Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi from kent

+5
Jay
Catsknickers
KatieB
Josephine
peggysmum
9 posters

Go down

hi from kent Empty hi from kent

Post by peggysmum Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:45 pm

hi all. my name is tracey and i live in kent with my little hairy family. i have 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 rabbits and 2 guinea pigs and several fish. i sadly did have 3 rabbits but one of my girls died yesterday. it was very sudden. damson and her sister daisy were spayed last week and all seemed to be fine but i went into feed them yesterday and my little damson was very weak and within moments she died, ive been told it can happen to rabbits but i was as you can imagine i was shocked to the core. most of my animals are rescue, i work in dog rescue myself. i have always had dogs and cats and untill last month i had bilbo baggins my 8 yr old guinea pig but sadly life came to an end for my dear old boy at the beginning of january, so i went see a freind who runs an animal rescue / sanctuary here in kent and adopted from her wiggy a male long haired guinea pig. i also adopted last week a 5 week old female g.pig i have named coco, they cant go in together yet as wiggy has just been neutered so 5 weeks of squeeking through the bars.
i adopted my rabbits last august from a local rspca they were there longest stayers as they are quite stubborn ladies and dont like being handled so no one wanted them, they were a mum and 2 daughters, doris, daisy and damson but as i said damson passed away yesterday. i am an amatuer rabbit keeper, dogs and cats being my thing so have come here to learn how i can make my girls life better. i will post some questions in the appproriate place later. anyway that is me and my lot. will add pics of the gang if you like but it could take a while. there are so many of them, perhaps start with the rabbits as this is a rabbit forum Laughing although im sure you all love all aniamls just as i do. thanks tracey and the madhouse.

peggysmum
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

hi from kent Empty Re: hi from kent

Post by Josephine Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:29 pm

hi from kent 535317 Hello Tracey, welcome to Happy Hoppers. There are a lot of members on here, who give very good advice on all aspects of being owned by rabbits. So you have come to the right place. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your menangerie. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:50 pm

hey There,

Welcome to HH. So very sorry to hear about Damson. Bless her heart. I hope you are okay.

Looking forward to hearing all about your fur family. Please feel free to get stuck in with posting. We are a friendly lot. Very Happy

And Again, Welcome.

Wave
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Hello and welcome to HH. So sorry to hear about poor Damson. Binky free sweet bun.

Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:14 pm

What a great intro post, you have so much to bring here Smile I'm sorry about Damson, it's especially hard when it's so shocking, you're not alone.

I hope you enjoy the forum Wave

Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Welcome to the group love. I am so sorry about Damson. I too have guienas and 1 house bunny, I lost a bunny before christmas and I am still not over it so I know what you are going through.

Love Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysmum Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:33 pm

thankyou all for your welcomes, hope i shall learn lots of new and helpful things on here and have fun too. thanks tracey

peggysmum
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraggle Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Tracey, so sorry to hear about your Damson. Where is your dog rescue centred. I have an dog that attends agility classes in Hadlow near Tonbridge for the classes
Fraggle
Fraggle
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysmum Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:44 pm

hi fraggle i dont work in a rescue centre i volunteer for a home based rescue in deal. this means we foster individual dogs in our own homes. i also do homechecks for alsorts of rescues when they need doing in my area. i attended hadlow college a few years ago for a dog grooming course.tracey

peggysmum
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi Tracey, welcome to HH Wave

We have all been newbie bunny owners once ourselves and remember how worrying it can be. Please ask any questions that you want and remember that no question is too trivial to be asked.

I am sorry about Damson. It is such a shock when they go so suddenly. We have an area called Rainbow Bridge where, when you feel ready, you might like to post a thread about Damson. It is really helpful to be able to write how you feel. Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi and welcome Wave
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper