Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hazel again...... naughty bun

5 posters

Go down

Hazel again...... naughty bun Empty Hazel again...... naughty bun

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Oh dear, Hazel what are you up to?

She is still chasing Faline around the hutch and run. I've checked both girls over and there are no injuries but there are tufts of Hazel's fur dotted about scratch

Both girls are speyed, Faline is approx 6mths old and Hazel approx 2 or 3 yrs old. I expected to see Faline's fur not Hazel's. I don't understand, can anyone shed any light?

Thank you
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Hazel again...... naughty bun Empty Re: Hazel again...... naughty bun

Post by Catsknickers Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Hmmm this is a tough one. I have never had any luck bonding females as I think they just like their houses a specific way and don't wanna another lady coming in and re arranging the ornaments if you get my drift. It is probably something similar Laughing
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:26 pm

It's a shame as I don't know what to do. I think there will come a point where I have to permenantly (sp?) seperate Hazel from the trio. Problem is I don't have any where suitable to house her plus I don't want her to be a lonesome bun as she likes Vince. I'm quite fond of her as she is a cuddly bun, is beutiful to look at plus I've invested in her spey to protect her from cancer so I don't want to rehome her but can't see another way Crying or Very sad .

DH just checked on them and saw fur flying again. I couldn't have left her where she was with her previous owner with those injuries, but I don't want her to do the same to Faline.

Would I be a bad person if I passed her on to a local rabbit rescue? Or should I keep her in a small 4ft hutch on her own?

Rosie is a lone bun but she is in our dinning room which we turned into the kids play room,so she always sees us milling around. I seriously doubt Hazel will bond with Rosie although that would be a solution.

Hazel would make the perfect first rabbit to new rabbit keepers as she is so docile.

What would you do as this is really playing on my mind. I just want to do the right thing.

Thank you
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi Vince,

As you know I am no pro and have been asking advice re bonding myself... but it seems like you're doing what you can, and looking after all your rabbits well.

I dont think anybody would think badly of you if you rehomed her - you've treated her well, tried what you can and are ensuring as best you can that she goes somewhere good.

That said, others here may have some advice that helps you settle them all down together and you get to keep her Smile fingers crossed that they do as you're obviously fond of her! x
Sprite
Sprite
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Thank you for your reply Hazel again...... naughty bun 913859 I have contacted my local rescue and they can take her in.
I'm going to monitor the situation over the next few days, I haver to think of Faline though in all of this, it's not very nice for her.
I jst don't understand why it's Hazel's fur all over the place. I've never seen Faline go for Hazel and I'm sure Vince isn't doing it.???????
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Can't you keep her seperate? Be a shame you would have to rehome her after you rescued her.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:11 pm

You could always try a bond with Rosie?
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:39 pm

I would be a bit anxious about a bond with Rosie. It's worth a try though, I have a 4ft two tier hutch with underrun that sits ontop of my guinea pig hutch. Thing is the run that goes with it is used by the piggies. Hazel is quite a big solid rabbit and I don't feel the spare hutch is big enough for her, especially as she is used to the main hutch and run.
I thought that once bonded they would always be fine together, especially after being speyed. They were allies in their previous home so I don't understand why Hazel is suddenly disliking Faline.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:04 pm

It is weird, you could give it time as long as no one is having their skin broken? But there is no point if one of them is miserable.......Bunnies sure make things tough sometimes don't they. Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Tell me about it. I've spent so much money on a large hutch and run, a massive trixie run that attaches to main run, a little trixie house that fits on the run for when they go on the grass, then their neutering and jabs...... bloomin' ungrateful things!

Hey, to top it off, Rosie just did a HUGE wee all over DH Hazel again...... naughty bun 811805 Hazel again...... naughty bun 811805

He says it stinks!!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:00 am

I don't have any bonding experience, but I would say (without any prejudice, as I understand that you want the best for her) that buns that are rehomed a lot do tend to have problems because of it, and it really should be a last resort. Could you take her to the rescue and have her bonded there with another bunny, or is having another one not an option?

As for Rosie, you just never know, there was a successful bonding on here last week, that had all the odds stacked against it, but it worked Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down