Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Gloria and her snotty nose UD some bad news

+10
ElleyMay
thumpersmum
Velvet.Tears
LilyGrace
Catsknickers
Jay
Vince the bunny
Vivi
Rice
NickieM
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vibes for Gloria and her snotty nose UD some bad news Empty Vibes for Gloria and her snotty nose UD some bad news

Post by NickieM Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Had to take Gloria to the vet tonight. I noticed that she just didn't look happy. She was eating but just seemed miserable. She had a bit of a sticky eye and was wet under her chin. Turns out she has the beginnings of a respiratory infection. She's had ABX, anti-inflammatory and stuff to keep her gut moving. She goes back for another set tomorrow, but hopefully it will have nipped it in the bud.

I just knew she wasn't right. Isn't it funny how you can be tuned into a wee animal that doesn't say anything and definitely doesn't want you to touch her!! Laughing Laughing She expressed her gratitude to me by covering me in fur in the surgery and then thumping very loudly once back in her box. Once home she turned her back on me and grunted. I know she loves me really. Wink Wink Wink Wink

Last edited by NickieM on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Gloria and her snotty nose UD some bad news Empty Re: Vibes for Gloria and her snotty nose UD some bad news

Post by Rice Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Aww, hope Gloria gets feeling better! It is funny how you just know if they're off. Even if they're off with you on a regular basis, it's a different kind of off Laughing Laughing
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Gloria and her snotty nose UD some bad news Empty Re: Vibes for Gloria and her snotty nose UD some bad news

Post by Vivi Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Ah well, I hope she gets well soon!
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:46 am

I hope she is better soon and isn't feeling too poorly x
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:15 am

Vibes for the lovely Glo, hope she feels better soon Nickie Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:30 am

Vibes for the bunny with the luscious locks Hugs
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Hope your grumpy lady gets better soon Smile Love
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Well we're on Day Three and she is looking really sad today. I let them out this morning, she ate some pellets and had a drink, but then started just sitting really still. Eventually put her back in the hutch so she is warmer and gets peace from Wolfie - who at one point tried to hump her!

We're off to the vet at 3.00 but she is looking worse today than at the beginning. Yesterday her temperature was down, but all the meds don't seem to be helping much.

Vibes please that she pulls through this.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Sad Lots of vibes for Gloria! Come on girl you can pull through this.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:14 pm

She had her visit to the vet today. She seems to have slowed down with her eating, although she did eat some dandelions and a handful of pellets before she went.

The vet weighed her and we realised that she had lost a lot of weight although her belly is quite big. The vet suspects that there may be a tumour there. He feels that she should be recovering from the snuffles as it was caught very quickly and has had the three courses of jabs. He couldn't feel anything when he palpated her, but he is concerned.

She was weighed and was 2.65 kg whereas the last time she was weighed (but they didn't keep a record) I remember her being close to 4kg. I have to keep an eye on her closely and try to get some weight on her. If she doesn't seem to get better, they will do blood tests to see if there is anything in her blood.

So what started off as a fairly routine infection has morphed into something really sinister. I kept her in the hutch all afternoon on her own and left some pellets and a bowl of water, but she just doesn't seem interested. She will eat green food, but isn't really interested in anything.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Ah I really hope its nothing as serious as the vet thinks, and I hope she manages to eat & feel better soon
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 am

How is she today Nickie?

Lots of vibes for poor Gloria.

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:21 pm

She's still looking really sad. Her right eye has a white skin over part of it. She isn't really interested in anything. I managed to get her to eat some dandelions and yellow flowers that she likes, but it was a bit of an event. If I just leave the food, Wolfie eats it all so I have to sit with her to make sure she eats it. She isn't really interested in pellets just now. Hoping if I can get her eating for a day or so, she will pick up and then I can just up her food.

The vet wasn't sure about a tumour as he couldn't feel anything, but he felt that if the weight doesn't go back on and she doesn't pick up, that this might be the underlying reason for her illness. I hope not because I will have a hard decision to make if it is the case as I don't want any suffering prolonged for her. Will have to take it one day at a time and just see how things go.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. Sad

Sending vibes for Gloria and yourself. I hope it turns out just to be the sniffles and nothing more.
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm so shocked to read this Nickie, I hope it's not insurmountable, and that Gloria can get help. Vibes for her and Hugs for you xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:49 pm

I really don't know any more. One minute she looks a little better, then she looks rotten again. Just going to take it a day at a time and take her back to the vet by mid-week if she hasn't picked up. Sad Sad
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:39 pm

I hope she picks up, poor girl.

Lots of vibes for you both! Hugs

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:17 am

Nickie, I'm sorry I haven't seen this before now. I haven't been around for a few days.

Gosh, what a worrying time for you. Sad I'm so sorry Gloria is poorly and it seems to be worse that you originally thought.

All I can do is send Glo massive vibes that she perks up and starts eating again.

Thinking of her, and of you too Hugs xx
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:34 am

How's she doing today Nickie? Hugs
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:12 am

Oh goodness me - ive only just seen this.

Sending her soooo many Vibes Nickie.

Get well gorgeous Gloria.

keep us updated.

Sending hugs for you Love
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Just back from the vet. Her eye got so much worse overnight that I took her back to the vet tonight. There was a huge bulge of material which looked like a big blister. The vet said that she has an ocular tumour which is behind the eye and that the blood supply to the third eye has been affected and that is the problem. She is now blind in that eye so it is going to be removed tomorrow.

Because she has been in her hutch all day today, I know that she is eating a bit and has been pooing and weeing. Quite a lot of hay was gone so she is back to eating. I tried her with porridge tonight and she just wolfed some of it down. She is a lot stronger and thumped when I had her in the vets. I hope she is strong enough to go through the operation tomorrow but I don't have a choice because her eye is getting bad so quickly.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:15 pm

Oh honey, bless her.

She is a strong fighter that girl, and if anybun can get through it she can.

I will be thinking of her - and you, all day tomorrow, and im sending millions of vibes for her.

Loads and loads of love

Katie x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:46 pm

Oh crikey!, I have only just seen this, I am so sorry she is so poorly, hopefully they will be able to sort her out tomorrow and she will puck up and start putting weight on, sending her massive vibes and hugs to you Hugs
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:17 pm

Oh goodness, poor Gloria. Sad I'm so sorry that her eye is so bad. Will be thinking of her tomorrow and hoping that the op has a successful outcome.

It's a good sign that she is eating and pooing, and great that she wolfed the porridge down.

Lots of vibes being sent for your gorgeous girl for tomorrow. xx
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:43 am

I'll be thinking of you both today Nickie, and praying for a successful outcome Hugs
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next