Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit

+15
Nagila
Thumper2001
Happy Hoppers
Josie
woodwench
NickieM
4390evans
fiver
icedancer
Ruffin
jolovesbunnies
Velvet.Tears
KatieB
fall3n-ang3l
Vince the bunny
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit - Page 4 Empty Re: went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Well, attempted an introduction today between Boo and Hazel. Things seemed positive when Boo was behind bars and the trio were free ranging. No sign of agression from either side, but, put them together and instant fight!
Hazel went for him, they nipped chased and rolled about on the floor, then Hazel jumped up and did the most amazing head butt right on his noggin Shocked I seperated them at this point.
A bit later I tried Vince and Boo went for him too. Hmmmmmm, Boo is booked in for his neuter next thursday so I'll try again once his hormones have calmed down. Thing is, I don't want to upset the trio as they are a nice group.

I went to the dogs home today and they had loads of buns, so that may be an option, to adopt a ready spayed female, give another bun a chance too Smile
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit - Page 4 Empty Re: went to school with 2 kids, came back with a rabbit

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:57 pm

shame things didnt go to plan but hes still in a better home Love
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:00 pm

Were there any cuties that caught your eye at the Dogs Home?

Boo might have been feeling a bit got at by the girls which is why he went for Vince. Shame as Vince seemed to like him the other day. Could you get used to calling the tro the quads though?!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:13 pm

icedancer wrote:Were there any cuties that caught your eye at the Dogs Home?

Boo might have been feeling a bit got at by the girls which is why he went for Vince. Shame as Vince seemed to like him the other day. Could you get used to calling the tro the quads though?!

Yes, there was a lovely chocolate rex boy, neutered, aged 5. He was lovely too, but those lops Love wel, they were something else Very Happy

Not sure why Boo went for Vince really, I will try again and see what happens. I just don't want them to injure each other, that happened before with Vince and another male I had, and I had to go to the vets with the other male as Vince had a right go at him. Buns can be really nasty to each other.

I do quite like the trio as they are. I will see what happens, one bad incident doesn't have to be the end of it.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Vince the bunny wrote:Well.

We are keeping him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance

Dh is rather taken with him as am I. The kids and I have called him Boo Love We really like that name and it suits him as he is so nervous. He went outside in the run again this afternoon to stretch his legs, he really seems to enjoy jumping over things. He was less nervous than yesterday when i had trouble catching him again.
He has also met Vince, I was cleaning out the trio and Vince often hops out the door and explores whilst I change the hay etc... It was very interesting as Vince demanded grooming, his tail wasn't too erect and he didn't look that angry. Boo was friendly, no aggression from him at all. Vince did chase Hazel around the garden somewhat but Hazel wasn't interested in him at all. (she joined Vince for a run around the garden too). Maybe there is some potential there for a quad?

The kids have agreed to let me house him in their playhouse over winter. I can add a tunnel to it and attach the trixie run so he has plenty of space. For now though I feel he needs to be with us so he learns that he is loved and safe. I will book in his neuter next week as at the mo he is litter box trained and doesn't spray....yet!

Fortunately there were no more 'rabbit in a box' tricks at school today Laughing

When the kids are in bed, i will sit him on the sofa with me so he doesn't have to sit in his cage too much. He is munching on some fresh grass at the mo.

I'm glad we are keeping him, he is sooooooooooooooo lovely. My little Boo Love

I thought this might be the outcome somehow Wink

Congrats to Boo (and you!) on his new found home Very Happy

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Our of interest (and because I am often asked about the location of rescues when people find out about my buns and I am down your end of the world) which rescue did you go to?

(I know now I saw the other thread)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:00 pm

There are a few rescues in Bristol, the RSPCA dogs home in Bristol and Bath take in small animals , there is also Yate Small Animal Rescue and Boarding Bunnies at Home. Baileys pet shop also have a small rescue based in their home. hth
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4