Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long 2 wait after neuter 2 introduce buck 2 speyed does?

3 posters

Go down

How long 2 wait after neuter 2 introduce buck 2 speyed does? Empty How long 2 wait after neuter 2 introduce buck 2 speyed does?

Post by Fairy13 Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Sorry for the numbers in the title - it wouldn't all fit!! (sorry if this should be in care Embarassed )
As the title says really, I have 3 speyed does that will hopefully live in a group with a frenchie buck, one of the ones that Kay rescued. Very Happy
He's currently being fostered by Hugo's there for me while we get their aviary built etc.
But i just wondered will the 6 weeks rule still apply? Though obviously they cant get preggers. So does this mean I can introduce sooner, or do you think he'll be a fiend cos of his hormones still anyway?
I'm really quite unsure! scratch whaddya reckon?!

Fairy13
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

How long 2 wait after neuter 2 introduce buck 2 speyed does? Empty Re: How long 2 wait after neuter 2 introduce buck 2 speyed does?

Post by Kay Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:40 pm

Hiya, I think alot of people try to bond as soon as the buck's wounds have healed. I was advised to bond Arthur a week after his op. Didn't work with him but then he is 'special' Laughing Good luck I can't wait to see photos of him Thumbs Up
Kay
Kay
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

How long 2 wait after neuter 2 introduce buck 2 speyed does? Empty Re: How long 2 wait after neuter 2 introduce buck 2 speyed does?

Post by Fairy13 Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Kay wrote:Hiya, I think alot of people try to bond as soon as the buck's wounds have healed. I was advised to bond Arthur a week after his op. Didn't work with him but then he is 'special' Laughing Good luck I can't wait to see photos of him Thumbs Up

thanks Kay Very Happy That's good I was hoping I didnt have to wait so long as 6 weeks(i'm too excited!). Fingers crossed they'll all get on together. You'll be seeing plenty of photos Very Happy

Fairy13
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:49 pm

i think people tend to say 2 weeks after neuter til the hormones have died down in most cases but in some it can be four.

Domino was with pebbles in 10 days but he was neutured bang on 4 months so he didnt really HAVE any hormones.

peanut however who was over a year only needed two weeks.

xxx
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy13 Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi SJ! Thanks. He is just coming up to 4 months as well so hopefully he wont have had much time to think of such things before they're whipped away!!

P.S. How is Mr Butter doing? x

Fairy13
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:55 pm

hes fine, hes back outside, hes put on lots of weight so hes all cuddly again, hes now 2.3, when a month ago he was 1.9 so i think hes doing well considering.i am giving him 2 meals a day though and treats so hes putting it all back on, hell be shocked when the treats stop!!

hes being a monkey tho cus if jelly tries to get a treat he actually does what i can only refer to as a 'bunny slap' (he hits her with his front foot). poor jelly gets all upset n goes and hides!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fairy13 Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:58 pm

No way!! Shocked Laughing That must be so funny to see (sorry Jelly!)
I'm so glad he's on the mend, was it EC?
Out of interest, what treats have you been giving him to build him up. I might get some good ideas for Picollo Very Happy x

Fairy13
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:08 pm

ive been giving him those Wagg Carrot sticks, or the Beetroot ones he goes crazy for them.

And alfalfa chips he loves them, banana chips too but i dont think there actually fattening

it sounds horrid but it is funny! he will have a treat is his mouth and he actually sits on his hind legs and bats her away, and to think this time last year he was sitting in a corner shivering during their bonding and she will parading round like lady muck! how they tables have turned
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down