Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right, I find this very hard but...U/D temp home found

+4
Happy Hoppers
senatorvass
racheld69
lopz
8 posters

Go down

Right, I find this very hard but...U/D temp home found Empty Right, I find this very hard but...U/D temp home found

Post by lopz Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm trying to find a new home for my bun Alice.
I adopted Alice as a mate for my Arthur, who died a few months ago.
Then came the French lop Matisse whom was not appreciated by miss Alice.
Alice attacked Rufus a few times when he escaped, so I guess she doesn't really like other rabbits. (or she defends her territory a lot)
Now she (and Arthur) have always shared with piggies, but ever since Arthur died, the piggies took the lead in the household and Alice hardly gets any vegs. Fighting with other rabbits, but taking vegs from piggies, no...
She is forever trying to get out of her pen and succeeds quite often. This frightens me, either, she'll end up in the woods one day, or she might find a way to get at the other rabbits.

I'm not very close with her, I keep telling I want her to go, but now, it's becoming real and it doeshurt. I'm not someone who "gets rid" of pets, but I think someone else can give her a happier life.

Sad

Last edited by lopz on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Right, I find this very hard but...U/D temp home found Empty Re: Right, I find this very hard but...U/D temp home found

Post by racheld69 Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:33 pm

hiya. is she neutered? have you thought of trying to get one of the rescues who do loads of bonding to give it a go in their neutral territory?
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Right, I find this very hard but...U/D temp home found Empty Re: Right, I find this very hard but...U/D temp home found

Post by lopz Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:44 pm

I have no room for one more....
lopz
lopz
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:37 pm

oh well perhaps this has gained you some perspective. It isnt always black and white is it. At least your bunny isnt hurting a child or anything like that. Best of luck finding her a new home.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:40 pm

If you don't have any constructive advice to offer the OP please refrain from commenting on the thread. The important thing is that the animals interests are put first.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:48 pm

it must be really hard for you Hugs .good luck in finding her a home
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Yes it is hard and you know what? One of my forum members had to do the same a few weeks ago and we hated her for that.
But her rabbits didn't get on and have a massive fight. So now, her little boy has found a new home with a nice girl friend.
Alice, she was right for Arthur, but fate got in the way.
I want her to be a happy bunny but it's beyond my abilities.
If I had the room and money, she could live happily ever after with a nice friend, but in everybody's interest, I need to find a new home for her.

I postponed the decision for a long time, and now, when I received a positive answer from the organisation that will adopt her, I cried.
It has become real and it hurts, it hurts very much.
lopz
lopz
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:12 pm

I hope you find Alice a new home. I cannot understand why you were angry at a forum member for doing the same a while back as you mentioned - seems a bit odd but perhaps I don't understand the whole situation.

If you feel you cannot cope then finding her a new home is a good decision and not one I am sure you have taken lightly. Good luck.

Last edited by proudmummy on Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Well, there were different reasons why we hated what she did.
First she had another rabbit before that had to go.
And she lied to me and other people.
She told me the rabbit had to go because the two didn't get along. She told other people she had developed an allergy and couldn't cope with the grooming of this rabbit.
At least, I am honest
lopz
lopz
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:08 pm

Good luck on finding her another home. It is a horrible situation for you, but you are only doing what you think is best for her.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeybunny Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:41 am

I'm sorry you have felt you have had to make the decision to give up a pet, it's not easy
There can be ways round the problem sometimes but if you don't feel you have a bond with her and you want her to go, then it is in the rabbits interests that she does find a new home.
I hope she is soon settled somewhere new

Honeybunny
Rescuer

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:05 am

She went to a temp home yesterday. They told me most bunnies find a new home in 2 to 3 weeks time, and the organisation makes sure they go to good homes with a lot of room and a nice friend.
I felt really heartless but honestly, a little relieved that peace and quiet has returned now.
I rearranged housing and I think everybody is very happy now.
lopz
lopz
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down