Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just how clever are those little buns??

5 posters

Go down

Just how clever are those little buns?? Empty Just how clever are those little buns??

Post by kitkatmoo Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:59 am

I had Barney in the other night sitting on my chest having strokes. He gets to have his choc drops when he comes in which are his absolute favourite thing ever. Anyway, I leant over to the table and was shaking the packet to get his drops out for the night so I could reach them easily. As I was shaking them out he lifted his head up a bit to have a look what I was doing. Then I moved my hand back to stroke his head and he sniffed it manically as you'd expect.
Then I swear he closed his eyes on purpose and flattened his head right down on to my to be stroked, rubbing his chin on me. I swear he was playing the cute card to get his choc drops - or have I been spending too much time with him that I am now connecting human behaviour with them?? I did try the theory out later that evening and he did exactly the same thing. Is he really that smart?
kitkatmoo
kitkatmoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Just how clever are those little buns?? Empty Re: Just how clever are those little buns??

Post by NickieM Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:19 am

Where food is concerned, they are fast learners!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Just how clever are those little buns?? Empty Re: Just how clever are those little buns??

Post by senatorvass Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:21 am

bunnies are tummies with endearing fluff.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:34 am

senatorvass wrote:bunnies are tummies with endearing fluff.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:27 pm

senatorvass wrote:bunnies are tummies with endearing fluff.

LaughingLaughing

In my experience bunnies are fast learners when good behaviour comes with rewards, but they are not so hot on associating bad behaviour with 'punishment'. I have been telling Juno off for shaking the cage bars with a water spray for about 6 weeks and she still does it and then wonders why she is getting wet. Rolling Eyes

I just have to be content with the fact it stops her once she starts!
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kitkatmoo Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Laughing

I try to take comfort in the fact that e normally passes up his carrot top or broccli stalk when I first bring him inside of an evening in favour for being stroked! He soon finds his appetite again tho!
kitkatmoo
kitkatmoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down