Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing 'River', my foster bunny (and a carrot!)

+7
NickieM
Sixer
Catsknickers
Rosie Rabbit
Magoo
Kate7590
Big Ears
11 posters

Go down

Introducing 'River', my foster bunny (and a carrot!) Empty Introducing 'River', my foster bunny (and a carrot!)

Post by Big Ears Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:16 pm

This gorgeous gal is going to her new home tomorrow, I'm so going to miss her funny and endearing little ways Love Love She was reserved after only one week here otherwise I think I would have joined the 'Failed Fosterers Club'

Introducing 'River', my foster bunny (and a carrot!) Th_PICT3435

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Introducing 'River', my foster bunny (and a carrot!) Empty Re: Introducing 'River', my foster bunny (and a carrot!)

Post by Kate7590 Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Arww she is lovely! Very energetic Very Happy x
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Introducing 'River', my foster bunny (and a carrot!) Empty Re: Introducing 'River', my foster bunny (and a carrot!)

Post by Magoo Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Beautiful bunny Love I'm glad she's found a forever home:)
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Gorgeous. Love Love the way she runs everywhere with the carrot before deciding where to enjoy it. Laughing
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Gorgeous girl!!!! She is so funny running round with that carrot!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Gorgeous girlie Love
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Funny isn't it that girl bunnies tend to look for somewhere to eat their goody while the boys just munch away. Both Holly and Gloria do the same, whereas Wolfie just scoffs his where it falls. Laughing

Glad she is going to a new home. Well done Thumbs Up
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Ahhh what a cutie!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:04 am

I am very impressed that you managed to be a successful foster! Even for a week, I really don't think I could resist such a gorgeous bunny. She's such a pretty girl.

NickieM wrote:Funny isn't it that girl bunnies tend to look for somewhere to eat their goody while the boys just munch away. Both Holly and Gloria do the same, whereas Wolfie just scoffs his where it falls.

Now that you mention it, Josephine always grabs a piece of parsely and runs into the corner to eat it, while Bruce just eats it at its source - where I've put it. I always thought it was because he is a pig and if she doesn't section some off for herself he'll eat it all and she won't get her fill, but maybe it is a female thing.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:40 am

Aww blessher Love I would've failed too !
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:12 pm

She's lovely!

Scout and Juno both carry food away, Juno won't even eat pellets sat at her bowl, just grabds a mouthful and runs off to chew. I think that is because her bowl is in the open and as a wildie she feels safer undercover.

Scout will pick up a piece of veg, run back & forwards with it barging the boys out of the way and then sit in the corner with her back to them munching. Neither of the boys will ever try to take it off of her. She also does that happy twitch thing when eating which I find really cute.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks everybody, she is indeed a beautiful bunster... came into rescue (RACR, Nottingham) by being dumped - unbelievable Crying or Very sad

Jay wrote: I would've failed too !
She is really addictive Love Love

Well I'm pleased to say I've handed her over this morning and I'm not in the least bit sad as I really like her new mummy and KNOW she has gone to a brilliant home. Obviously I'm going to miss River a lot but she's now got a loving forever home and soon be bonded with bunny companions. I'm so glad I didn't weaken and keep her because she will get more in her new home than I could have offered her.

*sighs*. I actually thought it would be really hard and if I'd passed her to someone to pass her on to her new owner I wouldn't have got the feeling of 'all is well' that I do have. I really think I could do this fostering thing again Very Happy Very Happy

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Roo is the only bunny I have who runs away with food, he's hillarious at times, he did it as a solo bun but shoots away from Tink with anything worth protecting. They are really funny because they either hide food or pinch off each other then are usually having a snuggle/groom a couple of minutes after being so greedy Laughing

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down