Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collected this one tonight - U/D Back from the vets

+9
KatieB
Shellypops
Josephine
thumpersmum
NickieM
Velvet.Tears
SarahJane
becky
Snowy
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Collected this one tonight - U/D Back from the vets Empty Collected this one tonight - U/D Back from the vets

Post by Snowy Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Here's the special girl, it doesn't show just how thin she is, all you can feel is bones😢Crying or Very sad apparently she had 2 babies 2 weeks ago but they both died Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I am not surprised because I wouldn't have thought she was well enough to feed them, she is just so painfully thin

Isn't she beautiful

Collected this one tonight - U/D Back from the vets Kate005x2

Collected this one tonight - U/D Back from the vets Kate002x2

Last edited by Snowy on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Collected this one tonight - U/D Back from the vets Empty Re: Collected this one tonight - U/D Back from the vets

Post by becky Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:29 pm

She is so beautiful hun Love Poor girl Crying or Very sad I am sure she will put on weight now she is with you xxx

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Collected this one tonight - U/D Back from the vets Empty Re: Collected this one tonight - U/D Back from the vets

Post by SarahJane Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Oh bless her, she is very pretty but you can see how thin she is poor thing. X
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:43 am

Oh poor little girl Sad Sending put on weight vibes to her. How could anyone let her get so thin she has such beautiful colourings Love
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:16 am

Such a bad time of year to be a thin girl. Lots of porridge for her in the morning will put some weight on her bones. Especially as we have a dusting of snow today. Hope it isnt too cold with you.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 am

Aww she is very cute. Hope she puts some weight on quickly poor girl.

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:24 am

Well Catwalk Kate ( or Kate for short ) is doing very well this morning, she is eating for England, pooping like a trooper and looking quite bright in herself, she is not swaying, she is paifully thin and literally all bones so I think the swaying was something to do with the cold, she is much warmer and much brighter.

Well done Kate for getting her to safety, I don't think she would have lasted much longer outside and the tempretures are dropping so low at night now, lets have some vibes for this little girl that she gets over the traumas that she has endured and puts on lots of weight
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:37 am

Aw she is gorgeous, sending lots of "putting on weight" and "calming" vibes
for this beautiful little lady. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:44 am

Oh dear, thought is was too good to be true, I have just got her out of her tris and put her on the landing to have a run around and she can't hop, she can only walk, she is scared of the space and is not quite sure of what's happening, I would assume that she has been shut away in a tiny hutch and not let out for excercise , she is very nervous and when I tried to stroke her she cowered like she was going to be hit Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I think this little girlie is going to take some time to build her confidence
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Just had this from the lady who rescued her

When I went to pick her up she was on the floor surrounded by three of the owner's young sons who were firing pellet guns at her and their shoes were barely missing the top of her head. I bet she's been dropped, shot at and badly handled. When I put her in the carrier they were aiming the pellet guns through the gaps and I had to really pull myself back from throttling them.

I despair, I really do Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:13 pm

That is awful, what a terrible thing to do to any living creature, no wonder she's in such a bad state and so terrified. Hopefully with time and lots of love she will learn to trust humans. What an awful start she's had. No

Well done to everyone involved in getting her out, at least she's safe now. Very Happy

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm so angry, how could the parents even let them do it! Mad
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Shellypops Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:16 pm

She is gorgeous poor girlie Love
Shellypops
Shellypops
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:58 pm

OMG! What is wrong with people.

Thank goodness she has been rescued.

In you're care Theo she will thrive I know it.

Sending lots vibes for her to put on weight.

Also sending her lots and lots of love.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Snowy wrote:Just had this from the lady who rescued her

When I went to pick her up she was on the floor surrounded by three of the owner's young sons who were firing pellet guns at her and their shoes were barely missing the top of her head. I bet she's been dropped, shot at and badly handled. When I put her in the carrier they were aiming the pellet guns through the gaps and I had to really pull myself back from throttling them.

I despair, I really do Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Theo the language that has just come out of my mouth is atrocious but seriously what the ****? I would like to take those pellet guns and aim them at the kids and their parents?! What the HELL is wrong with people????????

I am so glad she is with you now and will know true, pure love and kindness. Thankyou so much for doing what you do and for taking this special lady. Hugs
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Three cheers for Snowy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers And to all you other rescuers Very Happy
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:41 am

The poor wee bunny - and we are supposed to be the superior race on this planet Sad

How lucky she is to have found you Theo. I hope she starts to relax a little soon and learn to trust. She is incredibly pretty Love Love Love
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:09 am

Yup three cheers for Snowy cheers cheers cheers
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:05 am

We have just got back from the vets and it appears that Kate could be pregnant Shocked Shocked Shocked, she is too poorly to be speyed and so we have made the decision to sit it out and count the days, Paula confirmed that she is dreadful malnourished and think that she has defective eyesight probably from inbreeding:roll:, she isn't swaying anymore but scans slightly, she still cowers when you go to stroke or touch her head but there doesn't appear to be any injury

Lots of non pregnant vibes I think please
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Goodness me.

I hope she isnt pregnant bless her - her little body has enough to deal with (as do you Theo)

Begs the question. Were is the little boy? Could he still be in this dreadful place?

I feel sick at the thought that he could still be there.

Please lord no.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Shellypops Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Lots of No pregnant vibes... Oh my word, I despair of this race
Shellypops
Shellypops
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by thumpersmum Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Sending lots of "no pregnancy" vibes, she really doesn't need that after everything else she's been through!

thumpersmum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:13 pm

I really hope she isn't that little girl would not be able to cope with it
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm amazed that she managed to get pregnant when she is so underweight. Just makes me so angry at the level of pure ignorance and neglect.

As Katie says, it does beg the question of where is the other rabbit? I don't think they are fit to have any animals.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:20 am

Oh dear, sending lots of no-pregnancy vibes.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next