Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How often do you give your buns veg!?

+27
DixieLuBun
Becki
karen354
Lola_Lotta
Indiechic
SarahJane
cyberdog
NickieM
Sixer
buddabun
Becca6
Jay
biscuitblossom
nethie
Big Ears
Lionel&Lolly
Rice
foxyfaerie
Laura
March Hare
*Spider*
Happy Hoppers
KathyT
Babybunnies4
fluffiebunnie
racheld69
Catsknickers
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How often do you feed your buns veg?

How often do you give your buns veg!? Vote_lcap89%How often do you give your buns veg!? Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 40 ]
How often do you give your buns veg!? Vote_lcap0%How often do you give your buns veg!? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How often do you give your buns veg!? Vote_lcap9%How often do you give your buns veg!? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
How often do you give your buns veg!? Vote_lcap0%How often do you give your buns veg!? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
How often do you give your buns veg!? Vote_lcap2%How often do you give your buns veg!? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 45

How often do you give your buns veg!? Empty How often do you give your buns veg!?

Post by Catsknickers Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:16 am

Is it just me that fusses like a hen over this. I am often known to disappear off at all hours to Tesco if I don't think I have enough in.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

How often do you give your buns veg!? Empty Re: How often do you give your buns veg!?

Post by racheld69 Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:27 am

me too! i think i am the main buyer of spring greens in dorset!
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

How often do you give your buns veg!? Empty Re: How often do you give your buns veg!?

Post by fluffiebunnie Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:30 am

And I am the main buyer in Kent for Spring Greens Laughing ... my buns get veg every day - usually three different varieties.
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:38 am

Mine get veg every day, I would be in such trouble if I didn't appear with it each evening!!!! Laughing
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:39 am

Me too - I have a deal with my father-in-law's farm shop that any unsold cabbage, broccolli, carrots, caulifower and spring greens come straight back to me at the end of the day!

Truffles had never had veg before he came to the rescue centre and he can be a bit fussy.
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Mine have veggies everyday without fail, now the carvery is back on at work it's about to get cheaper to provide it too!
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by *Spider* Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:38 pm

Mine get spare veggies in the fridge every day
*Spider*
*Spider*
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1004
Registration date : 2008-07-04

http://www.myspace.com/hettyrulesuk

Back to top Go down

Post by March Hare Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:35 pm

My buns and my piggies get an assortment of fresh veg every day without fail. I wouldn't be able to go to sleep at night if they didn't get them!!! Embarassed
March Hare
March Hare
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 pm

I start panicknig when I'm low on coriander!!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by foxyfaerie Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:11 pm

My three are on a hay & veg diet, they only get pellets in a treat ball or hand fed.

foxyfaerie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:23 pm

Depends on what I've got growing in the garden! If it's winter and I have to buy the veg, they don't get it quite as often Laughing
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionel&Lolly Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Mine all get it everyday i get all my veg late eve in the supermarket when its reduced got big bag of greens the other day for 10p! Mine would not be impressed if they didn't get veg

Lionel&Lolly
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:23 pm

My bunnies EXPECT spring greens first thing in the morning so I know I'm in big trouble if I haven't got any in. If I have to nip out to get some and Artie hasn't had his breakfast he looks panic stricken - dances about to get my attention Laughing. They get either spring greens or curly kale or grass and dandilions twice a day.

I've just seen a notice under the curly kale at Tescos saying 'discontinued', I don't know if it's just my branch but I don't get spring greens if there's not many outer leaves so I NEED curly kale as a back up!!

Last edited by Big Ears on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by March Hare Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:32 pm

They better NOT!!!!! Shocked Curly kale in an essential to my shopping on a daily basis!!!!!
March Hare
March Hare
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by nethie Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:44 pm

mine have their veg everyday at 8pm they go mad they are like clockwork as soon as its 8pm they are waiting for it Laughing

nethie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2334
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:54 am

Mine all expect it everyday! I am lucky as Damien's mum has a huge veg pathc and now my mum has an allottment. I am o0ften found lurking at the reduced section in Tesco late at night as it is right near my house!

