Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Names - how did you get them?

+17
SarahJane
Tracyuk
Thea Bobbin Roo
Starlights Rabbit Rescue
Becki
CheekyT&D
KathyT
Niki
NickieM
fluffiebunnie
biscuitblossom
racheld69
buddabun
Laura
Happy Hoppers
Jay
proudmummy
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bunny Names - how did you get them? Empty Bunny Names - how did you get them?

Post by proudmummy Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:31 pm

Hiya not sure if this topic been done before - apologies if so!

There are soo many cool bunny names on the forum, so I was just wondering how you all came to give the Buns their names.

My daughter decided to call ours Bunny (very original lol) but DH wanted to call him Rafa (after Rafael Benitaz the Liverpool Manager) but DD was having none of it! Somewhere along the line I nicknamed him Johnny Nibble Pants, which turned into Johnny, John Johns, Bundles and Sir John of Nibble!! Clearly we are bonkers here in this house pmsl.

I mainly call him John Johns when I speak to him but whatever he is called, the little tyke ignores me Smile
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Bunny Names - how did you get them? Empty Re: Bunny Names - how did you get them?

Post by Jay Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:34 pm

I like his full name Smile Bertie's full name is... Bertie Babooshka Bush...Kate Bush's son is called Bertie, (I'm a big fan) and also, he's such a refined and toffee nosed thing that I think of Berlinton Bertie! He gets called Berts, little B, Bertilla, Bertrude (my fave) and little ****, but thaty's only when he goes through wires, letters, the sofa, well, you know Laughing
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Bunny Names - how did you get them? Empty Re: Bunny Names - how did you get them?

Post by proudmummy Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:37 pm

Jay wrote:I like his full name Smile Bertie's full name is... Bertie Babooshka Bush...Kate Bush's son is called Bertie, (I'm a big fan) and also, he's such a refined and toffee nosed thing that I think of Berlinton Bertie! He gets called Berts, little B, Bertilla, Bertrude (my fave) and little ****, but thaty's only when he goes through wires, letters, the sofa, well, you know Laughing

chortle - loving Bertrude Smile
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 am

Mine came from various places, I've had a few but the current ones are:
*Marley...from Bob Marley who mostly gets called MooMoo
*Fiver....from Watership Down and is usually called Fivo
*Scout....from 'To Kill A Mockingbird' and is usually called Scoutette
*Lexie....just liked the name, usually Lexi Loo, LuLu or Madame
*Juno....From the Greek Goddess and we normally call her J, Jayuno or J-bunny
*Mackenzie came with his name and is usually either called Mack or 'The Hooligan'.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:41 am

Wow thats some list Smile xx
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:48 am

I wanted a name that wouldn't suit an animal at all, it's a bit of a tradition. Poor bunster was nearly called Raekwon!! Laughing

Carlton Jamal just had a ring to it, hahahha!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 am

Carlton Jamal is wicked - bless him, love his blog too! x
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:01 am

Wow where to start.. Chronologically I think!

Charlie: after the drug - he was white, smelt amazing, was a completely hyperactive loon. Nicknames: Sharz, Charlie boy, monkey, flopsy,

Jack: it just suited her (she was a 'him' at the time) plus she was 'Jack Rabbit'. Nicknames: Jacky, Jacky J, tiny girl, princess (she really was one) and Jack! (aaaa-aaaaah) Saviour of the Universe...

Brian: named after the bunny I was going to have who was slaughtered the night before I picked him up by a fox Sad. Nicknames: Bri, a buuuuunny called Brian (recognise the tune?), Brainiac ('cos he sooo isn't!)

Stu: Steve's choice of name Rolling Eyes. Nicknames: Stu-pid, Fuzzy
Domino: suited him - black and white. Nicknames: Dom, Dominic, Big D
Hazel: After W.D. Nicknames: Hay, Princess, Beautiful, Stroppy (she really is!)
Bob: A Blackadder character who was actually a girl called Kate (we weren't sure of Bob's sex for a while and figured we could keep the name if he turned out to be a lady). Nicknames: Bob (said in true Rowan Atkinson style Smile), Little Man

We are still not fixed on Justin's name. Steve really hates it so he may be renamed soon enough...

Loving Bertrude and Scoutette by the way LOL
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:38 am

oooh this is an interesting thread.

