Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor Jiggy Jig Lips - teeth removal and burring

4 posters

Go down

Poor Jiggy Jig Lips - teeth removal and burring Empty Poor Jiggy Jig Lips - teeth removal and burring

Post by racheld69 Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Jiggy had his teeth checked at last myxi vacc. 5/6 months ago and all fine. Then a while after he started losing weight and i put it down to living with Pirate the piggy and being a bit old (as teeth given the all clear a couple of months before) so started feeding him separately and giving him extra yummy stuff. Anyway took him today for his myxi a bit early as i wanted to have him checked out as the extra feeds etc are not working so wanted him looked at again. Anyway, he had some spurs so they kept him in to burr them and found that right at the back he has huge spurs that have grown into his tongue and ulcerated - they couldn't be seen when he was examined when he is conscious - only under GA with mouth pinned open etc so they were prob there in early stages 6 months ago when we thought he was fine! he also had 2 wobbly teeth that were removed. Poor thing - I feel awful and so does our vet Anna. But goes to show that you can't always see spurs when you look in their mouths - Anna the vet is always really thorough and has a really good look in their mouths but it was just that the spurs were so far back they couldn't be seen. He is looking sorry for himself but i took him his favorite treat - a cherry tomato and slice of cucumber and he managed to rip them out of my hand faster than you can say Jiggle Piggle even with his eyes closed so i think he is going to be ok.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Poor Jiggy Jig Lips - teeth removal and burring Empty Re: Poor Jiggy Jig Lips - teeth removal and burring

Post by Josephine Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:11 am

Aw poor Jiggy. I bet he is glad to be rid of all those spurs.
I hope he is soon back on the road to recovery and puts
all that weight he lost back on again.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Poor Jiggy Jig Lips - teeth removal and burring Empty Re: Poor Jiggy Jig Lips - teeth removal and burring

Post by Catsknickers Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:36 am

Poor Jiggy Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:36 pm

This happened with my old girlie Pippa, they couldn't see anything much in her mouth except a little uneven wear on the molars but as she was declining fast we decided to do them incase sh was very sensitive to discomfort.

When they pulled her mouth open under GA they found a small but sharp spur working into her tongue and cheek which had cause lacerations, it was so far back it couldn't be seen whilst she was awake.

Hope Jiggy is feeling better soon Smile
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down