Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How often do you give your buns veg!?

+27
DixieLuBun
Becki
karen354
Lola_Lotta
Indiechic
SarahJane
cyberdog
NickieM
Sixer
buddabun
Becca6
Jay
biscuitblossom
nethie
Big Ears
Lionel&Lolly
Rice
foxyfaerie
Laura
March Hare
*Spider*
Happy Hoppers
KathyT
Babybunnies4
fluffiebunnie
racheld69
Catsknickers
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How often do you feed your buns veg?

How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Vote_lcap89%How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 40 ]
How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 45

How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Empty Re: How often do you give your buns veg!?

Post by SarahJane Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:12 pm

i give them veggies everyday, and mum has informed me that since ive been away she has been giving them veggies every day too Very Happy
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

How often do you give your buns veg!? - Page 2 Empty Re: How often do you give your buns veg!?

Post by buddabun Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:34 pm

Cyberdog, as a general rule anything leafy and green (like 'greens' from the supermarket, curly kale, broccoli etc) is OK to give. Starchy things like carrots and fruits should be given sparingly as they are not as good (but very tasty).

Welcome to the forum Very Happy Wave
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Indiechic Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:14 pm

I give the buns veg every evening.. they do shout at me if they don't. except on weekends when they get half in the aft and half at night.

Indiechic
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola_Lotta Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:11 pm

Spring Green and Brocolli are my girls favorites !!!!
Lola_Lotta
Lola_Lotta
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by karen354 Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:31 pm

My buns and pigs get veg twice a day but small amounts, well actually if my hubby's feeding them they get rather large portions Rolling Eyes No

karen354
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:53 pm

*Creeps in feeling like a bad bunny-mummy!!* Embarassed Rhia gets veg a few times a week, will be upping that slightly after reading this though I think. I usually buy her either spring greens or that florette mixed bag, and then bits of pear/celery/pepper etc. I bought Bees veggies from work tonight on my way out and my colleague commented on what a healthy tea I was having Laughing
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola_Lotta Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm

I didn't know rabbits could eat peppers, I have loads in my fridge, will have to see what they think
Lola_Lotta
Lola_Lotta
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:20 pm

Lola_Lotta wrote:I didn't know rabbits could eat peppers, I have loads in my fridge, will have to see what they think

I didn't either until I looked after a friend's rabbits for her. They were eating tomatoes, cucumber, peppers etc. All things that my buns had been tried with but had declined. So I tried them again and they ate them all up. So they are now added to the list of things they will eat. But they will not even try parsnip which I am really surprised at as they are sweet like carrots!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:21 pm

Becki wrote:*Creeps in feeling like a bad bunny-mummy!!* Embarassed Rhia gets veg a few times a week, will be upping that slightly after reading this though I think. I usually buy her either spring greens or that florette mixed bag, and then bits of pear/celery/pepper etc. I bought Bees veggies from work tonight on my way out and my colleague commented on what a healthy tea I was having Laughing

Don't feel like that. Your buns sound like they have a perfectly lovely life and I am sure they get enough of anything they need from you. From the sound of Rhia, she would not be backward in letting you know if she was unhappy with the hotel!! Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:30 pm

My two plus Foster Buns get veg every day. I'm only glad Tesco is 24hrs and stock plenty of Lincolnshire Greens as when Lupin didn't get any one night Boy did I know about it he thumped and turned his back on me. My buns get pellet mix morning and fruit and veg evening.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:32 pm

NickieM wrote:Don't feel like that. Your buns sound like they have a perfectly lovely life and I am sure they get enough of anything they need from you. From the sound of Rhia, she would not be backward in letting you know if she was unhappy with the hotel!! Laughing Laughing

Wow you have so got her sussed!! Laughing I have just been looking through some pics I took of her & am no longer feeling bad, she ambles around the garden munching on alsorts every day - sure that counts!! Very Happy
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:20 am

oooh mine LOVE peppers. The Brit Buns wouldn't touch them but this lot go mad! Especially green peppers. If I'm having peppers in my tea I'll even give them the seeds and stalk that I can't use - they love it!

