Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Bunny who's Owners I wanted To Plank

+4
jan
NickieM
ElleyMay
Honeybunny
8 posters

Go down

New Bunny who's Owners I wanted To Plank Empty New Bunny who's Owners I wanted To Plank

Post by Honeybunny Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:47 pm

I had a call from a lady
who said when she first rang that she had a rabbit and a gp kept seperate in two different cages..bun 2 years gp 3 years
dogs were annoying them

her friends delivered this Sad

New Bunny who's Owners I wanted To Plank Robbiescagea

A male rabbit in cage he has lived in for two years
note no hay....no toys..green bottle and under the sawdust is thick scale..filfth all round wires as "they didn't have time to clean it"
look closely at his back
He lays completely flat and hyperventilates when you touch him

New Bunny who's Owners I wanted To Plank Robbiesback

I asked what had happened to him..they said they had tried to shave him as he was hot
I said I did not believe them. They then said they had dogs who chased the rabbit and sometimes bit him Evil or Very Mad
when delivered no gp..when I asked where it was they said I was mistaken they never had a gp..I was not mistaken..I take notes when people book in
I can only guess as to why there was suddenly no gp Crying or Very sad
and as for his shaved back....my guess is he was a mess, there are signs of scabby areas..bites perhaps.. and they did this to clean him up before they bought him over..the shaving is too uneven and not over all his body for someone to have done it to cool him down
On a happier note here is bun, now named Robbie, in a clean hutch learning what hay and veg is..along with TLC
New Bunny who's Owners I wanted To Plank Rob

Honeybunny
Rescuer

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

New Bunny who's Owners I wanted To Plank Empty Re: New Bunny who's Owners I wanted To Plank

Post by ElleyMay Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:58 pm

Oh my goodness. That makes me want to cry... first with sadness that someone could do that and then with happiness that he's getting a new chance at living!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

New Bunny who's Owners I wanted To Plank Empty Re: New Bunny who's Owners I wanted To Plank

Post by NickieM Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Thank goodness they brought him to you and didn't just let the dogs have some fun. Some people are just too stupid or insensitive to have pets. Mad
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Its so unbelievable.Im Shocked Shocked pale pale
please give him a hug from me xxxxxx
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Thank goodness he is now with you,

I hope he soon responds to your TLC and then you can give him a big cuddle from me xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:10 am

What a sweet little face he has. Why do people neglect animals like this? And then expect you to not notice! Honestly!!!

I hope he recovers well and makes someone a loving pet.
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:03 am

Poor Robbie, that's dreadful Sad I'm glad he's out of there now, and has a chance of a happy life. I feel a bit unwell after reading that pale
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:24 am

That has just made me cry Jill, that is so awful. Is there anything you can do? Like report them to the RSPCA. What on earth has happened to the GP?
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeybunny Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Catswhiskas wrote:That has just made me cry Jill, that is so awful. Is there anything you can do? Like report them to the RSPCA. What on earth has happened to the GP?

Have to say this bunny has affected me a lot too...just keep imagining him being chased by dogs
Sadly can't report them as no proof..if they say I was mistaken about gp no way of proving otherwise..as for bun..they wouldn't be prosecuted for being stupid and trying to shave him if thats what they stick to..and that's if the RSPCA bother to follow it up

Robbie has had his first vacs and a check up from vet..all well..he is a lovely bunny who may already have a home to go to..so watch this space

Honeybunny
Rescuer

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:16 pm

I hope that is an extra extra-special home to go to Smile

Robbie deserves the best after his previous home, he is so gorgeous Love
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Honeybunny wrote:he is a lovely bunny who may already have a home to go to..so watch this space

FINGERS CROSSED!! He deserves a good home!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down