Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spoilt bunnies

+3
coco
NickieM
AprilGirl
7 posters

Go down

Spoilt bunnies Empty Spoilt bunnies

Post by AprilGirl Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Do you spoil your bunsters?

Tonight hubby has been complaining what a spoilt bunny Shadow is, I was feeding him his veggies off a china plate on my knee at the time though. Mark (the hubby) was adamant that Shadow would be outside in his hutch more than a house rabbit, I've learnt, over the last 12 years, to do things slowly with him and he doesn't realise they have happened. So Shadow is slowly spending more and more time in the house and he's now toilet trained so can be trusted more (except for tonight when he decided to do some decorating and started pulling the wallpaper off Hmmm ) Today as soon as I heard thunder I ran outside and brought Shadow in, couldn't have my baby bunny scared could I, I had to go out so shut him in the kitchen and after reading Jay's posting about rabbits on wooden floors, found some off cuts of carpet and put them on the wooden floor along with some blankets, I then made him a little adventure play ground with his tunnels, boxes and arch, filled his treat ball up and basically made him very comfortable, hubby thinks he's treated better than him (which tbh I think he is Laughing) Oh he also has a bunny bed which may I add Mark bought him!

He's got a lovely nature (Shadow that is not my hubby, although he's not bad either Laughing) and hope he stays like this after he has his bits removed (again Shadow not the hubby), I don't want to spoil it. Do you think you can spoilt them too much?

He's currently stretched out on the rug in front of me like he owns the place, so I'm off to fan him and make sure all his needs are tended to Laughing Wink
Emma x
AprilGirl
AprilGirl
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Spoilt bunnies Empty Re: Spoilt bunnies

Post by NickieM Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:27 pm

Only if you feed them too much, then they get fat and unhealthy. But you have to love them loads, you just do! Sure Mark will get used to being No. 2 male in your life. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by AprilGirl Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:29 pm

He's number 3 in my life now, I have a gorgeous 8 year old son too. Haven't decided yet which one of them is number 1 Shocked Laughing
Emma x
AprilGirl
AprilGirl
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:39 pm

I would say that dad would be at the bottom of the pile. He he
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by coco Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 pm

You guys would disown me if I told you the amount of fruit and veg I spoil mine with Embarassed
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:27 am

lol April your post was sooo funny!

I think it is easy to spoil pets sometimes - I do worry about Johns and always panic if I have run out of blackberries for him - I can't bear the disapproving look I get when I top up his food all but blackberries. I am none too popular then I can tell you.
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Aww, Shadow's sooo lucky to have arrived at yours Smile
TBH, I think when you do have a sole bunny you have to make a lot more effort, and actually the best way of spoiling it is to give it more of your time, 1-1, and to do as you've done Emma and make if feel safe and secure and loved. The comfort that bonded buns have to share between them is essential to their happiness (I think), so in the best way you can, you need to go the extra mile, and in a way that the bunny understands, by learning bunny communication etc. and making the bun part of your family. It's so rewarding what you get out of the experience.

Shadow's so lovely, I'm really glad you brought him here Love
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:19 pm

i spoil mine wayy too much. i think im like an absent parent, i over compensate because of how i have to leave them when im at uni in term time. so when m home i spoil them rotten

just last night i gave up the remainder of my peach bcus jelly was on her hind legs sniffing like ooooo whats that, and it was the last one, so i cut it up and shared it with her! Embarassed
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:59 pm

Jay wrote: I think when you do have a sole bunny you have to make a lot more effort, and actually the best way of spoiling it is to give it more of your time, 1-1, and to do as you've done Emma and make if feel safe and secure and loved.

I agree!!... and it sounds like you're doing a great job, you're reward is getting so much love from him in return!!!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down