Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clever or Coincidence?

+5
NickieM
Vince the bunny
Velvet.Tears
Jay
KatieB
9 posters

Go down

Clever or Coincidence? Empty Clever or Coincidence?

Post by KatieB Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:40 am

So I made the mistake last week of commenting on one of Jay's posts saying I have no idea what Daisy gets up to at night....

I swear that little monkey goes on the net when I am at work!

Saturday night I was woken in the middle of the night by the noise of a scrambling bunny across the wooden floor downstairs. So I got out of bed and went downstairs to check he was okay. There he was sat on the sofa cool as a cucumber. I could see that the curtains at the french doors had been moved and thought that the little devil must have been having a midnight peek and something must have frightened him. Bless I thought and sat on the sofa for cuddles to make him feel better.

Sunday night I was woken in the middle of the night by a strange noise, so I got up, went downstairs again Daisy is sat on the sofa. Okay. On further inspection one of his toys (a dumbell with a ball inside is on the other side of the dining room. Thats okay I thought, he was just playing with his toy and the noise woke me up...its obviously me being a light sleeper for some reason tonight. So since I was there he got his head scratch and a little cuddle before I went back up to bed.

Then Last night.......Im woken up 3am to the sound of his bell ringing, and ringing and ringing. There was no way I was going to get back to sleep until it is confiscated! So I got up go downstairs and there he is sat on the sofa.....no doubt waiting for a cuddle!

My question is this???? Is he clever enough to have worked out that if he makes enough noise in the middle of the night and Ill come and give him a cuddle? After only two nights? Surely not? Or am I completely insane?

Im not getting up tonight thats for sure!!

(apologies for the long boring story)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Clever or Coincidence? Empty Re: Clever or Coincidence?

Post by Jay Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:07 am

ROFL ROFL ROFL Daisy B is more seriously the most clever bunny I have met when it comes to how to get cuddles and attention! Laughing

He is extremely calculating and it's really quite something!

I'm afraid that the only way to stop it is to close doors so that you don't hear it, and ignore him. Some people do this with toddlers when they have that break that cycle of screaming for attention, and this is no different.

I really think he would benefit from a bunny friend xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:44 am

Oh I love Daisy Love Laughing
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:45 am

I really think he would to, Id get him a wife today if I could.

Unfortunately Matt says no at the moment.

We have had such a long and hard road with Daisy buns illness that I all he can see at the moment is the expense and the difficulty in us being able to go away etc.

I need to give matt a couple of months of daisy being a well boy and hopefully matt will have forgotten the stress of it all. Finding a regular bunny sitter would be a help too. Then BAM im going to hit him with a new bunsta! Just got to play the long game............
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:56 am

Katie, do it anyway Laughing
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:15 am

I completely understand Katie, sorry if that sounded pressuring, it wasn't meant to Embarassed

I'm sure Matt will come round as you say, he's such a lovely guy, and I know he wants best for Daisy B, but I can really see the problem. It is exasperating when bunnies are ill, esp, with long term illness, and it drains you so much, cos you just want the little things to be well and happy, I do remember feeling this with Bertie too xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:01 pm

No I knew you wernt pressuring me - I think its cos I know he should have a friend, and I feel really guilty that he hasnt.

You are right though - his illness took it all out of us both mentally and financially, and I can see why Matt doesnt want another bun.

Ill talk him round though! Meeting Stewie was a step in the right direction for him as he really loved him and I think that caught him by surprise a bit!

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:45 pm

I think he could be doing this on purpose, I'm sure buns are very quick learners, especially if it's something in their favour! You'll have to do controlled crying with him lol!
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Of course he's doing it on purpose! It's Daisy B, the criminal mastermind of bunnies! Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Given how manipulative Peggy was in getting me to give her treats by not eating when I was watching, I think Daisy B is definitely being clever. Buns are amazing little beings. So much cleverness in a tiny little brain Very Happy Just as well they're not bigger or they would be ruling the world. On the other hand, maybe a world ruled by bunnies would be a good thing? ROFL

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:15 am

Of course Daisy is doing it on purpose! Laughing He knows exactly what he wants and how to get it.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:36 am

Way to go Daisy B Laughing

He is one smart bunster Very Happy
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuffers Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:08 pm

Daisy sounds like a right crafty so and so. But good on him, i'd do the same if i was a bun!

About his illness, i'm not sure what illness he has but it may be worth trying this http://www.thefulvicacidcompany.com/fulvic_acid_pages/the_pet_answer.html. Tuffers has been on it for ages now and i know a few people who have tried it for their buns and now won't be without it. Might be worth a try.

Tuffers
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down