Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roo not eating U/D 20:15 eating kale :)

+5
Sixer
Becki
Catsknickers
SarahJane
Thea Bobbin Roo
9 posters

Go down

Roo not eating U/D 20:15 eating kale :) Empty Roo not eating U/D 20:15 eating kale :)

Post by Thea Bobbin Roo Mon May 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi guys,

Went to feed bunnies when I got up as usual, Bobbin ate normally but Roo didn't, very uncommon as she usually chases him for it.

She had a sip of water on her own, since 9.30 we have syringe fed her some warm water and she's had approx 15ml of warm mushed up excel junior with a drop of apple juice which she took really well.

Bobbin has been trying to hump her, poor girl Hmmm but at least it is making her get up and move.

I've tried to give her tummy rubs but she manages to wriggle away from that position.

Currently she is either laying down or sat up, her stomach has made some promising noises and I've seen her do one or two poos.

Any advice on what else to do - usual vet is closed, but their emergency vet Vets Now in Northampton is open, not sure what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated. She's never had stasis before, she has always seemed to be much hardier than Bobbin.

Thea

Last edited by Thea Bobbin Roo on Mon May 04, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thea Bobbin Roo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-07-07

http://www.theaschultheiss.com

Back to top Go down

Roo not eating U/D 20:15 eating kale :) Empty Re: Roo not eating U/D 20:15 eating kale :)

Post by SarahJane Mon May 04, 2009 12:59 pm

hmm. do you have any fibreplex? jelly does this sometimes and after some fibreplex and sitting on some warmth and tummy rubs she comes out of it before it gets serious but it doesnt work it shes 'too far along' with it.

if shes doing poops thats good. could you give her some water soaked dandelions or grass? that usually works with mine!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Roo not eating U/D 20:15 eating kale :) Empty Re: Roo not eating U/D 20:15 eating kale :)

Post by Catsknickers Mon May 04, 2009 12:59 pm

You sound to me as though you are doing all the right things. Do you have any Infacol at all? That could get things moving too?
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thea Bobbin Roo Mon May 04, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the quick response.

No infacol I'm afraid. I have science recovery which went out of date in Dec 08, hence the make-shift soggy excel pellets.

Only other thing I have is Bio-Lapis probiotic sachets, but I'm not sure that'll do any good, not sure, any ideas?

I will try the grass, though I'm dubious, as they don't usually have it. I have tempted her with her favorite, curly kale, but she won't have that either.
Thea Bobbin Roo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Have you tried mushing up warm banana? Or warm babyfood? Sounds as though your doing all the right things Smile X
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Thea Bobbin Roo Mon May 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Just to let you know we've been to the emergency vets, she's had metacam and metocl'ide so just waiting for it to kick in. Already she seems a little more sprightly and is drinking on her own, just need eating and poops now.

Will let you know how she gets on, thank you for the support, thank you for the phone call Theo Smile
Thea Bobbin Roo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon May 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Three of ours have had a do with not eating recently, they were all clogged up with fur from moulting. Are Roo and Bobbin still moulting?

Sending loads of poo vibes for Roo. Hopefully the metaclop will soon take effect xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon May 04, 2009 4:47 pm

Hope she is better soon. I had Gloria doing the same thing the other day, but she is fine now. It is such a worry. Sending healing tummy vibes.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon May 04, 2009 6:04 pm

How is she doing now Thea....one of my ex-rescue buns is having trouble today and is now on his way to our Vets Now for treatment. Sad
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thea Bobbin Roo Mon May 04, 2009 8:06 pm

She just started eating kale! Woooeeee! Just hope she keeps it up, starts pooing too.

Her tum is making those amazing loud rumbling noises so it think the drugs have kicked it. She's even done a few little laps of the room and hall. Bobbin has started eating more too, bless him, he stopped until she started again I think!

Yes they are both molting, Bobbin more than Roo, but she does groom him alot.

Hope your ex-rescue pulls through Sooz. Thanks all for the support, it's really appreciated especially as I'm a bit elusive round these parts Embarassed

Will update with progress.
Thea Bobbin Roo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon May 04, 2009 8:33 pm

Thea Bobbin Roo wrote:She just started eating kale! Woooeeee! Just hope she keeps it up, starts pooing too.

Her tum is making those amazing loud rumbling noises so it think the drugs have kicked it. She's even done a few little laps of the room and hall. Bobbin has started eating more too, bless him, he stopped until she started again I think!

Yes they are both molting, Bobbin more than Roo, but she does groom him alot.

Hope your ex-rescue pulls through Sooz. Thanks all for the support, it's really appreciated especially as I'm a bit elusive round these parts Embarassed

Will update with progress.

Sending masses of vibes for gorgeous Roo, have you got any pineapple juice, it needs to be the pure stuff NOT made from concentrate, if you need anything else please ring me an I will see what I can do, have you tried dandelion leaves?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thea Bobbin Roo Mon May 04, 2009 10:00 pm

Yes she's had a couple of dandelion leaves from the garden, she is much more active now and nudging me like her usual self! She's done quite a few poos and keeps munching on pellets now too. I'm still keeping a wide eye on her.

Thank you, Theo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue May 05, 2009 12:01 am

Thea Bobbin Roo wrote:Yes she's had a couple of dandelion leaves from the garden, she is much more active now and nudging me like her usual self! She's done quite a few poos and keeps munching on pellets now too. I'm still keeping a wide eye on her.

Thank you, Theo

Phew!, I can get up off my knees then from praying can I?, my goodness that little girl gave us a fright Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing

Yes, keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't slip over the next couple of days, well done for getting her sorted Thea, noserubs to them both xx
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 am

How's Roo this morning Thea?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed May 06, 2009 8:46 am

Missed this, I hope Roo's still doing well Thea Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Thea Bobbin Roo Wed May 06, 2009 11:25 pm

You would not believe Roo was poorly two days ago, honestly! She's completely back to her old self, so much so that she gives me the odd bite now and again just incade I hadn't notice!. She's such a naughty girl! But my word do I love her, so relieved she's ok, especially what with the incidents of late Sad

Thanks everyone for your tremendous support, Roo and Bobbin send big high fives, ha!
Thea Bobbin Roo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed May 06, 2009 11:28 pm

Really pleased to hear Roo is back to her naughty self again. Happy Dance
Hope your OK too Thea Hugs
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed May 06, 2009 11:33 pm

See, saying a few extra prayers does work!!, so pleased she is back to her normal self the little madam!, I am sure it's because you acted so quickly
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down