Mind you, this lot aren't hugely keen on bananas whereas for the Brit Buns it was like crack!
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:43 am

cyberdog wrote: Hi, Wave
Could I please ask something? There are so many people saying what you can and cannot give your rabbits, that I am completely confused. I noticed you give yours cauliflower, is that just the leaves or do you give them the centre white bit as well??
Thanks
HBWS HBWS

Hi Cyberdog Wave
Veg advice is pretty confusing - I still get lost with it sometimes I must admit. No My buns do like the white bit of cauliflower but it definitely doesn't like them and tends to make their poo a bit runny, so they just have the leaves once or twice a week at most. Feel free to ask anything you like here, anytime!
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:19 am

Two of mine like peppar two don't, Meggie LOVES tomatoes and tries to put half a cherry tom in her mouth in one go then the seeds all spurt out her mouth and down her chest Rolling Eyes Laughing
Mine all love Kale, that gets gobbled super quick.
I seem lucky that mine don't get runny tums (touches wood) from any of the veg they have.
Last night they had kale, cauliflower, broccli and spring greens.
They get carrot a couple of times a week.
I leave their veg in chunks so the have to bite and chew, my mum cuts them into tiny mouth sized pieces, takes her ages! Laughing
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeybunny Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:43 am

All the bunnies here get veg every evening....at least two types each day..fresh herbs once a weeks

Honeybunny
Rescuer

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:40 pm

foxyfaerie wrote:My three are on a hay & veg diet, they only get pellets in a treat ball or hand fed.

Can I ask what veg you give yours and how much each day per bunny?
I've tried cutting down on pellets and mine loose weight so I don't think I'm giving them enough. Hmmm
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:46 pm

Becki wrote:* I bought Bees veggies from work tonight on my way out and my colleague commented on what a healthy tea I was having Laughing

My bunnies have a much better diet than me Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola_Lotta Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Are my rabbits the only ones in the world who will not touch carrots ????????
Lola_Lotta
Lola_Lotta
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahP Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Dusty bunny doesn't get veg ever, and there was no option for that on the poll! Poor thing can't cope with it at all, or pellets. She's still alive and kicking though, so it's not all bad. Very Happy
SarahP
SarahP
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:49 pm

cyberdog wrote:
KathyT wrote:Me too - I have a deal with my father-in-law's farm shop that any unsold cabbage, broccolli, carrots, caulifower and spring greens come straight back to me at the end of the day!

Truffles had never had veg before he came to the rescue centre and he can be a bit fussy.

Hi, Wave
Could I please ask something? There are so many people saying what you can and cannot give your rabbits, that I am completely confused. I noticed you give yours cauliflower, is that just the leaves or do you give them the centre white bit as well??
Thanks
HBWS HBWS

I give mine the white bit as an occasional treat, but as with any vegetable it has to be introduced slowly and carefully into the diet as some rabbits have more sensitive digestive systems than others and can react badly to new or certain foods.

Welcome to HH BTW Wave
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:03 pm

OMG me too - if Buns only has a small bit left in his bowl I get all panicky - even though he always got supa excel nibble, loads of hay and an organic treat or two in there!!

I think the ladies at my local tesco are impressed with the regularity I buy curly kale and spring greens (Buns favourite food)...don't have heart to say it isn't for me!!!!
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Lola_Lotta wrote:Are my rabbits the only ones in the world who will not touch carrots ????????

nope Bunny's gone off carrots and broccoli - he stricly a leaf kind of guy - any leaf and he'll have it.
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola_Lotta Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:21 pm

My two have never eaten it, put it in the hutch but they just won't take it, lol - very strange, lol !
Lola_Lotta
Lola_Lotta
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy B Bunny Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:51 pm

Mine get it everyday...id have angry buns if they didnt :lol!:
Jazzy B Bunny
Jazzy B Bunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:52 pm

Just thought I'd update to let you know that since I first spotted this thread, Missy has had veggies every day Rolling Eyes She seems to love love love it, althought she was knocking it back so fast tonight she was making some right scary noises(!) - She owes you Hoppers Thumbs Up
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2