Barney - rescue bun cames called Barney and it suits him! Nickname Barnicleese!
Nettle - found in a nettle patch. and also same reason as Foxy below. Nickname Noodley as in Nettleeeey Noooooodleeey
Foxglove - i really love plant and flower names and the cats are Canna and Sorrel so fits in well. Nickname Foxy and Foxy Maloxy
Jigsaw - rescue bun so came with name, Nickname: Jiggy Jig Lips
Pirate - rescue (came from Jill aka Honeybunny) already named that - v cool name for a bunny. Nickname: Pirate-sskk
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256

Back to top Go down

Post by biscuitblossom Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:17 am

OK I shall just do the ones I have at the moment I think....

Bugsy came with his name

Buster ,adopted from my vets,they'd called him Thugsy because he was stroppy and a bit of a big bruiser,we changed it to Buster for the same reasons!

Rosie....named by the daughter of the lady I got her from,I didnt have the heart to change it.

Billy....cos he had been on his own where I got him from and they called him Billy no mates....poor boy!

Bonnie came with her name

Jack also came with the name ,catswhiskas named him after jacksjane's Jack...how could I change that?...very often called crackerjack cos hes such a star.

Indigo named by my daughter,called Indie most of the time.

Pixie cos she has such a Pixie like disposition(she was originally Graffiti)

Pandora jus because I liked the name (she was originally Scribble)

Alexander...hes an english lop,he needed a grand name so Alexander as in Alexander the great....lol

biscuitblossom
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffiebunnie Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:22 am

My four are:

Pickle - very ill skinny bunny with poo in his mane when we got him. He was in a pickle my duaghter said... and it stuck!

Twinkle - cos she cute and its a nice name.

Pootle - originally Jilly from ARC but didnt really like it. Wanted a name to go with Pickle and I was nicknamed Pootle when the Flumps used to be on TV when I was a kid.

Sparkle - originally Foxy from ARC but didnt suit him. Wanted a name to go with Twinkle so we chose Sparkle (or Sparky for short).
fluffiebunnie
fluffiebunnie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 913
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:21 am

biscuitblossom wrote:

Alexander...hes an english lop,he needed a grand name so Alexander as in Alexander the great....lol

I didn't realise you had an English Lop, can we see some pictures please Very Happy
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:55 am

Wolfgang - cos my son posted on his aviation forum what should he call his new rabbit and apart from the usual Stew replies (*yawn*), we got Wolfgang! It was so outrageous was went with it. Goes by the nickname of Wolfie, Wolfbit, Ratbit (cos husband thought he looked a bit rat-like when we got him) and Wolfgang Scargiver (if you pick him up he shreds you).

Gloria - cos she's a laydeee! She reminded me of an overblown fifties film star along the lines of Diana Dors. Also known as fluffbit, flumpers, glorybags.

Holly - came to us pre-names and although Christopher wanted to call her Starsky (cos she had a hutch!), it just didn't suit her and we kept her old name.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by biscuitblossom Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:59 pm

Sooz wrote:
biscuitblossom wrote:

I didn't realise you had an English Lop, can we see some pictures please Very Happy

I have posted a few of him but he's grown a bit since then...lol...I'll see what I can do for you Sooz.

biscuitblossom
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:59 pm

Diggory & Dustie were originally Enigma & Tabboo at the RSPCA, I renamed then Scotia & Scout but after they exhibited fantastic digging abilities they just had to be renamed Diggory & Dustie Very Happy

Smee was originally Charlie when i adopted him but each time i went into the piggy shed, which is where he lives, i would shout "hello babies it's meee" & he would come hopping to me, hence Smee Very Happy

Niki
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:49 am

Niki wrote:Diggory & Dustie were originally Enigma & Tabboo at the RSPCA, Very Happy

I thought I came up with some unusual names but those are impressive Laughing
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:02 am

Tibbler was originally one half of a pair who I allowed my 12 year old niece to name, and she came up with Nibbler and Tibbler. It worked as a pair, but on her own I occasionally refer to calling her Tibbs, or Trouble. OH calls her "yabbit" after a Jasper Carrot sketch in which he is staying in Thailand and they call down to reception to tell the staff that there's a rat in their bedroom - the staff call it "big yat," so rats in our vicinity are called yats, which led naturally enough to yabbits.

