Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!! Grrrrrr

+2
lopz
NickieM
6 posters

Go down

Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr Empty Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!! Grrrrrr

Post by NickieM Sat May 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Over the last week or so, I have noticed Wolfie sitting on the top of the hutch looking at the rather lush growth of grass over the fence. Definitely a case of the other grass is very much greener! He seemed to be judging the distance and I felt that an escape attempt was in the offing.

In an attempt to head this off at the pass, I thought it would be a good idea to give them a bit of an extension so they could eat this grass and not escape. This was fairly easily accomplished by sectioning off another few feet down one side with the overpriced chicken roll I bought - and am still in shock about - earlier in the year. The access was created by loosening off the ground ties and pushing in a plastic tunnel so they could move between areas. This went really well and they spent last evening munching on the grass, doing binkies and generally being happy bunnies.

Today, I let them out after breakfast and after being a bit thick and forgetting how to get in there, they found the tunnel and went for their second brekkies. At this point it turns to kack! Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr Icon_rolleyes Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr Icon_rolleyes Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr Icon_rolleyes

OH came through with the words I always dread, 'Wolfie's out'. Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr 200632 Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr 200632 Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr 200632 He was indeed out and binging round the garden like a newborn lamb. Everything was sniffed, chinned - but not eaten. (He obviously thought he would go back later!) I stalked him until he went into a dead end then managed to manhandle him back into the run. He found like a demon and although he is a little bun, I realy think that he is some distant relation of Wolverine from X-Men. Laughing Laughing The irony of calling him Wolfie! Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr Icon_rolleyes Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr Icon_rolleyes

Took the struggling bundle of fury over to the main run and put him in. He was instantly met by an extremely hacked off Gloria who chased him. There was a bit of fighting and fur did fly. she was raging. Wolfie although initially scared, came back very quickly and sorted her out. I then stayed for the next hour watching them. They kept out of each other's way, but just had to go and look at each other. At which point, one or both of them would be aggressive and back off. At one point Wolfie even followed Gloria into the burrow and she erupted like champagne out of a bottle, all hair flying, grunting! Even I was scared.

In an effort to bang rabbit heads together, I gave them a handful of pellets and they both settled down to each. I then gave them dandelions and Wolfie spoiled it by trying to take a leaf out of her mouth. That was just too much for Gloria who lunged. He then grunted at her when she took another clump of food and it was back to square one.

A couple of hours later and they are still wary, but slowly getting back to normal. Honestly, what a pair. I think Gloria was narked because he got out - again! - and had a good time, then wandered back and expected her to be grateful. They have been separated many times without this kind of thing happening so I think Glo has PMT. Poor Wolfs, he had better be a good boy tonight.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr Empty Re: Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!! Grrrrrr

Post by lopz Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Great story!! I have this big grin now Very Happy
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr Empty Re: Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!! Grrrrrr

Post by NickieM Sat May 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Normal service has now been resumed and Wolfie has been forgiven. They are snuggled together and Glo has given him some licks. Marital disharmony or a tale of stupid rabbits!!  Grrrrrr Icon_rolleyes
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Sat May 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Aww, Thank goodness for that!! Laughing

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sun May 09, 2010 1:34 am

What an entertaining marital dispute! If only bunnies could talk... I would kill to know what they are thinking/saying when they are fighting!

Glad to know the intrepid wolfie has been forgiven for his recent escapades
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun May 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Oh dear.....it seems she was annoyed he a) didnt share his escape route and b) didnt bring her back a present!

Tee hee - wouldnt it have been fab to ear-wig as to what the row was about?????/

Glad to hear marital harmony is restored!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Sun May 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Hah! I really shouldn't laugh but that was quite entertaining! Laughing It's the way you tell 'em Nickie.

Glad they are on speaking terms again - what a pair!!
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun May 09, 2010 6:08 pm

I know, she was so angry with him. It was so unexpected because they have both escaped separately before and been to the vets separately and never this palavar. I think she really was in a bad mood with him because he got out and she didn't.

Decided that the extra bit of grazing is now out of bounds and am removing the chicken wire. Honestly, you do them a favour and look what happens.

And the little ****** scratched my neck to pieces when I had to pick him up the return him. Grrrrr
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun May 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Maybe they had made a "one goes both go" pact since the last escape attempt???
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun May 09, 2010 9:18 pm

I reckon if Wolfie hadn't already had his plums removed surgically, she would have done the job herself such was her bunny wrath!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down