Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chez Gabriel!

+6
Jay
Catsknickers
KatieB
NickieM
ElleyMay
Sixer
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chez Gabriel! Empty Chez Gabriel!

Post by Sixer Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:17 pm

So this is what Chris and I - well mainly Chris - have been beavering away at Very Happy

Gabriel and Nia's new abode.

Chez Gabriel! IMGP0599

There will be an enclosed run fitted and the windows meshed once the conservatory guys have gone. This was a bit of a rush job to get Gabe and Noo out of the conservatory ready for the new one to go up.

Gabriel was bouncing around exploring straight away and jumps from the upper shelf. Noo is still somewhat cautious and won't go near the scary edge Rolling Eyes We have fitted a cat flap but Chris has fashioned a support to prop it open cos Noo bless her, will never ever cope wth a flap.

Chez Gabriel! IMGP0604

Chez Gabriel! IMGP0602

Here is Gabe looking scruffy as he is moulting.

Chez Gabriel! IMGP0607

And here is looking penitent Laughing

Chez Gabriel! IMGP0609

There is no picture of Noo as once again I have run out of patience with Photobucket Mad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Chez Gabriel! Empty Re: Chez Gabriel!

Post by ElleyMay Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:19 pm

WOW!!!! Looks amazing!!

I love Gabe! He is such a monkey!

Well done to you and Chris. That looks really fantastic! Lucky buns. Thumbs Up
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Love the 2nd last picture. Boy is that a rabbit with attitude!!!! Laughing Laughing

Their shed is great. What a fabulous set up for them.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:41 pm

WOW that is amazing! That is the most fantastic bunny res ive ever seen.

Gabe is so funny - he clearly knows he is the master of all he surveys.....

Absolutely brilliant.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:28 pm

That second from last picture of Gabe is hilarious.... I know I have said it before but I met Gabe when he was in Honeybunny rescue and he was so nervous, which isn't suprising when you have been working as bait at a greyhound track and only ever been picked up by your ears. The life he lives now just makes me so happy and fuzzy and warm inside. To think he was sold off to anyone for a fiver. What would have happened to him? And we would never have had the joy of sharing in his life. I wonder if he knows what a superstar he is? Seriously.

And can I say, that abode is fantastic?!?!?!?! I wish I had the space to provide that for my pairs. Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:17 pm

He was used as bait for greyhounds Shocked Shocked Our Gabriel!!!! I just find that so upsetting as he is such a personality. Imagine not seeing that and just thinking it was 'just a rabbit'! How blind.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:27 pm

I think in the second to last piccie he is sending mischief making vibes to all his Happy Hopper friends Laughing The moult mark on his forehead gives him a bit of a demonic look! Gabriel's own mischief will be seriously curtailed now he is back outdoors.

He and Noo have done a great job of chewing wood on their house though - measures will be taken this weekend Very Happy

Chris is really pleased with the playhouse - went together really easily. But pair of fools that we are we went and bought some lino, not remembering we had more than enough already in the garage - No

And yes Charlotte, it always amazes me that underneath that scared, nervous little boy there was an incredibly confident, intelligent bunny waiting to emerge and enjoy life.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Haha little monkeys. Bella has nibbled all my hutches and chewed the RSPCA hutches before the delivery man had even left. Rolling Eyes x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:38 pm

There is nothing like unmarked new wood to get your teeth into Rolling Eyes

NickieM wrote:He was used as bait for greyhounds Shocked Shocked Our Gabriel!!!! I just find that so upsetting as he is such a personality. Imagine not seeing that and just thinking it was 'just a rabbit'! How blind.

I seem to think he was bought and rescued by Honeybunny's from a meat market. His fate would have been greyhound meat/training Sad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Yeah he was used, from what I remember as bait at a greyhound track and was terrified. They were having a sale of the rabbits there, primarily as dog food. He was picked up by his ears. I remember seeing him and he was terrifed. Worse than Easter my wildie. It was heartbreaking. He was a fiver I think and Honeybunny rescued him. Look at him now. I just can't believe what he has had to endure. This world sickens me.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:58 am

OMG Maybe I'm really naive but I thought they used fake rabbits? Im horrified and I feel really sick.

Im in absolute shock. Honestly I just cant take that in.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:07 am

Sixer wrote:I think in the second to last piccie he is sending mischief making vibes to all his Happy Hopper friends Laughing
So that's why Bertie's playing up is it, well you can tell him it's working Laughing
WOW, wow wow wow (in the words of Kate Bush!) what lucky bunstas, and what a quality job well done Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:39 am

Ha - working here too!

