Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunnies have so enhanced my life

+4
Rhianna
Velvet.Tears
Shellypops
Jay
8 posters

Go down

Bunnies have so enhanced my life Empty Bunnies have so enhanced my life

Post by Jay Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:30 pm

I know you guys will understand this, but I sometimes get a bit overwhelmed at just how much these gorgeous animals make my life so much better. I'm not just talking about Stewie B and Bertie, but all of the ones we know on here too. I'd never have imagined that Rabbits could live so harmoniously and interactively with hooman folk, and I'm sure you all feel that they are your friends to some degree, and some of them feel like my friends too Laughing
Watching Stewie 'host' his first mass dinner party last night was just amazing Very Happy He completely stole the show, and I was quite overwhelmed by how bright he is and how he knows the right buttons to push (or eat, in the case of remote controls!!) to get people on board.
I'm still struggling a bit with how I feel about him being here in relation to Bertie's passing, but that doesn't mean I don't love him to bits Smile I've had so many different animals in my lifetime, from pet sheep on the farm, through to buns, but buns rule, always! I just want to learn more and more, and I'm so interested in them, they've opened my mind to cross-species communication on a way that I haven't experienced before.

Sorry for the ramble, but I know you guys know drunken
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Bunnies have so enhanced my life Empty Re: Bunnies have so enhanced my life

Post by Shellypops Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:51 pm

I have been an adult bunny owner for just over twelve months now, and those little guys never fail to amuse me Laughing
Shellypops
Shellypops
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Oh my bunnies are my best friends, they know when i'm upset and always comfort me Love
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:50 pm

I adore my buns too - they are always doing something new. I love watching my cats and buns interact as well - it's wonderful.

I enjoy watching them in the wild as well - binkying in the fields. It's entrancing and I can stand and watch them for ages.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:11 pm

I had doggies before and always had hammy's and dogs growing up. Although I always adored my Boys there is something very special about my bond with Daisy.

Maybe its because I have to learn everything about him in order for us to communicate, whereas its quite easy for a dog to tell you what he wants. Its brought us closer.

I would never have imagined what daisy has brought to my life, nor can I really even explain it. But I do know that I could never be without buns. Once they have binky'd their way in, thats it forever I think.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Overwhelmed is a perfect word to describe it. Dont know if its hormonal or what, but recently I just look at Rhia & Dylan and my heart does that funny bursting-with-love thing. Actually it might be since I lost Venny, I guess they're my main focus now, whereas before he was definately my number one. I really do feel such a huge amount of love for them.
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:14 pm

I get overwhelmed by them and everything they do. Sometimes it is just a completely melting feeling I get. I wish I could put into words what it is about them.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:57 am

I completely agree.

The only thing that is guaranteed to make me happy is watching my two. It beats everything else in life that I've experienced so far. Probably the thing that amazes me the most is that such small, and in many ways vulnerable, creatures have such big and clear personalities. The time it takes to understand bunny language, behaviour and communication makes it all the more worth it - it's like the rabbits are speaking in a special language only we can understand. Like Katie said, the effort makes the rewards all the more valuable.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down