Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news for bunnies and the fight against animal testing!!

+3
Catsknickers
Sixer
Thea Bobbin Roo
7 posters

Go down

Good news for bunnies and the fight against animal testing!! Empty Good news for bunnies and the fight against animal testing!!

Post by Thea Bobbin Roo Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Not been on the forum in an age, so apologies, but I felt the following was worth a post... some of you may already be aware of it, but I got news of it today and felt it was a really good step in the right direction for abolishing all animal testing:

Good news for bunnies and the fight against animal testing!! Rabbit

"The DHT (Dr Hadwen Trust) welcomes news that non-animal methods to replace the 65 year old Draize rabbit test for severe eye irritancy, have finally achieved international acceptance. Thousands of rabbits will now be spared procedures where chemical substances, including for household products and cosmetics, are applied to their eyes. The DHT funded the vital early-stage research work in the 1980s that has now resulted in one of the replacement methods approved."

You can read the full article on the Dr Hadwen website herehttp://www.drhadwentrust.org/news/rabbit-eye-test-replacement

Thea x
Thea Bobbin Roo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-07-07

http://www.theaschultheiss.com

Back to top Go down

Good news for bunnies and the fight against animal testing!! Empty Re: Good news for bunnies and the fight against animal testing!!

Post by Sixer Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:23 pm

That is such good news Very Happy

It is nice to hear from you Thea, hope all is well with you and the gorgeous Bobbin and Roo xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Good news for bunnies and the fight against animal testing!! Empty Re: Good news for bunnies and the fight against animal testing!!

Post by Catsknickers Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:38 pm

This is excellent news. I cannot stand to think what these poor rabbits go through. It angers me so much. It is a disgraceful and pure animal cruelty, in the name of science.

Thea where have you been. this is so weird, I was thinking about you loads last night and wondering where you were and what you were up to.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:23 pm

That is awesome news, thanks Thea!! Very Happy
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:34 pm

That is marvellous news. Getting shampoo in my eyes is such a painful experience so I can't imagine how awful it must be to have that done deliberately day after day. At least when it happens to me, I know that I won't have my eyes damaged because of some poor bunny.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Great news Good news for bunnies and the fight against animal testing!! 831901
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:53 am

That is brilliant news Thumbs Up , nice to see you around, hope you visit more often because we miss you Crying or Very sad
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down