Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hormones?

+2
Sixer
ElleyMay
6 posters

Go down

Hormones? Empty Hormones?

Post by ElleyMay Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Last month when I took Brynn in for her pre-spay check up the vet had said to give it another month or two before actually doing the spay as she is quite small. Over the past few days I have noticed some behavioral changes and I'm wondering if my little bunny has "become a woman" Laughing. While she remains pretty consistent at using her litter box for urine she has begun leaving little poops EVERYWHERE!!! Secondly, she has become very affectionate (a trait I'm not opposed to). She almost demands to be pet and has also begun following us around more. Now, the final trait is funny but I feel really bad for my cat. Poor Tori can't even walk into the room without Brynn making a beeline straight for her. Brynn wont leave Tori alone, and insists on going under her Rolling Eyes (I'm not sure if this is a sexual thing... or???). Like I said, it's funny because Tori walks around with a Bunny pretty much attached to her and is therefore forced to jump up on boxes or high objects to get away from the leech. That being said, Tori has the ability to jump over the bunny-proofing gates, yet chooses to hang out in the living room with Brynn (so don't feel too bad for her Laughing).

Well experts, what's the verdict? Do you think Brynn has reached sexual maturity, and if so, do you think I should call and make an appointment for her to get spayed sometime this week?

Tori, keeping safe, from the persistence of Miss Brynn
Hormones? P1060954
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Hormones? Empty Re: Hormones?

Post by Sixer Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:48 am

Love the picture, they are just so pretty together Love

In my experiences poops everywhere seems to be a territory claiming behaviour but this may be completely different to the cause with Brynn. think a house bunny owner can answer this better than me.

As for hormones, when our two girlies hit hormone time they started nest building and Embarassed pestered the life out of neutered Herbie. Hollie just followed him around constantly but shameless Rosie took to sticking her derriere into Herbie's face Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Poor Herb. I don't know whether he knew what they wanted but couldn't oblige or hadn't a clue what was going on Smile

How old is Brynn now? For various reasons Hollie and Rosie were late being spayed at 8 months old.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:25 pm

She is about 5 months old.

In terms of the poops; she does do the territorial few little poops when she goes in a new room or something, but nothing like that has changed. Even in her cage (where she normally will have a few poops scattered around) she now has them everywhere (including in her house and her food dish which she NEVER poops). This is a sudden change taking place about two days ago (along with the other "symptoms"). My boyfriend described it best, "It's like she's so busy concentrating on being horny that she can't remember how to use the washroom".

Also... she tried to mount Tori last night... so I'm getting more and more convinced every day! Laughing
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:59 pm

By following Tori around everywhere, she is just showing that she loves her. Trying to get underneath her is also a sighn that she wants Tori to groom her. Doe she present her deah, on her paws, for Tori at all? thing is Brynn will know what she is saying i.e. "groom me" and obviously Tori won't understanD!

The poops are a sign of maturity she is just claiming her territory now that she is a laady! Love

With regards to her being too small, I know what you mean. Easter is still considered way too small by my vet to spay. So it is just a question of waiting to see if she does anymore growing?
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Does look as though she is trying to establish herself as dominant bun. The mounting business is something that buns do not just for sexual reasons. The bun who does the mounting is establish itself as top bun. They also look for the other bun to groom them. They do this by flattening themselves down with their faces right on the ground. Poor Tori will be so confused by all this rabbit communication that he doesn't understand.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:52 am

NickieM wrote:They also look for the other bun to groom them. They do this by flattening themselves down with their faces right on the ground.

Yes, Brynn has always done this, and Tori obliges. Tori isn't so crazy about the mounting though Laughing

Do you think once she is spayed the mounting will stop?

I guess the main thing that made me suspect it was hormones is the fact that all this behavior was a sudden change. Literally two days ago she was a different bunny and now she is this super needy/clingy pooping machine! Shocked Laughing
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Hate to say but it might not, although it should settle her emotions a lot. Gloria is the dominant bun in the Wolfie/Gloria partnership and gives him a good bonk if he bugs her too much, just to let him know she's the boss! Laughing Hasn't done it for a long time though so you never know.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:40 pm

My 2 mounting each other often wouldn't mind but they are both girls Laughing
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:42 pm

The Incredible Escaping Rabbits who come for their holidays are two girls and are constantly bonking. My kids called them the Lesbits!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:55 am

I love the idea that Tori thinks Brynn is a cat and Brynn thinks Tori is a bunny.. I think you have 2 wonderful companions there EM, but Tori does need to understand that Bunnehs rule Laughing
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down