surgery didn't go ahead because ventilation systems in operating theatres are down. Could now be this afternoon or tomorrow.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:27 pm

Aaw, that's awful.... all the waiting and worrying and now more of it. Still hoping for the best.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:51 pm

He's top of the list for tomorrow so should be going in about 10am
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:03 am

Missed the vets call this morning cuz I never heard my phone ring but they've emailed to say he's first on the list and they'll call when they are out of theatre
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:23 am

MJ crashed when they put him under anaesthetic they are doing CPR
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:03 am

Oh blimely that's the last call any of us want from a vet. Fingers crossed....
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:05 am

He didn't make it
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:19 pm

So, so sorry. He was a brave lad and very handsome. You will always remember his bravery. My thoughts are with you and dear Philip.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:10 pm

Oh I am so so sorry for your loss Crying or Very sad

Binky free wee man ❤❤❤
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:12 pm

Oh god. I am so, so sorry to hear this Crying or Very sad My heart was in my throat reading the thread.

I’m so sorry. Everything you did for MJ was in his best interests. You never once gave up on him. Don’t ever forget that.

He was so lucky to have you.

Sleep well beautiful MJ x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:37 pm

We brought MJ home yesterday for Philip to see, then took him to the crematorium.

One week ago today was MJs 8th gotcha day. I wish Philip could have been with him at the vet school, I wish he hadn't had to be alone.

Philip is sad, hes not really eating his hay and he doesn't have much interest in us, normally he follows us around like a dog. He's not left the kitchen today.
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:59 pm

I’m so sorry you are all going through this Crying or Very sad I wish I could take all your pain away.

With Molly, she was subdued and hid under the kitchen table. Then one day I went out the back door and when I looked in, I couldn’t see her. Popped my head in and asked the OH where she’d gone and she had wandered through the living room and shot up the stairs. I still don’t know why she did it then. I do think they’re smarter than we sometimes realise and it was almost as if she had to face the place where they used to live together.
She’s not the same bunny she was but I think her age has a lot to do with that. Some days she looks sad and others she’s as bright as a button.
I feel like I’m rambling.
I hope Philip comes round in time.

Sending hugs to you all Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:52 pm

iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:40 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Hugs Hugs Hugs
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:00 am

How are you? And Philip of course?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next