Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

******* fireworks!

+2
Yodaphine
dizzylynn
6 posters

Go down

******* fireworks! Empty ******* fireworks!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Some idiot is letting off fireworks right now, whilst it is still light outside. The buns were out in the garden and they are exploding right over the garden. Not only has it put the wind up the buns and made them difficult to quickly shoo indoors but I am now going to have to check the garden thoroughly for debris before I let them out again in the morning. I am really wound up now.

BTW there is a epetition on banning fireworks for general sale if anyone is interested - http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/2900

Back to top Go down

******* fireworks! Empty Re: ******* fireworks!

Post by dizzylynn Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:46 pm

I often wonder if they have any brains, its LIGHT you cant see the pritty colours so whats the point. I'm sure Ive been hearing them too in last hour. I wish shops would stop selling them and each town do a proper orginased thing, even if they charged a small fee at the gates, £1 - £2 per head, its all done safely and no near folks homes with pets, stops idiot kids getting hold of them and injurying someone. That way the folks that dont want to hear or see it dont have to be upset buy it, would be alot cheaper too, I am not paying £20 - £50 just to burn in the garden waste of money rather buy soemthign can keep.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:56 pm

OMG!!! Dont even get me started! They infuriate me! A couple of nights ago, Bean was in the kitchen having a munch when there was a barrage of loud bangs from outside...He came skittling into the lounge with a look of absolute terror! No I too think they should not be sold to the general public, call me a fun sucker but it should be organised displays only IMO!

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Its not fair on those who dont like fireworks, or the pets that are truly terrified, our Sam (lab x alsation) was so scared he burst the kids devan beds trying to hide from teh banging, he tried to crawl inside the frame, but he wasnt exactly small, he had to go to dogs trust and that was one of the things i put in the form he is highly fearfull of loud noises. There are many pets like this, i think the firework market really dont take them into concideration when they put them on the store shelfs. Bess is getting more and more jumpy so have a feeling she will be super bad this year. Bonnie will probs bark constantly at the bangs. Charlie might need to come into the house on the night that most will let them off, trouble is it can go on for weeks. You cant really take them inside for that long. If there housing is outside.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:06 pm

HBWS HBWS And now someone has just let off a load more outside just now!!!!! Its October for goodness sake!!!!!!!!!!! Mad

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:07 pm

dizzylynn wrote: You cant really take them inside for that long. If there housing is outside.
Bean is a house bun, and they still terrify him Sad

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Think its worse for the outside buns, the hear it more, but no matter what they let them off for to long before fireworks night, there on the shelfs in stores already, far to early, if they insist on sellign them why do they start so early.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:24 pm

dizzylynn wrote:Think its worse for the outside buns, the hear it more...
Absolutely, I had the window open, and had to close it cos of how much they were upsetting my boy...Im so thankful at this time of year that he is indoors, outside buns have no way of escaping the noise at all Sad Sad Sad

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:31 pm

It doesn't help matters that shops are selling fireworks two months before Bonfire Night No

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Shops think ohh time to make money, and scare the pets is just sommit they dont think about. If it gets out of hand I will go to the local council and complain.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Once it is dark and they are indoors it is not a problem but I didn't think I needed to shoo them in during daylight hours. The falling debris really did not help. When I went upstairs to work out who was letting them off a lot of the neighbours were in their gardens trying to see where they were coming from and generally shaking their heads. Next door's dog was going mad and poor lop on the other side lives outside so would have no where to hide. The local garden centre has actually set up a firework shop in town. This would be the town where someone was killed after boys posted a firework through her letter box.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:30 pm

I hate fireworks.

Its not just the cost to animals - which is appalling, what about the costs to the emergency services, hospitals etc....

Ive signed the petition!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Tbh I think all my buns dont even notice the noise, what with waggons and cars going past the house at all hours of the day and the dogs barking and my mutt and child running about I think they think its normal Hmmm .
Im out in the garden every day sorting them out and doing bits and bobs so I know if there is anything different in there.

Hope it all settles down for you lot xx
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:01 am

I think I have signed that petition before, I hate fireworks can't understand why we celebrate something by letting explosives off and that's what they are. Every year someone get's hurt or badly burned or they get disfigured or worse and they are so expensive, some of the rockets we were looking at were £50 each Shocked
Animals suffer and old people must hate it as it must bring back memories I'm sure of war days as some of the fireworks are that loud and you get them, November 5th, New Years Eve and even weddings sometimes.
I can remember my neighbour one year waking up to a rocket inbedded in her car roof.
Plus I had my horse pts on November 5th 23 years ago.
I'd like to see fireworks banned altogether.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down