The conservatory guys just caught Rosie hopping about the garden. Little moo had got out of the shed Shocked
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:04 pm

The more I look at that pic of gabe, the more I think he's thinking

"One Day im going to take over the world and this will all be mine Mwoahhahahahahahahahah!"

I do hope that im not going to get home and daisy has digested the sofa because he's had a whiff of the naughtiness vibes.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Ha - that is really funny Katie Laughing

How is the sofa, and what about the rug!
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:06 pm

He really does have a very very naughty look in that photo. I just adore him Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 am

That is an amazing house, it's probably my dream house for the bunnies, if my mum were ever to kick them outside (which she threatens to do periodically). It looks perfect and the attached run would allow them room to move. I'm very impressed!

Wolfie is adorable, what a lucky bunny to escape such a horrible fate! Some of the things people do, they're so horrible they beggar belief.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:08 am

NSD wrote:That is an amazing house, it's probably my dream house for the bunnies, if my mum were ever to kick them outside (which she threatens to do periodically). It looks perfect and the attached run would allow them room to move. I'm very impressed!

Wolfie is adorable, what a lucky bunny to escape such a horrible fate! Some of the things people do, they're so horrible they beggar belief.

It was Gabriel who was the poor bun who was rescued. He's Sixer's bun.

Wolfie is mine and I totally agree he is adorable, but has never had anything more to worry about than where his next meal is coming from and whether Felix is staring at his woman too much! Chez Gabriel! 811805 Chez Gabriel! 811805
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Sixer wrote:Ha - that is really funny Katie Laughing

How is the sofa, and what about the rug!

Well matt caught him have the odd sneaky tug at the rug fibres....... he'd make sure matt was looking away then puuullllllll. Then innocence.......the puullllll, then innocence....hmmmm.

The sofa is only missing the bottom right front corner as it has been since the week after we brought it......thankfully gabes naughty vibes dont seem to have reached so far south this time! ha ha ha
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:50 pm

Ah dear, how embarassing Embarassed Sorry, I don't think my brain has been working recently.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:05 am

That is a fabulous residence, well done to you and Chris. Very Happy

I didn't realise Gabe was so fluffy - he has an amazing ruff! What an extremely handsome chap he is. You can tell he's full of personality just by looking at him. Love

I remember reading about what his intended fate was before. Crying or Very sad Beggars belief really - I just don't know how some people can live with themselves. Sad
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeybunny Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:51 am

That looks great Vanessa..and lovely to see both the rabbits again..

and to clear up his story
One of the Honeybunnies fosterers had heard that the 2nd week before X mas is awful for bunnies at a certain meat market..the way they were handled there was horrific and greyhound trainers pick up bunnies from there

So..as we had spaces off we went with the intention of getting only 6 rabbits and not paying more than £2 each for them..we came back with 18 animals..bunnies and pigs
Gabriel was one of the "extras" simply as his pen was same height as my face and he was looking at me
The man was picking up the rabbits by the ears and the scruffs and laughing when they screamed..it was dreadful
Gabriel was very nervous..although was beginning to improve ..but the steady home with a lovely bunny wife and a caring owner changed him into the bunny he is today..so thank you Vanessa

And to add..we DO NOT recommend that people go to these markets to buy for several reasons
it encourages the trade
You cannot save them all
and it is very upsetting..I wanted to hit the man mis-handling the animals and one particular rabbit who we couldn't get to in time and was screaming his head off as he was thrown in an end holding pen still haunts me

Also you do not know what problems you are getting..two of the rabbits we took on that day had teeth probs
I know of other people who have got rabbits from there and have turned out to have other health issues ..

Another rabbit we took at a later date had dental probs..we knew this which is why we bought him as we guessed his fate otherwise

And good news..sort of...the RSPCA now have an inspector there each week and we have seen rabbits withdrawn from sale at their request
We have not bought from there for 16 months as our incoming waiting list is alwasy huge, although have visited to see what has been done to improve the place after lots of complaining...we may visit again in future if space allows..but we do not want to encourage it for all the above reasons

Honeybunny
Rescuer

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 am

Wow! Great shed! I could live in there! Laughing
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Im now sitting here with tears coming down my face.

I've never heard anything so horrific.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Thank you Jill, for putting yourself through that so that you can do a little bit of good. It must be heartwrenching to have to make decisions about which bunnies to take and which to leave. I can totally understand your saying not to visit and it is something that I would not want to do, but I am glad that you have and have managed to get RSPCA Inspectors there too. It is shocking that a trade like this is allowed to happen at all.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next