Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for pippin tomorrow please U/D He's home!

+5
Josephine
KatieB
Snowy
Rhianna
Magoo
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vibes for pippin tomorrow please U/D He's home! Empty Vibes for pippin tomorrow please U/D He's home!

Post by Magoo Sun May 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Do you ever have a day or a few days where everything feels weird? Just not normal I guess. Hubby has had a few days off work and goes back on tuesday which is a complete break of routine although I do love having him at home. 2 out of our 4 children are poorly so everything is obviously centred around them at the moment, meals etc. And pippin is being neautered tomorrow which is the actual reason I am posting. I've been nervous about for a while now. I feel stressed and have lots on my mind I guess. Any spare vibes for pippin tomorrow I'd be very grateful for thank you:)

I've read that after a castration, bunnies shouldn't stretch or jump because of their stitches could rupture. Pippin has this platform that he jumps on to sometimes that is fixed in the cage. How can I stop him from jumping on it? Hmmm

Last edited by Magoo on Mon May 24, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To ask a question that just popped into my mind:)
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Vibes for pippin tomorrow please U/D He's home! Empty Re: Vibes for pippin tomorrow please U/D He's home!

Post by Rhianna Sun May 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Lots of successful neutering and rapid recovery vibes being sent to Pippin and lots of de-stressing vibes being sent to you.

xxxx

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Vibes for pippin tomorrow please U/D He's home! Empty Re: Vibes for pippin tomorrow please U/D He's home!

Post by Snowy Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Masses and masses of ((((((((((vibes)))))))))) and calming thoughts to you as well, I am sure she will be fine, but please keep positive around her otherwise she will pick up on your anxiety and it might stress her out a bit, is she coming home tomorrow night or are they keeping her in the vets overnight?

If you need anymore information please come on and ask, don't sit fretting about her because we are here for you both

Good luck and let us know how she gets on
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Sun May 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Pippin is a 'he' Very Happy But yes he should be home tomorrow afternoon which is good. I guess I'm just not sure how he is going to behave afterwards. I'm not sure if he is going to be happy and his normal self or if he is going to be mad at me or anxious or poorly. It's worse as I've only had a cat castrated before so I'm not sure what to expect.

Last time Pippin went to the vets for his jabs he nipped me twice that evening. Hard!
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sun May 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Magoo wrote:Pippin is a 'he' Very Happy But yes he should be home tomorrow afternoon which is good. I guess I'm just not sure how he is going to behave afterwards. I'm not sure if he is going to be happy and his normal self or if he is going to be mad at me or anxious or poorly. It's worse as I've only had a cat castrated before so I'm not sure what to expect.

Last time Pippin went to the vets for his jabs he nipped me twice that evening. Hard!

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I am so sorry, when I was writing it I thought he was a little boy and then I thought I read in your post "she", I really am so sorry, I know he's going to have his knickers knacked but not a full sex change Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I am sure he will be fine, he will probably be quiet when he comes home for a few hours and then he should perk up a bit, it's important that he starts eating and drinking as soon as possible, please let us know how it goes Thumbs Up
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Sun May 23, 2010 6:50 pm

It's really ok Laughing No need to apologise. You had a 1 in 2 chance of getting it right Laughing

I will definitely let you know how it goes and I will keep it cool in front of Pippin and not show my nerves. I should be an expert at that by now. I feel sick whenever the kids hurt themselves and if there's blood I feel quite ill! I just have to smile and say 'Oh dear, you'll be fine' with a very shaky voice! Laughing
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun May 23, 2010 7:53 pm

VIBES for lovely pippin.

And hugs for you too hun. Try not to worry too much, when daisy had it done he was back to his normal self straight away.

Will be thinking of you both. x x x

Good luck pippin bun. Hugs
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Sun May 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Lots of vibes for Pippin for tomorrow,
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sun May 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Magoo wrote:It's really ok Laughing No need to apologise. You had a 1 in 2 chance of getting it right Laughing

I will definitely let you know how it goes and I will keep it cool in front of Pippin and not show my nerves. I should be an expert at that by now. I feel sick whenever the kids hurt themselves and if there's blood I feel quite ill! I just have to smile and say 'Oh dear, you'll be fine' with a very shaky voice! Laughing

Oh I should apologise, I gave the poor little boy a gender reassignment Laughing Laughing Laughing , hope everything goes well tomorrow
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Mon May 24, 2010 2:27 am

Many vibes for pippin. Poor little man he'll miss his plumbs! Laughing

In terms of preventing jumping, can you remove the platform or fence him off from the platform?
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Mon May 24, 2010 6:32 am

Hubby is such a genius and has found a way of preventing use of the platform. A we have one of those cages made out of cube panels we can move a couple of panels down to block off the platform for a few days.
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Mon May 24, 2010 7:24 am

Vibes for pippin tomorrow please U/D He's home! B0009POTSU.01-A2701FG002WN6Z._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59575601_

spray as much as needed Laughing

He'll be OK, but I know, it's always a little stressy
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Mon May 24, 2010 11:20 am

He's there now. I have to call them between 1-2pm to see when I can bring him home. The waiting is terrible!!
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Mon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm

he'll be ok! try to stress less and take some time for yourself.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Mon May 24, 2010 1:39 pm

I phoned a short while ago and they said Pippin has come round and is eating Very Happy I can pick him up at half 4.

I've spent most of the morning cleaning out his home and adapting it so that he cannot jump and doesn't have to reach for anything. I just can't wait to bring him home!
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon May 24, 2010 2:10 pm

hiya

Glad hes okay bless him. I bet you are feeling relieved!

Nose rubs for the sore boy!

K x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Mon May 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Funny, it's a holiday here, nobody is working
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Mon May 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Yes it's our holiday next monday:)
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Pippin has been home for 10 minutes and has already had some dandelion leaves and wee'd and poo'd in his litter tray so I'm very happy Very Happy

He's slower than usual but isn't hiding away. I'm so proud of my brave boy Smile
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon May 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Magoo wrote:Pippin has been home for 10 minutes and has already had some dandelion leaves and wee'd and poo'd in his litter tray so I'm very happy Very Happy

He's slower than usual but isn't hiding away. I'm so proud of my brave boy Smile

Yay! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance well done!, I have been saying one or two quiet little prayers for your gorgeous boy today, sooooooooo pleased he is OK, just make sure he doesn't go jumping around, well done Thumbs Up
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Mon May 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks Theo Smile We have adapted his home a little so he doesn't need to jump or stretch or anything and made it soft and cosy for him.
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon May 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm sure he will recover just fine. It is amazing how quickly animals get over operations. I suppose they have to be able to recover fast in the wild.

When Wolfie and Felix were de-plummed, I just kept them quiet for a day or so to make sure that they were eating and pooing. Sending recovery vibes for your lovely boy. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Mon May 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Pippin will be fine-poor Fudge was woken by the earthquake we had!
He soon wanted to be hopping about despite a mummy trying to get him to take it easy!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon May 24, 2010 11:32 pm

How's he doing?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Tue May 25, 2010 8:06 am

He is very well this morning. He had a really short hop around the lounge this morning. He is supposed to be on cage rest but he escaped past me (I'm not very alert in the mornings Laughing ).

I noticed some pink coloured liquid on his sheets last night so I'm wondering if his wound has been weeping a little. It was only a small amount of pale pink and there hasn't been any since so I'm going to keep an eye on it and see how he is later. He is a little slow and seems quite quiet but I can see him returning to his old self.
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next