If mine didn't get veggies everyday I don't think I would get spoken too. Spring greens are the staple, and then I supplement with other bits and pieces. Because Jack has no incisors I have to have something that I can chop small for her, so green beans, or carrots. Then whatever is going cheap!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by biscuitblossom Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:39 am

Every day....its on my shopping list for this morning and they usually eat up all the things I'm not keen on in my organic veg box...kale and radishes for instance.

biscuitblossom
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:53 am

Laura wrote:I start panicknig when I'm low on coriander!!
You panick.....I get attacked Shocked Laughing
Berts has veg twice a day, small amounts. In the morning it's a Spring green leaf, mint, teeny bit of Broc and Kale, evening, spring green leaf, mint, corriander and a teeny bit of parsley. On a Friday night he gets a carrot, then he knows it's the week-end and sleeps in on Saturday....yeah, in my dreams Laughing
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca6 Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:43 am

Jay wrote:On a Friday night he gets a carrot, then he knows it's the week-end and sleeps in on Saturday....yeah, in my dreams Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mine get veg every day - sometimes if I'm tired I think I can't do it, but then I think how upset they'd be without it. The odd occasion I've not given them veg, if I've been ill or out late, they spend ages looking for their veg bowls and make me feel very guilty, so now, even if I'm exhausted I make myself.
Becca6
Becca6
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 738

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:01 pm

Yup, every day for me too. Seeing as we ran out of SS it's kinda all they get Embarassed (apart from hay and grass of course). I tell you there's some right weird 'greens' over here! They all have Malay names on the labels so I never really know what they are but the bunnies luuuuurve them!

Come on Post Office - send me my parcel of SS!!!
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Ours get veg twice a day - spring greens morning and night then a selection from romaine lettuce, kale, brussels, broccoli, pepper, radish, celery and herbs. They get a carrot between them twice a week and if the price is right I buy carrots with the tops on. BJ loves cherry tomatoes but as no one likes tomatoes in our house and I've not found anywhere there that sells them loose, he only gets them if they turn up on a plate in a restaurant!

Tescos must be so impressed at our shopping profile - little do they know, it's all bunny food!
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:53 pm

I give mine some veg at bedtime in the hope that they will go in their hutch instead of making me chase them around for ages. (I think they enjoy the chasing. Gloria usually goes in first and starts eating leaving Wolfie to be stupid and then he usually realises he is losing out and heads in!)

I buy them spring greens which they adore, plus pepper, cucumber, apple, carrot and cauliflower. They usually get a couple each night. Tried them with spinach but they didn't like it!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberdog Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:07 pm

KathyT wrote:Me too - I have a deal with my father-in-law's farm shop that any unsold cabbage, broccolli, carrots, caulifower and spring greens come straight back to me at the end of the day!

Truffles had never had veg before he came to the rescue centre and he can be a bit fussy.

Hi, Wave
Could I please ask something? There are so many people saying what you can and cannot give your rabbits, that I am completely confused. I noticed you give yours cauliflower, is that just the leaves or do you give them the centre white bit as well??
Thanks
HBWS HBWS

cyberdog
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-03

http://www.microcomcomputers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca6 Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:02 pm

Sixer wrote:Tescos must be so impressed at our shopping profile - little do they know, it's all bunny food!

People at work think I'm mad for getting my veg from M&S Embarassed - a few times when I've been buying them the cashier has commented on what a healthy diet I have. They always look shocked when I say it's for the bunnies and piggies Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
Becca6
Becca6
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 738

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:36 am

cyberdog wrote:
KathyT wrote:Me too - I have a deal with my father-in-law's farm shop that any unsold cabbage, broccolli, carrots, caulifower and spring greens come straight back to me at the end of the day!

Hi, Wave
Could I please ask something? There are so many people saying what you can and cannot give your rabbits, that I am completely confused. I noticed you give yours cauliflower, is that just the leaves or do you give them the centre white bit as well??
Thanks
HBWS HBWS

Hi Cyberdog and welcome to HH Wave
There are many suitable veggies for all rabbits, but no rabbits are the same and some will eat what others won't. That said there are also some things that should definately be avoided.
There's a good resource on diet at the House Rabbits soc. website (veggies are here) and the carrot Cafe has good info on one's to avoid.

If you need any more help, please ask Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum