Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not Loved

3 posters

Go down

I'm not Loved Empty I''m not Loved

Post by FudgesMummy Sat May 16, 2009 9:01 am

Hi Gang
I need some advice, my little man really doesn't trust me at the moment and not sure why Hmmm
Last night I was gently doing nose rubs and ear tickles and he lunged at me and tried to bite...twice! Hissy

This morning I was stroking the top of his head, normally nothing like this phases me, and again he tried to lunge and get on the defence Crying or Very sad

I really can't think of anything I have done to upset him, cause him not to trust me, I've been trying to groom him over the last week or so because we are going through a heavy heavy moult is this his way of saying enough grooming mummy!?

I always try to get on his level and he will quitehappily nudge my feet when Im sat on the floor and climb on me for bunny buttons......

I wondered if he had a sore spot but I can't see anything.

Advice please on how to get my little guy to love me again....
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

I'm not Loved Empty Re: I'm not Loved

Post by Becki Sat May 16, 2009 10:09 am

He might just be in a bit of grump, Think they all go through phases of stroppyness! Your right that he could be in pain but personally I recon you'd know from other little signs. Just try sitting on the floor to watch tv & stuff like that, and ignore him - He'll not be able to resist a nosey & gradually you'll get to build up his trust again. Has it been very wet & windy where you are, Could that have been battering against the windows and such? It has been here & its driven Rhia mental, Theres not much else (actually, i dont think theres anything other than aeroplanes!) shes scared of but this weather terrifies her, and shes a nightmare!
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat May 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Bertie's been like this the last few days Kelly, It's horrid isn't it. He bit me this morning, proper Shocked I've been having to do full grooms twice a day and I think he's sick of it Sad
Is he well? Berts sometimes will run away from me if he's not feeling well, or has tummy probs. Moulting is rough time for some buns, I remember he's like this each year. I tend to approach slowly with my nose, and give nose - nose rubs, and keep my hands well back. then he'll come over to me. I'm sorry he's acting up, Hugs to you both xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down