Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit

+15
Nagila
Thumper2001
Happy Hoppers
Josie
woodwench
NickieM
4390evans
fiver
icedancer
Ruffin
jolovesbunnies
Velvet.Tears
KatieB
fall3n-ang3l
Vince the bunny
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit Empty went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:19 pm

With my daughter having friends around to the house, it is well known I have rabbits. One of the mums approached me yesterday regarding a rabbit bought for their daughter that hasn't turned out to be the cuddly bunny they had hoped for Sad She asked if I knew where she could take it to rehome it so I mentioned a rescue place a short drive away from me but she wanted to rehome asap so for some stupid reason I said I'd take him in if she was desperate. Well, she brought him to school this morning in a cardboard box Shocked I had to walk back with a 2 year old moaning to be carried and a rabbit in a box.

Turns out he is a young male rex, jet black, very soft but not at all cuddly Laughing I clipped his nails as they were stupidly long and he has a couple of small bald spots on his hocks, I assume from the long nails, but other than being terrified, he is ok. He's in the trixie run at the mo whist I dig out my spare indoor cage that I used when I had the trio neutered.

Not sure what to do with him now, I didn't think she would actually hand him over to me, and especially not at school in a box.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit Empty Re: went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:37 pm

went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit Trip003

went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit Trip005
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit Empty Re: went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:49 pm

omg,hes gorgeous,so silky,are you going to keep him?
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:50 pm

and will that work with kids,can i walk to your school and hand my twins over? Laughing
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:00 pm

fall3n-ang3l wrote:and will that work with kids,can i walk to your school and hand my twins over? Laughing

urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. No ROFL

I don't know if I will keep him. He's an intact male and I don't think Vince would let me bond him with him and his girls. I enquired this morning about neutering as I am able to use the RSPCA facilities which are half the price of my usual vet, which makes it affordable but earlier in the year things got a bit rocky financially and I had to rehome two of my other buns Rosie and Hutch. In hindsight now, I could have kept them both but at that time I felt rehoming was the best thing for them and the maintainence of my trio. So, I need to think hard about this, I wasn't planning on getting more buns and I still feel sad about the loss of Rosie as she was such a loveable cheeky little girl.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:04 pm

i guess you have answered the question then,he is stunning
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Well done for taking him hun.

What a difficult position you are in now though. Whatever you decide to do we are all here to support you .x x MWAHXXXXXX

K x

PS he is a STUNNER!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:27 pm

Awwww he is gorgeous Love
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Oh dear, I can appreciate you are in a difficult position love as Katie says, but thank you for taking him in even if it is only for a while.

He is a pretty boy.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:29 pm

[b]Your a star for taking him in and he looks lovely. I know what you mean though quite often my brain says NO yet me gob says YES Laughing
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:36 pm

He is lovely. He looks totally terrified, but then I guess he was stuck in a cardboard box and taken to a school.

Trouble is we know why he probably isn't a cuddly bunny.

Good luck with what you decide to do with him. I know I'm useless with animals and just get way too attached too easily, so hopefully I'm never just handed a bunny as I wouldn't be able to give it back up. Good on you for doing it.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:46 pm

He is certainly a knockout in the looks department.

Rexes are prone to sores on their feet especially when they have been sat in urine. (just filling in the gaps in his back story using assumptions)

He may come around to human affection when it is consistently offered in the right way. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:56 pm

aww he's certainly got the i'm beutiful look, Love
well done for taking him in, Thumbs Up
be careful when you go back to the school theres probably more now word has got round Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:02 pm

fiver wrote:
be careful when you go back to the school theres probably more now word has got round Laughing
Oh crikey, hadn't thought of that Shocked Laughing Laughing

He has been making odd noises this afternoon, kind of like snoring but also like that funny noise they make when they are scared of something.
I' don't think he was in a big hutch so sore hocks from urine could well be a possibility. His nails were terribly long, I'm avoiding being scratched by them as they are still too long but I hate clipping them, once was enough.
I'm not sure what the noise is he is making, he is still doing it now, like a wheeze? His nose and paws are clean, I think I may take him to the vet tomorrow as he is just sat huddled in his litter tray at the mo.

On a good note, he did some binkies in the trixie run Smile

He is one handsome bunny though, he feels softer than Hazel, and she is soft.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:05 pm

aww he knows he is in a better place already
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:08 pm

ahhhhhh, thank you

He is licking DH, i think he likes my DH. I think DH likes him.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:10 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:ahhhhhh, thank you

That's fantastic, he really does sound very happy.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:12 pm

He just looks so bewildered and frightened poor thing. He is licking the wall now.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:ahhhhhh, thank you

Does that mean DH wants him to move in permanently?

Glad he's settling down. Poor boy. Does he have a name?
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:He just looks so bewildered and frightened poor thing. He is licking the wall now.

Laughing He sounds like a right silly bunny Laughing Bless him he probably isn't used to attention
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Is it a honk? I love honking. Flo did it when she first came home but stopped it as soon as she got her bearings and have never done it since. It is a very vulnerable sound and I thought it was a response to just being completely overwhelmed by a new experience. If you have some Probiotic it might be a good plan to sneak some into his water whilst he settles in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:27 pm

We are going to discuss it, if we keep him we will have to neuter him asap and then I will probably find him a friend as I wouldn't want to keep him on his own and I don't want to split my trio up. Then I would need to budget for 5 sets of vacs so it needs some serious thought.

Once he has a name he stays, I quite like him, tbh if he had been a lop or lionhead I would have contacted the rescue centers by now but he is a rex and I have a soft spot for them and he does have a lovely rabbity face.

Any suggestions for names?
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Merlin, Magic, Rolo
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:31 pm

he sounds like hes loving been with you
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:32 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Is it a honk? I love honking. Flo did it when she first came home but stopped it as soon as she got her bearings and have never done it since. It is a very vulnerable sound and I thought it was a response to just being completely overwhelmed by a new experience. If you have some Probiotic it might be a good plan to sneak some into his water whilst he settles in.

Hmmmmm, i think that could describe it, he has stopped now he is sat on the sofa with me. He is sat as far away from me as possible Laughing I have given him a small amount of pellets as I don't know what he had before. He has been eating lots of hay and pooing so this is promising and he scoffed some fresh grass that I cut from the lawn.

He is sat with his ears flat against his head, I think he is resting not angry but he looks very satanic, must be the jet black colour of him Shocked
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next