Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added)

3 posters

Go down

Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added) Empty Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added)

Post by McQueen Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:40 am

Ok so say I talk Chris round to getting another one, how am I going to find space. The biggest cage I can go to is 6ft x 3ft, and I can hardly (as much as id like) get another giant. Anything to small he will damage because he is too rowdy. His not lonely because his normally with us all of the time in the lounge, but he likes full on attention that I can’t give him all of the time and when that attention isn’t there he destroys stuff. When I lay on the floor with him he will come and lay right next to me and go to sleep, but I can’t lay on the living room floor all night (as much as Id want too). So IF i do get another one is it worth thinking about a rescue due to measurements?

Last edited by McQueen on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
McQueen
McQueen
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2008-07-03

http://www.goldenbunnies.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added) Empty Re: Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added)

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:40 pm

I think *most* rescues require a minimum of either 6x2x2 (or 5x2x2 for a smaller pair) as permenant housing and then it seems to vary an awful lot more on exercise space. In your set-up i would imagine that is linked more to time available for free-ranging.

Really your best bet would be to talk to a couple of local rescues, I'm sure they won't mind spending a few minutes chatting about their requirements. Smile
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added) Empty Re: Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added)

Post by McQueen Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Ok cool I will see what I can do. The idea was to have McQueen free range but his not happy until he has succeeded in getting to places blocked off where wires are. It’s in the living room so there are wires behind the telly and sofa. However it is a big area for when we are not around….its probably as big as most pens you can buy. I have to speak to Chris first so when that is out of the way I will approach my locals ARC and Bobtails.
McQueen
McQueen
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by McQueen Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Just redone McQueen’s cage and his new cage measurements are now 5 feet 11 inches x 3 feet 7 inches (not far off 6ft x 4ft). This is an indoor cage in the lounge. Still need to do something with the door Rolling Eyes . This is a bit bigger then what he first had. This is big enough for him but I still question if it’s big enough for two.

It’s difficult because the plan WAS to have him free range 24/7 like most people with large buns, but because of his behaviour someone has to be around when hs out.
McQueen
McQueen
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by McQueen Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:34 pm

Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added) Cage5x

Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added) Cage3x

Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added) Cage2x

Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added) Cage1x

Minimum home measurements rescues require (Images added) Cage4x
McQueen
McQueen
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:12 pm

That looks wonderful. He should be really happy in there while you're out and about and it looks like he has plenty of room. He'll be able to sit and plot what he is going to eat once he gets out. Mwhahahahahha
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by McQueen Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:39 pm

I could make it a foot bigger if we wanted but we run out of grids...i might sneak another foot on one day Laughing
Had to cut a corner off as you can see so Chris could see the telly. But yeah he has enough room in there and our living room is massive as its a flat in a large Victorian house, so lost of room to run around when his out.

Can I ask what you use (that is secure) to lock a door on grids. I have been told pegs but I am worried McQeen would be stronger then these. Another thing, Has anyone ever took a door off a create before? Chris was going too so it didn't take up to much space left open but wasn't sure if it would break? Because of the sofa we can't have it fully open as you can see from the photos.
McQueen
McQueen
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down