Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coughing/Sneezing

3 posters

Go down

Coughing/Sneezing Empty Coughing/Sneezing

Post by boo86222 Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:30 pm

I know there are few posts on this already, but little terror seems to be different to the others.

She sometimes sneezes and does the cough that sounds like a duck, but its not often at all, but since wednesday, its a few times a day! I though initially it was my handcream, i dont usually wear it, but i was on wed, and i picked bugs up she started sneezing.. so i assumed it was that. She seemed fine for the rest of the day. Yesterday i was off work, and noticed she was sneezing a lot and making that awful coughing/quacking noise... so i cleared out her cage, hoovered incase it was dust or lots of fur (she's malting ALOT!) but today it continues... not as bad..but shes done it twice today and sneezing frequently. It's not hay, nothing has changed there. Her nose is dry, she eating and pooping fine, as far as im aware.

Im worried!! Do you think i should just keep an eye on her or take her to the vets? If so, anyone know of any rabbit savvy ones in the south east of sheffield!?? The one i've been for seems more forcused on cats and dogs.

If anyone has any ideas.. it would be much appreciated.
boo86222
boo86222
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Coughing/Sneezing Empty Re: Coughing/Sneezing

Post by Catsknickers Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:34 pm

I think I would be inclined to take her to the vet, just incase. The sneezing is occasional so wouldn't overly worry me, but the cough is unusual. Sooz lives in Sheffield and attends a very rabbit savvy pet. I would be inclined to see if she can tell you where they are. Sooz should be along soon with better advice than I can give.

Hope she is ok xxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:58 pm

It is hard to say without actually witnessing the sneeing and coughing but rabbits can have respiratory tract infections which don't display with a discharge. It is worth checking that her 'handkerchiefs', that is the fur on the inside of her front paws, are not matted incase she has been wiping the discharge away herself.

I know if I get hair stuck in my nose or mouth it irritates me but I've never noticed it with any of my rabbits so I would have to say a trip to the vets won't hurt. It may be worth getting her a full health check at the same time, just incase.

I use Anita at Hunters Bar vets on Ecclesall Road. Wave
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down