Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Hazel is attacking Faline

4 posters

Go down

Help! Hazel is attacking Faline Empty Help! Hazel is attacking Faline

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:36 am

Oh no Crying or Very sad Hazel has been aggresively chasing Faline around the hutch and run. It doesn't look good and I don't think Faline is enjoying it much. What should I do? Do I leave them to it and see if they sort themseloves out, or should I remove one? Hazel is fine with Vince. I need to bond my new Rosie with them, but now I'm doubting Hazel will accept her. Oh dear Help! Hazel is attacking Faline 423553
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Help! Hazel is attacking Faline Empty Re: Help! Hazel is attacking Faline

Post by Rngpwelfare Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:50 pm

How's things now? did they settle down or did you spilt them.
Rngpwelfare
Rngpwelfare
Rescuer

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.rngp.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:17 am

Hiya, thanks for your reply. It's not constant but never the less I don't feel it's ideal Help! Hazel is attacking Faline 423553 I'm going to take them both for a car ride today, see if that helps at all, anything is worth a try.
Saying that Vince and Hazel were having a little scuffle this morning as well.
Faline has been letting me nose rub her which is a massive improvement as she doesn't normally let me touch her, she must be glad of some kindness!

I have a sort of a back up plan if they need to be split. I will put Rosie, Faline and Vince outside together and Hazel will be a lone house rabbit. Fortunately for her she is a very cuddly and placid bunny so she is ok to have roaming around, she doesn't tend to chew things.
I'm hoping things calm down.
When I used to keep rats and mice, occasionally there used to scuffles as the pecking order changed, so I'm hoping it's just this.

I'll see what happens over the next few days.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:25 pm

I dont have any advice hun but I really hope that they are all okay and that this is just Hazel having a bad day.

K x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:14 pm

I have decided to seperate Hazel. After seeing what happened to Hazel when she was bullied, I don't want her to do the same to Faline. So, Hazel is now in 'the naughty hutch' on her own Crying or Very sad
I feel terrible for her in the spare hutch. She can see the other two but the hutch is quite small, it's 4ft long on two levels but she is quite a big rabbit. I don't want to rehome her as this is her safe forever home now, but I can't risk her attcking Faline. There were chunks of fur in the run today.
I'm aiming to put them in the trixie run on the lawn during the day as that is moved around so hopefully she won't be so territorial. Even Vince was getting a bit miffed with her.
She's on the sofa with me at the mo, she is such a lovely bun, so friendly.
I was hoping to have all 4 of them living together, now I have two in the main hutch, a lone bun (Hazel) in the spare hutch and Rosie residing in the back room.
Ah well, I love them all regardless, perhaps Hazel will become a house bun, although DH is rather struck with Rosie Very Happy
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:32 pm

They just don't know what is good for them!!! Hoping that everything sorts itself out and that they all settle down happily together in some shape or form. XX
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down