Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our beloved Mr. Magoo

+7
Sixer
Kirsty&Lola
Happy Hoppers
Jay
racheld69
Rosie Rabbit
Magoo
11 posters

Go down

Our beloved Mr. Magoo Empty Our beloved Mr. Magoo

Post by Magoo Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi everyone. I'm sorry it's been so long since I wrote on here. Nearly a year! I just really need to talk to someone now and I'm sorry if it's not right to jsut stop talking on here and come back when it suits me. I just don't know anyone else who would understand.

3 days ago Mr. Magoo passed away. My husband and I are devasted and our hearts feel broken and empty. It was completely unexpected and I don't know why it happened. He had been healthy and so happy. I thought I looked after him so well. He was a house bunny and a part of our family. He had a huge cage and was let out to roam free a lot of the time. We have 2 kittens who he befriended and one of them he had grown up with and was best friends with. I just don't know what happened. He was only a year old, it jsut doesn't make any sense.

I feel so lost. I have hardly stopped crying for days and my husband is the same. We have even discussed getting a new bunny which makes me feel so guilty. Mr. Magoo could never be replaced, I guess we just have this void that we're trying to fill cos everything seems so empty. My husband is the onyl one who gets it. I feel if I talk about it to anyone else they'll think 'it's jsut a rabbit, whats all the fuss about?' but he was more than that. He shared a special bond with us.

I'm so up and down at the moment. I'm ok at times but then all of a sudden I'll be in tears or so low or my heart twinges. I just need to get my feelings out I guess and talk to people that understand. This forum has always been a great help and somewhere to share a love of bunnies, thank you all for that and for reading this xx
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Our beloved Mr. Magoo Empty Re: Our beloved Mr. Magoo

Post by Rosie Rabbit Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi Wave

I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost Mr Magoo. I totally understand what you're saying and what you and your husband are going through, and everyone else on HH will too, I know.

My hubby and I lost our bunny Rosie last November and it's just the most awful painful feeling, isn't it? The grief just washes over you in waves and you find yourself sobbing when you least expect it. It will gradually feel less intense, and things will look brighter, but you'll always miss and remember him.

Some people just don't understand, especially with a rabbit as you say. You and your husband have each other and you'll always have your special memories of your little man.

Please do share how you're feeling with us at anytime - we've all been there, and we "get it". We really do. Sending lots of hugs to you Hugs xx
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:07 pm

I complete know what you mean. This is how my (ex) boyfriend and I were when our first rabbit, Wobbles, suddenley started having fits and had to be pts after about 6 months of having him from a baby. He was a house rabbit and left a huge hole and it was very strange not having a rabbit around and we'd both get sudden emotional bursts just looking at the place he used to sit or finding one of his poos. I went on to have another 5 rabbits, one died in July (who again was a house rabbit and so greatly missed) so I now have 4 who live outside. We still think about and miss Wobbles alot.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:59 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Magoo Sad I was looking at some pics of him a few weeks back, for a video, and wondering how you were all getting along - He had the sweetest face of a bun I think I've ever seen.

Please don't worry about being absent, HH is always here, and many people here will understand how you feel. It sounds as if your heart is breaking, I don't know what to say, but I understand Hugs

Last edited by Jay on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:05 pm

I'm really sorry to hear Mr. Magoo has passed to Rainbow Bridge. Please rest assured it is highly unlikely it is because of something you did or didn't do. I have been very unlucky with my rabbits, particularly in 2007, when I lost six in a year, many of whom were 18 months old or less.

They really are such fragile creatures, and unlike dogs & cats, do go out of their way to hide when they are ill, they are also prone to a whole host of conditions which can lie dormant for months, even years, before causing a problem. There is no way to pick up on these things.

Take comfort in the fact that whilst Magoo may have had a short life, it was full of the highest quality. Much better than 5 plus years of neglect. You will feel better in time but it takes everyone different routes to achieve that feeling of coming to terms with things. There are some resources on the forum designed for helping owners come to terms with pet loss. I hope you can find some comfort in them.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:20 pm

i'm so sorry to hear of your loss. everyone here will understand completely, share as much as you like.

Binky Free Mr Magoo
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 pm

I am so sorry that you have lost Mr Magoo, such a gorgeous boy.

Thinking of you Hugs
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 pm

So sorry you lost Mr Magoo. Sleep tight little man.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks everyone for your words of support. It calms me to know that others have been through similar experiences. I'm feeling a little better now and am able to look through some pictures of Mr. Magoo and remember the joy he gave to us which helps. Thank you xx
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 pm

After Wobbles died I wrote the 'story of his life' type thing for a website with some pics of him here (2nd story down):

http://www.cottontails-rescue.org.uk/stories.asp

it really helped coz i remembered the funny things he used to do and the happy times and it was very therapeutic.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:28 pm

I am so so sorry hun. Please don't blame yourself. He was a special bunny and one that had a fantastic life. I agree with everything Sooz has said. Big hugs, please feel free to grieve with us Sad x Binky free xxxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:40 pm

I am really sorry to hear that Mr Magoo has passed to the bridge. He was obviously such a loved bun and had a quality of life that I wish every bunny could have. As Sooz said, it was a short life, but a life packed with love, care and companionship.

We all understand how deeply you feel his loss. Although he was 'only a rabbit', when you become emotionally attached to a pet, it doesn't matter what it is, especially if it is a pet the returns love and affection. I think it is worse with a house bunny, because you are so acutely aware of their loss.

Don't worry about your absence, we all have times when we drift away for a while. I am just pleased that you were able to come back to use when you needed to.

Sending you hugs xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:15 pm

I have only just found this, I'm so sorry. It is the most heartbreaking thing, and that fact that other people don't understand just makes it more so. The pain does ease and one day you'll be ready to accept another bun into your lives, now though, although the void is huge, it most likely will just feel 'wrong'. Personally, I think you'll know when the time is right & be able to bond much easier with another rabbit, Knowing him for who he is, rather than somebun you want to be Mr. Magoo. I really am so very sorry, Sleep well you beautiful boy xx
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down