Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bye bye Hazel and Bob :(

+3
NickieM
Sixer
buddabun
7 posters

Go down

Bye bye Hazel and Bob :( Empty Bye bye Hazel and Bob :(

Post by buddabun Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:18 pm

I feel awful. Don't know how to tell you this. But, after weeks of discussion we have decided to rehome our bunnies.

Even though we were here first we just don't really feel we can keep the cats and the bunnies... And much as people use this awful excuse (and it does my head in), with a baby on the way it's just too many animals to look after. I made the decision when I got them not to get too attached as it would be too hard when it came time to say goodbye. Even though they are obviously well cared for, I just feel they don't have that extra attention that they should have from their owners. Which is totally my fault but there you go.

So we have found Hazel and Bob a home with another British family on camp and are looking around for someone to take the three remaining boys. They are so excited to be taking the two. They have some really well behaved kids who have been great around them when they've been up and I just know they will do a good job looking after them and they'll get tonnes of attention.

I hope you'll still have me when I'm bunless and don't hate me too much for saying goodbye to them. Tears galore tomorrow no doubt Sad
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Bye bye Hazel and Bob :( Empty Re: Bye bye Hazel and Bob :(

Post by Sixer Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:53 pm

Aw Helen - we could never hate you - you are so kind and wise to and for us all.
You (and other HH's) always knew the bunsters would be rehomed when you left Brunei, you are just looking out for them sooner than maybe intended. I know you will ensure they will go to fabulous homes, they would never have had that opportunity if you hadn't taken them on in the first place.

With a baby on the way, I think you have made the right decision. Sending you and Mr B loads of love and hugs xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:00 pm

If you hadn't stepped in for those buns when you did, they might not be around to be rehomed. You are doing the right thing and no-one would criticise you for it.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Aw big hugs for tomorrow hun.. and you arenT bunless, you have the British boys who love their mummy lots! Especially when she sends them big parcels of treats! Very Happy
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:22 am

Aw Helen, as Charlotte says you are still Mummy to your UK bunsters, so you are definately not bunless. I for one, would be absolutely gutted if you left us, and I could never hate you. You have made this decision for all the right reasons and it will also make life easier for you when you finally return to the UK, knowing that your buns are settled in good homes.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:34 am

you guys have brought tears to my eyes (hormones Rolling Eyes Laughing). I was so worried about telling you lot as I do adore the bunnies but I figure if someone else can give them those two years of extra love and attention then why not rehome them now?

Hazel and Bob (to be renamed Fifi and Bumble Laughing) have just left... Poor guys. They have gone to a great home and the lady who took them is thrilled (she lives on camp so I will be down there saying hello Laughing). I am going to give her this place's address and hopefully she will come on here with any problems or questions. She has my number, my vets number, an unequivocal right to ring up whenever about anything, she has been given claw clipping lessons and dietary preferences Laughing

I hope I didn't scare her too much but I just wanted the best for my guys.

Her kids are so excited. She said when she left her 3 yr old was stood at the door, carrot in each hand waiting Laughing
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:32 am

Dont worry, and dont you dare leave HH! We all know you dont make these decisions lightly. xxx

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:47 am

Aww Helen, I'm so sorry I missed this, and I'm sorry that you're having to re home them, but they have a life which they wouldn't have had without your intervention, and will continue to be loved.
You've taken a responsible approah (as ever) and I hope you're not hurting too much xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:51 am

It is sad but I have been checking facebook and they seem to be settling well. she said that even hazel came out after about 40 mins and in the evening they came for a cuddle with the kids Smile

it's not easy saying goodbye and i look at my remaining boys and feel sadness but i know full well they could have more affection from somebody else. I thought i would be able to stay detached without compromising on cuddles but it just hasn't worked out that way. So I do feel like a bad bunny-mummy in a way but at least i will find great homes for them.
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:33 pm

you are not remotely a bad bunny mummy. Really, banish the thought. Sometimes not everything can be forever & the main thing is that you are responsible which you obviously are!! And very very caring! Really honey dont be cross with yourself. You found an opportunity to give them a great home and you did. You might have lost that if you'd waited til you came back to the UK.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Don't feel bad. If you hadn't taken them, they might be dead by now.

They have had a wonderful start in their lives and now are going on to another loving home that you have checked out.

You are just one big slush puppy just now. Have a good sob and then give your red rosy nose a good blow and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

And don't ever think that we would have been critically judgemental on you. We would never have done that to you as we judge you by ALL your actions and now this one (which has been done for the best of reasons anyway!)
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down