When I got Trufles he was called Fluffy or Floppy (they weren't sure which was which at the shelter), and since he wasn't fluffy in the least and Floppy didn't suit him, I decided I need something different. He's toffee coloured and spends 95% of his time truffling through his food and snuffling around for more, so Truffles seemed appropriate! OH (rather meanly in my opinion) calls him P*ssy because his fur was covered in wee when we got him and it took several weeks to grrom it all out and his new fur to come through.
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:16 am

All I can ladies is WOW that was so interesting - thanks for answering. The bunnies name are cool and loving the reasons why.. if I ever get another one to keep Johns company, I'll have to come up with a better name than Bunny lol (although that was DD choice tee hee love her)

xx
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:39 am

I think Bunny is pretty cool - my in-laws have a cat called Cat Laughing It just suited her better than anything else we couldcome up with!
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743

Back to top Go down

Post by CheekyT&D Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:17 pm

my buns were named

Rogue (RIP) - because he would charge about and reminded me of a rogue elephant Embarassed

Teegra - because he is herlequin (orange and black stripes) he looked like a tiger and i read somewhere that teegra (although a different spelling) is greek or something for tiger

The Duchess(RIP) - was already named Duchess when i got her i just added 'the' as it suited her better

Skyla (RIP) - was going to call her skye but in the end named her after an agility dog named skyla

...there may be another one to come soon Wink

CheekyT&D
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:12 am

NO Idea where Rhia came from, Dont even think I'd really heard the name or anything before I got her - She just 'was' a Rhia! Nicknames are plenty - Most used are Rhia Roo, Roo, Bee, and Rhi Very Happy
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlights Rabbit Rescue Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:09 am

Shadow.. i don't know, but she seems to gracefully glide over the floor like one -nicknames- shads, shaddy, shaddybum, shaddybottom, fluff, miss squawk.
Storm- she is chinchilla grey so like a stormy night-nicknames- little one, stormbucket, ratbag
Moonshine- no reason but she lives up to it by hiding in the cupboard and making the alcohol bottles clink!! -nicknames- moon, moonie, mooniepoo, moomin, madame, oi!, mischief
Scraggles- she was the runt of the litter and all scraggedly and small-nicknames- scrags, scragggggiiiie!, scraggiepoo, little girl

Jon- named after my o/h as when first arrived, wouldn't leave me alone, followed me, and poked me with his thing Shocked -nicknames- jonny, jon jon, sexay boy, retard, special man
Starlights Rabbit Rescue
Starlights Rabbit Rescue
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.freewebs.com/starlightsrabbitrescue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thea Bobbin Roo Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Bobbin - got him home and he was bobbing up and down, sniffing the strange smelling new air, OH said call him Bobbin, so I did Embarassed Laughing

Ruby Roo - I thought she looked like a little kangaroo when she was a wee 7 weeks old! Laughing I took the Roo and added something sweet and girlie to the front Very Happy
Thea Bobbin Roo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-07-07

http://www.theaschultheiss.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Rory - Wasnt sure if he was a he or she to start with, I liked Aurora but ended up being Rory.
Lola because the song "L.O.L.A lola, la la la la Lola" was playing in the car when we collected her from the rescue and I thought it suited her and sounded good with Rory.
Mimi- a character from Rent, plus it sounded good with the other names ( a four letter thing)
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:37 pm

I bought Jelly from the pet shop bcus nobody wanted her (thats where it all began lol) and couldnt think of a name for her.

I went to PAH the next day to get some treats and saw little peanut in a cage with three other bunnies who were biting him, and he did a horrible bunny scream and i went to tell the assistants and she said 'theyll sort it out'

So i came home with him. I called him Peanut Butter because of his coat, and then decided to call Jelly, Jelly because of peanut really i suppose, n figured she was blackcurrent Jelly being a black bunster!

Domino, when he was 7 days old he was pure white with lots of teeeeny little black dots, like a perfect domino! now there a big spoldge lol!

And Pebbles, well she was called Melissa at the RSPCA and i couldnt stand it, and i wanted to call her Pepper, because of her markings so thought it would fit the trend, but my now ex boyf wouldnt have it, so we named her pebbles for the same reason!

so really there all superificial lol
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next