Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somethng I learned over the last few weeks..

+7
Velvet.Tears
Snowy
LilyGrace
KatieB
SarahJane
Catsknickers
Jay
11 posters

Go down

Somethng I learned over the last few weeks.. Empty Somethng I learned over the last few weeks..

Post by Jay Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:52 pm

..Is that this place now holds Bertie's life in it. It's like a record of all the lovely things, the awful things and the way we learned together about him. It's been really comforting reading all this, and his life is embedded here.

SJ put a comment on one the vids on the YT channel the other day
So many of these beautiful bunnies are no longer with us.But we never forget them, and the support HH gives when you lose that special bunny. x

I know there's a lot of lurkers out there (Smile ) and I can only speak for myself here, but I'd really like to read a lot more of the HH bunnies, and see their pics etc, and share in their good times as well as their troubles. There may come a time when this record is something you will treasure Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Somethng I learned over the last few weeks.. Empty Re: Somethng I learned over the last few weeks..

Post by Catsknickers Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:16 pm

I hear you hun. It really is like a record of their lives and also the impact that had on others. I treasure this community and our bunnies. Come on lurkers, you don't know what you are missing out on.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Somethng I learned over the last few weeks.. Empty Re: Somethng I learned over the last few weeks..

Post by SarahJane Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:44 pm

I was just watching the videos, and I saw so many bunnies who are gone, but they were around when it was created, and its so much more than a information video, its a memory, and its a memory we have all created.

I miss Peanut so much, and still to this day often slip and say I have four bunnies, and when I say three i always say "I did have four", I just feel he always needs to be mentioned and I liked that here I dont have to explain, or justify, you all "knew him" And its the same for Bertie.

So many bunnies I feel are key parts of this forum, I mean, without them it wouldnt be a forum at all would it?

SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Its a pretty special place this.

I know that when Bertie and Gloria passed, it was wonderful revisit and read their stories, see their pictures and videos and have their lives jump off the pages me.

You may think in daft and sentimental, but on here they are still with us.

Not long after I joined, Catswhiskas had posted a little story about Bella popping (or was that bursting) in through the catflap and munching on an apple. Such a simple story but it made me grin from ear to ear and I knew then this was the place for me.

Sometimes I worry that if I keep posting about Daisy that it might be boring to everyone. But this post has really got me thinking, because I know i'll never get bored of the apple munching stories or the binky photos from everyone else.

What a fantastic and thought provoking thread Jay, Ive shed a tear had a big smile, all in the time it has taken to post a reply.

So come on all of you out there..... More stories and tales and photos and vids. These bunnies are special gifts to be shared. As SJ put it once -Angels with Cotton Tails.

K x x

P.S. Like it or not - Definitely more of Daisy to come!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:16 pm

I was just thinking the other day I need to post more stories of my two...I think I tell them to the wrong people at work and they think i'm a bit mad haha!
You're right it is a record of their lives sort of like a virtual scrapbook Love
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:55 pm

I have just read this and at first it brought a lump to my throat and now I am sitting here crying as I type, I always thought that you would get fed up with me if I kept posting pictures of all my bunnies but I love to look at everyone elses pictures and see what they are up to, it is a fabulous community on here......so supportive and very genuine, I really must make more of an effort and do regular updates for everyone

Sarah Jane...I know what you mean, I sometimes slip up and call a pair of bunnies Mack and Mabel when maybe I mean Minnie and Snowy or Andy and Enzo, I miss them every single day, we went through so much together and they taught me so much too, I know how you feel about Peanut Butter Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

So come on everyone, lets make a real effort and all post some lovely pictures
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 pm

I took some new pics of Alaska (the catbun Laughing ) the other day fireworks night and she was scared to death so I got her out for some cuddles and that made her very happy I will post them in a bit
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:43 pm

I often feel a bit guilty because I know so many people have lost so many beautiful bunnies and i worry i "bang on about him" too much sometimes, but then like others have said - I wouldnt think that about anybody else, its daft isnt it!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:54 pm

I am so touched Katie, that Bella's antic had such an impact! Genuinely touched.

I NEVER get bored of hearing and seeing all our buns. That is what this place is about. I dunno what i would do without you hoppers x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:22 pm

I know when I feel sad I come on here and looks a all the pics and read all the antics everyones bunnies have been doing
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:31 pm

MissySJ wrote:I often feel a bit guilty because I know so many people have lost so many beautiful bunnies and i worry i "bang on about him" too much sometimes, but then like others have said - I wouldnt think that about anybody else, its daft isnt it!

That is just how I feel, thinking that people don't want me to go on about mine all the time and yet I love seeing everyone elses, so I agreee that it's really daft
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm glad you think that, I have a tendency to 'bang on' about mine Embarassed But then, why not, you guys are the only people that understand Hugs and I never tire of seeing and reading about other peoples, even though I may not always have the time to respond Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm

I have just gone back through some Bella threads and can't believe some of the stuff she got up to when she first arrived, or how white she was then! I also cannot believe that I ever even considered not adopting her. I knew I could never part with her.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Awww this thread has made me cry Embarassed Crying or Very sad Laughing

SJ I feel a bit like that too Embarassed Don't want people to get bored of hearing about mine but I don't think that about anyone else's and love updates on them Laughing

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:55 pm

I think we are all agreed, we will just keep on banging on about our bunnies Very Happy
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Yeah Laughing

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Yeah! lets just keep banging, I love that idea Laughing Laughing
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:23 pm

One of the first things that I did before writing Gloria's epitaph was to go through all the threads I had started and read all about the dreadful duo and what they had got up to. It gave me such pleasure to revisit those times and to see how positively people responded about her. When I speak at work or with friends, they are polite but you guys really 'get it'. Even I was amazed how much I came to love her and how much I miss her every morning when I go out to feed them.

Here she lives on forever as she does in my heart.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:30 pm

What a lovely thread. I hadn't posted about Furby's new wife who arrived today as I thought you were probably all fed up with hearing about my ever increasing fur family. I wish I could put photos up but the only way I do it on another forum is to text them from my mobile to another member and she puts them on for me, which is a very long winded way of doing it!

I love reading about other Hoppers' bunnies though and seeing photos and although I haven't met any of the buns in the fur (apart from Daisy B) I still feel like I know them Wink

Off to write about Furby's new wife now Wink

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:56 pm

Don't u have a usb cable for your phone Rhianna? Feel free to pass them along to me I can upload them onto my pc and put them on for you.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Don't know what a USB cable is but I don't have any cables for my 'phone (which is an old one) so no Sad I've only recently got broadband. I was on dial-up before that. I really am very behind the times!!

Thank you for offering to help x

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:24 pm

I agree - I love hearing all the stories so please nobody stop!!! xx
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 pm

proudmummy wrote:I agree - I love hearing all the stories so please nobody stop!!! xx

I don't have much to say about Johns - he's pretty much a free spirit in the garden and still fighting against going in at night Smile

Gonna post a couple of pics now x
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down